It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
First off, I want to say that there have been stories of interest that have not been proven wrong. I haven't seen anything that's damning, and I personally hold the opinion of there was a smoking gun Trump would have been removed by now. But the media has been flagrant on running anything they get their hands on.

The most recent was from Buzzfeed, which Mueller said was innacurate.

Glenn Greenwald did a piece today as I predicted Friday ahead of Mueller announcement. I don't call bs on all news critical of Trump, but it's easy to spot a disingenuous one these days.

Glenn also does a list of nine other false stories by various outlets, I will just put the top five to stay within T&C.

1. Donald Trump Jr. Was Offered Advanced Access to the WikiLeaks Email Archive (CNN/MSNBC)

2. Robert Mueller Possesses Internal Emails and Witness Interviews Proving Trump Directed Cohen to Lie to Congress (BuzzFeed)

3. CNN Explicitly Lied About Lanny Davis Being Its Source – For a Story Whose Substance Was Also False: Cohen Would Testify that Trump Knew in Advance About the Trump Tower Meeting (CNN)

4. Paul Manafort Visited Julian Assange Three Times in the Ecuadorian Embassy and Nobody Noticed (Guardian/Luke Harding)

5. Trump Created a Secret Internet Server to Covertly Communicate with a Russian Bank (Slate)
The Intercept

This isn't a gotchya thread to anyone. This is calling out the media for running with things because they are sensational causing distrust in the public. We need to. Hold them to a higher standard.

I'm not even saying the investigation will come out with Trump absolved completely, as we simply don't know.
edit on 20-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

With a 24 hour news cycle sometimes you just don't have enough actual news to report so what's a little fabricating between friends?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

With a 24 hour news cycle sometimes you just don't have enough actual news to report so what's a little fabricating between friends?

It all started after 9/11, if I remember correctly most if not all would do commercials at night... They didn't want to lose the momentum afterwards.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
It all started after 9/11, if I remember correctly most if not all would do commercials at night... They didn't want to lose the momentum afterwards.

The junk they were hawking on those infomercials was more legit than the news.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Back when there wasn't any interactive media Walter Cronkite would give us the news on the boob tube and say "thats the way it is this Sunday January 19th 1968" and there were very few arguments.

Trump warned us that we were being offered "choices" with this presidency.
The Russian election intervention meme is one place to captivate an audience.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The junk they were hawking on those infomercials was more legit than the news.

I mean.... Oxiclean ain't half bad (rip Billy Mays, how I miss waking up startled when I fell asleep on the couch back when commercials were allowed to be louder than the programming).

There are responsible ways to make profit, and they have to many conflicts of interest.

Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grunman commercials have always confused me. Do they think I'm buying anything from them, are they trying to get me to invest, or do they use that to help make sure reporting puts them in a good light?

My guess is the latter.
edit on 20-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: I'm an idiot and misspell.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grunman commercials have always confused me. Do they think I'm buying anything from them...

You don't have a Masonic Chemtrail plane?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The media wouldn't know accountability if came up and mushroom stamped them on the face.

Their target audience doesn't care or refuses to listen when it's pointed out. There's no incentive to report facts or truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grunman commercials have always confused me. Do they think I'm buying anything from them...

You don't have a Masonic Chemtrail plane?

Network dude stole mine.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seems to me there should be a oversight committee to look at complaints about news organizations if it's verified a news story was false then be able to punish the offenders. Say perhaps NBC having to do a prime time apology for misleading the public and then a week of having to broadcast an empty news desk with a card posted on it citing the reason for the dead air.

And loosening up the libel and slander laws so fake news gets expensive to run.

edit on 20-1-2019 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Say perhaps NBC having to do a prime time apology for misleading the public and then a week of having to broadcast an empty news desk with a card posted on it citing the reason for the dead air.

Should the President and the White House be held to same standard?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ntech

Say perhaps NBC having to do a prime time apology for misleading the public and then a week of having to broadcast an empty news desk with a card posted on it citing the reason for the dead air.

Should the President and the White House be held to same standard?

Actually, in this one instance, Trump evoked the "I'm rubber and you are glue" rule early on, and is impervious to any such attacks. Again, I don't make the rules, I just report on them.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So, Trump and the White House can mislead the public with impunity, but if the media does it, they should be punished. Gotcha!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So, Trump and the White House can mislead the public with impunity, but if the media does it, they should be punished. Gotcha!

Politicians and media lie for their own agendas.

It's our duty to fact check people. We all know the world is dishonest.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So you want the media to mislead the public. Gotcha!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Just as long as it fits his agenda.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Look...90% of the U.S. media is against the duly elected President of the United States of America.

By extension, this means 90% of the U.S. media intentionally defames the United States..the very country that enables their continued existence.

Homeland Security and the DOD should classify 90% of the U.S. Media as TRAITORS.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The media profits off of this president, it's a complicated relationship.

The media exists to be critical of the government.... So long as they get their facts straight.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately for America, the U.S. media uses a very low standard for determining if what they learn is a fact, or a fiction.

CNN likely goes back to the same "sources" repeatedly, even after they're fed lies by these sources..and the resultant "news" is proven to be fake.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Fact checking, whether it be the media or the president, isn't the same as punishment.

a reply to: highvein

I'm just calling out the double standard and misplaced outrage.

edit on 20-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join