It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If food stamps run out will there be riots?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: ketsuko

Does she?

www.snopes.com...

From your sourc

It’s true that Pelosi lives (or lived) in Pacific Heights, but we couldn’t find much information about the House Minority Leader’s San Francisco home

lol. What? Snopes the fact checkers can't find much info about Nancy's house? Please... Snopes is the CNN of fact checking.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I got next months food stamps a few days ago. I'm not touching the extra amount until my date in February that I normally get them. I don't plan on going out and buying prime rib and lobster. I'm gonna keep eating the same ol same ol.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: toysforadults
45 million people right, you guys totally under estimate the economy right now we are headed into really dark territory

We had better build a wall to keep those undesirables out, or in, or at least just away...

The vast majority of US citizens already have that.

We call them homes.

If people get desperate enough those homes will not be safe they will be targets.

Not for the homes that believe in gun rights. It will be target practice.

You really haven't thought that through, if targets get picked off the crowd will resort to just burning the house down and stringing any occupants not killed by the fire from the lampposts.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

No. Just a George Carlin Quote. Snowflakes need not apply.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Dry fasting Works for me. People eat too much.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Trump’s GOP is looking to deeply cut food stamps — hitting his voters hard

On the surface, these efforts seem like they will affect Democratic voters the most. The highest rates of food-stamp assistance tend to be in the most Democratic areas. But that’s a superficial reading of the numbers.

Yes, the most Democratic-leaning 20 percent of counties tops the rankings in terms of reliance on food stamps. Fourteen percent of all households got SNAP assistance, based on 2012-16 data. But the most Republican-leaning 20 percent runs a close second at 13.5 percent of households receiving assistance. All groups are adjusted for population so that they're not distorted by the large Republican advantage in thousands of low-population counties.

the party now leans heavily on the support of poor, working-class areas. And many people in those areas? They lean heavily on the support of the federal government.

Yes, there are big problems with food stamps. But Republicans get the solution wrong.

Over the past decade, conservatives have regularly lamented the surge of participation in SNAP following the 2008 financial crisis. The number of people in the program peaked in 2013 at 47.6 million, the highest ever. For those on the right, the trend symbolized President Barack Obama’s expansion of the welfare “hammock.”

Trump Voters Would Be Hit Hardest by GOP’s Food Stamp Work Rules

Never mind that the vast majority of food-stamp recipients have jobs. Or that the number of working SNAP households has risen sharply over the past few decades. Or that only 4 percent of people new to the program stopped working after receiving their benefits.

A Bloomberg analysis shows that 12.9 percent of residents of states that backed Trump in 2016 used food stamps in February, the most recent month for which data are available, compared with 11.4 percent in states won by Democrat Hillary Clinton. That amounts to 23.8 million people in Trump states compared with 16.2 million in Clinton territory.

Food Stamp Use is Highest in Red States: The Truth Republicans Do Not Want You to Know

Charts of food stamp usage show that while a few Democrat led states have high food stamp usage; food stamp usage is highest consistently across Republican states. What does that say about the Republican approach?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

45 million people right, you guys totally under estimate the economy right now we are headed into really dark territory

We had better build a wall to keep those undesirables out, or in, or at least just away...

We call them homes.

If people get desperate enough those homes will not be safe they will be targets.

You really haven't thought that through, if targets get picked off the crowd will resort to just burning the house down and stringing any occupants not killed by the fire from the lampposts.

that really depends on who's in the home and if they intend to scare the mob or simply kill them all

if you forgo trying to be civil the game changes dramatically

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

We call them homes.

that really depends on who's in the home and if they intend to scare the mob or simply kill them all

if you forgo trying to be civil the game changes dramatically

Sure thing, I mean if you can master the zombie hoardes in counter strike it's easy to take down the mob.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Churches and Food Banks will be ready to help. Nobody will go hungry.

oh stop with that

those places to help sure but they run out of food all the time.
at least around here

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Churches and Food Banks will be ready to help. Nobody will go hungry.

People go hungry in this country everyday. Funny you think we dont have starving people in the US,

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: j4ckd4r1pp3r

Your article is 7 years old and its wrong. Currently, the distribution of food stamps is moving into major metropolitan areas. such as new york, Los Angeles, Atlanta and say Miami. The major cities are where food stamps are most widely used and they also tend to be Democratic voters. Which is why Republicans never really concern themselves with food stamps.

Republicans could do well by taking a softer stance and try to help the homeless but business doesnt like that so its unlikely.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
I got a friend who has one of those cards and he told me that he never got a notification. He spent it all thinking it was a "bank error in your favor, collect 200 dollars". I bet many people who weren't notified probably did the same thing and might be hurting come next month depending on how wisely they spent it.

On a side note, that is no excuse to blow it all. Everyone should set aside extra food storage just in case of something like this. Prepping isn't just for "disasters", but setbacks as well.

that attitude of your friend says a lot. they figured it was some sort of error, and so spent the money? what did he expect to happen when the error was discovered? hate to tell them, but they would be facing the exact same thing, no money the next time they expect it, since it would be applied to the "error" of funds already paid out. the government and banks both will force you to pay back any money you have received, even when the fault is completely theirs.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hell yes they will.......they will also riot if McDonalds ever runs out of chicken nuggets.

Wanna see pissed off...
edit on 21-1-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: j4ckd4r1pp3r

This is such a misleading article. Fake news really is the enemy of the people. It extrapolates populations onto how their state voted. That's extremely dishonest. But it gets worse, they then use those misleading statistics to push the boundary of dishonesty further. Where do they admit that 4.5 million food stamps recipients live in CA? Oh, their 4.5 million is just not many because 10% of 40 million is less than 12% of 5 million LMAO.

But on a much higher (and more honest) level, who cares who is on it (dems or reps) shouldn't the goal for those on it to be to get off of it and for those around those using these benefits to help them get off of those benefits?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Zero Hedge is right that when the food runs out the people get violent. That violence isn't so much general rioting though. It's more like French Revolution/kill the royals/eat the rich kind of violence.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
well hopefully the crazies in washington will open the gov't soon...
if not hopefully most of the food stamp recipients will get the message and budget wisely...
if not, well, hopefully everyday americans will have enough sense to know that the food banks and charity organizations will need a little extra boost for while. because if this isn't solved, there will be alot of federal working joining in the lines asking for food, rental assistance, help with their electric bills, ect.
and let's not look at the other end of the spectrum... between not paying the workers, running out of the hud money and food stamps, that's alot of money that's gonna be missing in the economic pipeline. stores, landlords, and even electric companies will be seeing a drop in their revenues. causing them to spend less also.
if the crazies let a stupid disagreement over a wall cause that kind economic turmoil, then they deserve to have the people flock to DC carrying torches and pitchforks!!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If there is no food this could be the spark that starts an American revolt.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

There is plenty of food, its not a food shortage.....it's the fact of having to, you know, spend actual money for it that seems to be the point of contention here.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

There is plenty of food, its not a food shortage.....it's the fact of having to, you know, spend actual money for it that seems to be the point of contention here.

I think there are plenty of folks who cant get decent jobs and more people will be laid off.

Just saying if people cant get decent work and then government assistance is cut that is like lighting a powder keg.

US jobs are going overseas due to corporations wanting to cut corners with rules and regulations and make thngs cheaper.

No work no and no food could make people savage.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well my friend who has them I already am making adjustments to my grocery list so her and her kids can still have enough to eat. can not help rest of the people I know on them .is not to hard to help her like this because I was already doing this before she put in for food stamps. But really Trump needs to tell democraps to get their head out of their butts and open government back up and he needs to send army Corp of engineers and seabed battalions to build the damn wall and use Pentagon slush fund money to do it .that way he does not have to ask Congress to pay for it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join