It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I only read 'Martin Eden' from Jack London ("Sea Wolf" sounds familiar, but I cannot remember). I never knew he wrote books like "Iron Heel".

Anyway, there is no better fiction than reality...I remember when I read Gogol's "Dead Souls", I thought that those characters could not exist really, that it was too grotesque...how wrong I was!

Another comparison - pharaoh times. They had thousands and thousands of people working as slaves for them. All the slaves believed in a cult. Honestly, I really do not feel that I exaggerate, I feel that there is no difference between the 20th and 21st century and the Ramses times. We are still nothing but slaves.
The other day, as I was walking my dogs, I thought..."I have been born as a slave, I will die as a slave...that is a little sad."

On the other hand, just KNOWING that you are a slave gives you a little bit of a freedom. I come from a big valley, really flat, something like Indiana...and people used to say that if you climbed on a pumpkin, you could see very far...it is all it takes. A pumpkin.

It took me some time to figure out about the Moon Landing, and, when I was just a boy, my cousin's grandmother new...hey, she could barely read and write? There could be thousands of people out there that just laugh about it, like you said golemina, and they do not even care to explain it to anybody. Smart people.

The way things are going with education and overall, I would not be surprised if, twenty years from now, they taught children at school that Bruce Willis saved us from an asteroid...
)

But, golemina, they are also creating different stories, about aliens and other, only to make it harder for the independent researcher to figure out the reality. That is why I focus only on the simple stuff. I know what they are lying about, and I know how they manipulate the world. I know their rhetoric, I know their myths, I know HOW they do it. I could easily work as a higher level manipulator should such a position be open

It is fairly easy for me to see through them. The hard part is to research anything, like what Moon really is, and what knowledge is genuine. That requires much more time, resources. And as I am such a big skeptic...it makes it even harder.

The rulers of our tiny world are very smart. They control the position and the opposition. They control the truth and the lies. They create their own enemies, and have them recruit free "thinkers" and then they lead them just slightly (or more) of track...

I am not a professional, and I do not have any ambition of important discoveries. I am too lazy to get involved, I admit that I like my own comfort. But I do hope that some really smart guys will one day figure out how to change the world for the better.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
when i see the footage like these i become skeptical

video.google.com...

the better quality one of this one was removed from google video...

video.google.com...

note near the end they compare two expeditions and they clearly goto the same spot on the moon but NASA says they are two totally different locations.. why is that.

jra

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well I wrote out a big reply, but ATS decided to go down for maintenance when I posted and I lost it all, so lets try this again...

Originally posted by thedangler
when i see the footage like these i become skeptical

video.google.com...

Ok, so right near the beginning that guy mentions that there is no evidence of any astronaut doing any high leap or jump. Well he's very wrong about that.

A few astronauts did try jumping as high as they could. I believe it was on Apollo 11 that one jumped several feet or so from the ground up onto the LM ladder. Another was from Apollo 16 where one of the astronauts jumped about 4 feet. But he tipped over backwards and landed on his PLSS (Portable Life Support System). This is why the astronauts rarely jumped as high as they could, due to the extreme risk of damaging a vital part of the suit. The PLSS adds a lot of weight to your back and offsets ones center of balance.

Here's the video of the astronaut from Apollo 16 jumping about 4 feet and landing on his back. www.hq.nasa.gov...

And here's a link about walking and jumping on the Moon. And a quote from it. history.nasa.gov...

Armstrong, from the 1969 Technical Debrief - "I would say that balance (while walking) was not difficult; however, I did some fairly high jumps and found that there was a tendency to tip over backwards on a high jump. One time I came close to falling and decided that was enough of that."

On Apollo 16, Charlie Duke tried to jump as high as he possibly could and, as Neil almost did, tipped over backwards and landed on his PLSS. In his 1990 book, "Moonwalker", written with his wife Dotty, he said that, as he fell, he was genuinely afraid that he was about to die but, fortunately, neither his PLSS nor his suit was damaged and the only damage to himself was an acute case of embarrassment.

As for those shiny wires. Those are antennas, not wires. You can see them clearly in the high quality still photographs. They were a flat strip that came out of the PLSS backpack and they'd sometimes reflect the sunlight when they were sticking up. Also an astronaut in a space suit weights about +300lbs. There is no way a small thin wire could hold them up. The 'rehearsal rig' footage that is shows reveals that. Look at the size of that setup. Not too subtle is it?

As for his 'slow-mo' footage. To me his 'normal' version looks sped up. One thing to really notice is the dust that's kicked up by the astronauts feet. Notice how the dust does not get suspended in the air (because there is no air on the moon) If they were faking this on Earth, the fine dust would remain suspended in the air longer and even possibly cloud up a bit. But this dust travels in a nice arching trajectory. None of it stays suspended in the air at all.

note near the end they compare two expeditions and they clearly goto the same spot on the moon but NASA says they are two totally different locations.. why is that.

Well I don't have the time to load a 1.5 hour video. But I think I know what you're talking about. Some of the Apollo missions had multiple EVA's. For example Apollo's 15 - 17 each had 3 EVA's. Each of those EVA's went to different areas around them (usually only traveling a few km). So it's very easy to get the same hill or mountain in the background. Some of those mountains were very large and far away, so there appearance wouldn't change much by traveling a few km's.

For example. I live in a valley and I have hills and mountains all around my town. I can take a picture of a mountain from one end of my town and then drive 10km to the other side of town and take a picture of it and only the foreground will look different, the mountain in the background will have changed only slightly if at all.

I hope that was clear and made sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As conspiracies go...

This one was blown wide open a long time ago TheDangler... unfortunately the pro-NASAs keep dragging out the same rhetorically-based arguments... As if all of the 'discussions' were fair and honest exchanges of ideas... The whole time TOTALLY IGNORING that NASAs credibility was hammered a long time ago.

I asked in a different thread...

'Is there anyone here who can say with a straight face that the apex of what would be science, NASA, has not engaged in 'enhancing' photos?'

That pretty much summarizes the entire conspiracy.

>'On the other hand, just KNOWING that you are a slave gives you a little bit of a freedom. I come from a big valley, really flat, something like Indiana...and people used to say that if you climbed on a pumpkin, you could see very far...it is all it takes. A pumpkin.'

A pumpkin?

THAT is classic Swimmer.

And here I thought you might have gotten in the last word on this thread.

>'But, golemina, they are also creating different stories, about aliens and other, only to make it harder for the independent researcher to figure out the reality. That is why I focus only on the simple stuff. I know what they are lying about, and I know how they manipulate the world. I know their rhetoric, I know their myths, I know HOW they do it. I could easily work as a higher level manipulator should such a position be open

It is fairly easy for me to see through them. The hard part is to research anything, like what Moon really is, and what knowledge is genuine. That requires much more time, resources. And as I am such a big skeptic...it makes it even harder.'

Yeah, you would think the internet (and repositories of information
) would make it easier to amass a real picture... a valid (and accurate
) historical record.

The reality is it makes it more difficult... Especially with the concentration (and, of course, early comprimising of...) search engines. Instead of an engine of education...

Google has become an engine of obfuscation.

>'The rulers of our tiny world are very smart. They control the position and the opposition. They control the truth and the lies. They create their own enemies, and have them recruit free "thinkers" and then they lead them just slightly (or more) of track...'

It IS a truly brilliant setup... People are basically inept... Are EASILY confused... befuddled... bambozzled...

Do you need ANY more proof than people keep looking at the Petit Prince 'historical record' (aka Apollo Moon landing footage
)...

SEE! We went to the Moon.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
where and how was it blown wide open?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
is called 'science' TheDangler.

A quick synopsis is available in a thread authored by Snafu7700.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can an one here tell me the total amount of pictures taken from the chest cameras. from one mission to the next?

i found the number along time ago but i can't find it again.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
never mind found what i was looking for.

im guessing you guys have already deconstructed this website and the number of photo's taken

www.aulis.com...

jra

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

never mind found what i was looking for.

im guessing you guys have already deconstructed this website and the number of photo's taken

www.aulis.com...

Yeah that's been covered at least a couple times in this thread alone. And I don't agree that it would be impossible to take all those photos in the amount of time that they had and still do all that work. If you look at the whole catalog of photos, you'll see that a number of them were taken close together. Either it's multiple shots of the same thing, or a panorama. Things like that.

The time Jack White gives for the amount of time for photos is completely made up by himself. For example. Taking Apollo 11 and it's 1 EVA of 2hours and 31minutes. He just takes the 31 minutes and calculates how many photos per minute they'd have to take. But in reality, photos were being taken during the entire 2 hours and 31 minutes. And that comes to .87 photos per minute. Not 3.90.

Also with the later missions both astronauts were taking photos, so if you calculate it the normal way and not the Jack White way. And then divide that number by two, then you'd get the approximate photos per minute by each astronaut. So for Apollo 17 you'd get .75 photos per minute per astronaut.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Can an one here tell me the total amount of pictures taken from the chest cameras. from one mission to the next?

i found the number along time ago but i can't find it again.

I don't have the figures, but this site seems to have a fairly good collection. It was originally linked from the NASA site, that is how I found it.

www.apolloarchive.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For those who only wander "how" and not "if" - could the "area 51" be actually the location the "Moon Landing" was filmed? Didn't they find a peculiar flying object there, that had some folia...that resembles a lot some of the material that we see in the movies from the "Moon Landing" series?

Just a thought...that would also explain a lot of the secrecy...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Blast, the thread seems to have stopped!

It's taken me two days to read right through this. This must be the most interesting thread I've ever looked through, re; moon hoax.

Brilliant information and links and I can't believe how patient some of the members have been. Well done guys.........

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Don't really have the time to read through 70 pages of posts, but i agree and disagree with the posts... For the longest time i didn't think it possible to land on the moon, many because of the video and pictures NASA ended up showing to the world and how the heck would they get through those huge radiation belts with just aluminum shielding.

Recently i have heard and read some stuff about how they did satantic rituals on the moon so thats why they staged the whole moon landing video so people wouldn't see the rituals they did on the moon.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
When China and France build cool little colonies on the moon we will all know for sure. Of course it probably the only way we will get off our butts and start spending money on exploring space like we should have. I should be vacationing on the moon by now. If we would spend some actual $$$ on it instead of hamstringing NASA we would all be able to take a tour of "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
There was a discussion among NASA officials and the government as to whether the original landing sites should be conserved as historic places and not intruded on.

Developed as tourist traps !

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I just watched a show called "Conspiracy Moon Landing" and found the arguments rather compelling that the moon landing actually took place. I haven't read through all the posts in this thread so apologies if this show has already been brought up. It airs again on Sat. Jan. 27 4PM EST.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have flip flopped on this for many years. When I was very much younger I had no reason to doubt that we went to the moon. Then I watched some of the programs that throw doubt on the effort but more recently I have returned to the view we did land on the moon.

One of the big reasons (and it has been mentioned already in this post), is that the Americans and the Russians went in to space with the help of Nazi scientists. I can see these Nazi as being part of this hoax. They would have wanted to go to the moon. In part to show that the Americans needs the Nazi to achieve the moon and because this challenge was there.

As for the cover-up, lets look at how incompetent Government is and how many other cover ups have been exposed. Watergate, Iran-Contra just spring to mind. Unless I have missed it, has one person come forward to see "Yes I was involved and here is the prove" All the evidence I have seen is based on things wrong with the pictures.

jra

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
Unless I have missed it, has one person come forward to see "Yes I was involved and here is the prove" All the evidence I have seen is based on things wrong with the pictures.

That's basically what it comes down to, plus a lack in understanding the science behind it all. Out of the big names in the Apollo hoax camp like, Bill Kaysing, Bart Sibrel, David Percy or Jack White. None of them have any scientific or engineering background. The closest any of them come to having been apart of the Apollo program is Bill Kaysing, who worked for Rocketdyne as head of technical publications (basically he was a writer and a librarian), but again, he had no engineering or scientific training. Also, he only worked there from 1956 to 1963. He wasn't around when they were going to the Moon.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
im pretty sure we landed on the moon.. i mean why would they lie? wuts the point in lying? we did have all the technology to do it. plus theres people in space all the time now a days... even if they didnt land on it back then.. they landed on it today.. still no difference...

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hi, new to posting, 1st one, woo. If there exists a forum for this, i wish to be directed to it because the issue has to have came up. i want to know other people's coping mechanisms for life. Yes it might be a phase, and i may be over thinking it, and it may not need an answer, but an answer does exist( it just varies upon opinion. There and people who cope, choose not to, and those who are religious)

Coping with everything is stressful, i know it's because I acknowledge existence and logic, and believe in the science community (not because I’m told so, but because I CHOOSE to believe "evidence" (I say this to sway any religious opinions - I want to hear from people who are not delusional- Harsh? Maybe. True, depends who you ask.

Giving some background for what i think- I've been reading (Dawkins, Darwin, works of J.D Salinger, and having a brain which i use to what i feel is the best of my ability) - Even acknowledging that there are logical reasons to believe we have answers to life's biggest questions that people have evidence to back with (evolutionary, linguistics, physics, societies, the "selfish gene")
I was also “religious.” As is the case with many “strong atheists”(see wiki). I say this because I have met people who think “Atheism” is a phase. When I heard this, this was of course futile as they wont listen (even if they did listen and acknowledge that my thoughts are correct and they renounce faith, what does it accomplish? It adds to stress. Long ago when understood “Ignorance is Bliss” I ignorantly (maybe evolution

My point is there are answers. That these answers only means something because I think they do (or don’t) is what I see as a “problem.”

Now, I didn’t look around for answers (opinions) on other forums because there is no intellectual barrier to stop the willingly ignorant people post. Even while writing this, the idea that it doesn’t matter if i get an answer crosses my mind, I don't want help (I have that right, I’m not harming (in a legal sense. Otherwise we would be prosecuting people for being religious and passing their false (false in the sense that there is no evidence) ideas anyone with my ideas (unless this knowledge, or things i say, makes people think about this seriously and stresses them out, but this kind of abuse is accepted in our society (USA). I have accepted this OPINION because there is evidence for it, Dawkins explains it very well in The GOD Delusion (though it probably is documented elsewhere), and I believe (like many people who think do- people do not have a right to tell someone to think, it is granted by our constitution.
Dawkins even talks about the taboo of questioning some ones religion. His point being that religion should not be free from critical thinking and we (in a sane world) CAN question religion and base it things we can “prove” (This could spawn an argument that we can’t prove anything, but again, I’m HOPING I get thought out answers (opinions.) Clinical depression is seen as a victim less crime, but as knowledge tends to do, if you think about it, religion CAN BE a very stressful and harmful thing to society (extremist, terrorists, and religious nuts)

I want to stress that thinking is a hobby, and people do it to certain degrees all the time. Though this is stressful to ponder, I like to think that what composes my life is normal, and I am. I have been characterized as funny, epic ( I’m always making up stories for entertainment), smart ( Student In college, Go Bears! –for whatever that’s worth- again it’s opinion. I think knowledge is great, why not know more about everything that is taken for granted? “I don’t know what good it is to know so much and be smart as whips and all if it doesn’t make you happy” (J.D Salinger, Franny and Zooey pg 118) I ask because ppl do think about this, i just want to know (if you do) think about that makes it ok. I've answered this myself as "things are important because we say they are. I just want other opinions.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join