It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Police Offiers shot in Houston

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Apparently, narcotics are a 'no'.

So sad.

I could see doing that for a crime that would lead them to victimize others, but narcotics? Willing participants … victimless crime.

You shouldn't kick down doors for just that, IMHO

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So sad.

I could see doing that for a crime that would lead them to victimize others, but narcotics? Willing participants … victimless crime.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

So sad.

Do you think theft of other's property goes on to pay for drug use.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Those responsible for the injured or dead is on El Chapo's buddies, the Democrats...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

While I don't think our strategy for tackling the problems that arise from drugs and their black market trade is working at all...you can't expect that there will be no consequences for breaking the law. They didn't show up at 4am and no knock barge in. They notified the occupants verbally as well as turning on lights and sirens to ensure it was known they had a warrant and were indeed police. These 2 guys who according to some weren't hurting anyone who didn't want it decided to open fire multiple times on the officers. So you think the guys willing to have a gun fight with cops serving a warrant drew the line at politely selling their heroin.

They would never sell poorly cut drugs which result in over dose deaths...or use violence to ensure they collect what their owed or take over an area or customer base. See that's the thing people who are against the "war on drugs" like to gloss over is that to make it in the black market trade you break a lot more laws than selling the drugs. Making them legal only takes away that venue the people involved will find another market to exploit. They are not going to turn into nice guys and keep politely selling their heroin.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

So sad.

Do you think theft of other's property goes on to pay for drug use.

I bet there are cases where theft of other's property goes on to pay bills. We should outlaw bills!
And food, don't forget to outlaw food

edit on 28-1-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Those responsible for the injured or dead is on El Chapo's buddies, the Democrats...

Oh for crying out loud, how do you know the suspects, I mean the deceased were not white conservative Christians....

Blaming democrats like really

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So sad.

apparently youve never been robbed by an addict...........

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

So sad.

I've been robbed by an addict, he was an alcoholic...

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

So sad.

I've been robbed by an addict, he was an alcoholic...

An addict is an addict............

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Indeed, however cops don't get shot raiding places for alcohol because it's a legal drug, why should government get to dictate which drugs are legal and allowed to be consumed at a private residence .

The war on drugs is a disaster and this tragedy should never have happened.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm thinking there were some poorly implemented arrest tactics involved. Sounds like the cops may have been ambushed as they entered the property. If the bad guys took out almost a third of the arresting squad of 18 someone f'd up. I'm sure we'll learn more soon. I hope the two officers in critical condition make it.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I assume letting the suspects know you're coming in will do it. If they are determined to fight and they have the element of surprise it wouldn't be hard. Not always easy to know when to no knock at 4am or when to storm with swat and flashbacks to take away that element of surprise. I think its sad all the way around but heroin dealers are not typically good people so I sure don't feel bad for them.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Indeed, however cops don't get shot raiding places for alcohol because it's a legal drug, why should government get to dictate which drugs are legal and allowed to be consumed at a private residence .

The war on drugs is a disaster and this tragedy should never have happened.

I dont disagree there, I think people should have the right to make their own decisions about how they "medicate".......

However until that day comes, its still illegal no matter how much we want it to be different........

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
What was the warrant for? I will base that on whether to mourn or not.

Let me guess, if it was a gun siezure warrant then grieving won't be necessary?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Victimless crime? Seriously? Tell that to the knife scar on my leg from the meth-head that decided I'd make a good pin cushion...and started with an Arkansas Toothpick.

edit on 1/29/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Stupid reporters.

One class act announced that the neighbors had tipped the police off to what was happening in that Trap House.
Now, not only 4 cops are shot, but there potentially will be contracts on the people living in the surrounding houses.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I assume poor planning & bad intelligence. It was probably some political hack that ordered them to go without enough information on what they were walking into. Either that or they were tipped off by someone in the department.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Rhogena Nicholas, 58, and Dennis Tuttle, 59, were identified as the two suspects that were killed.

pic.twitter.com...

pic.twitter.com...

abc13.com...

Acevedo said the first officer that went through the door had a shotgun and was immediately charged by a large pit bull.

The officer shot the dog and killed it. At the same time, Tuttle came from around the back and opened fire with a .357 Magnum revolver, hitting the first officer in the shoulder.

That's when Nicholas reached over the officer and started making a move for his shotgun.

Back-up officers fired at Nicholas, hitting her.

Acevedo says the officer who breached the door first is 54 years old. This was the third time in his career that he had been shot.

edit on 1/29/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

maybe you can make a massive assumption out of yourself next time, still bagged you those stars though

see above post

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-1-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join