It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother To See All, Everywhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
(AP) The Pentagon is developing an urban surveillance system that would use computers and thousands of cameras to track, record and analyze the movement of every vehicle in a foreign city.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This has been implemented in the U.S to a limited degree already- sucks knowing you can't scratch your rear end in your own car any more without wondering...

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Cue the twilight zone music and gun-toting rednecks.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
This has been implemented in the U.S to a limited degree already- sucks knowing you can't scratch your rear end in your own car any more without wondering...

LMAO!!!
True True. I just hope that things dont turn out like in the movie Minority Report were you get your retina scanned everywhere you go.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

LMAO!!!
True True. I just hope that things dont turn out like in the movie Minority Report were you get your retina scanned everywhere you go.

Thats in the works Ocelot.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Ocelot

LMAO!!!

Thats in the works Ocelot.

regards
seekerof

No way dude!!!
That would really suck. But I guess it could happen eventually.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This reminds me of something I read a few years ago.
Here is a Link.

This is a good one! That means put it in "Favorites".
Some quotes for those who don't like to read.

"Possible locations to use this technology range from large gathering place such as shopping malls, schools, meeting places, and airports to small stores and banks."

"A passive approach under development by the Lockheed-Martin Corporation would use a millimeter wave (MMW) receiver and a long wave infrared receiver, either individually or together, to measure the difference in temperature between a concealed weapon and an individual s body."

p.s.
Look for this thread in the Gov. Projects forum.

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
George Orwell's book 1984 coming true.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I work at major comm. company (telephone/data) and we use hand biometrics for all sensitive areas.....it doesn't read the palms, it actually scans the topography of the upper portion for reckognition....soon we'll be reduced to licking something for DNA confirmation....

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly, RealFlight.
It's sickening what they do to us. Purely sickening

Did anyone see the CSI episode last night? (7/11/03) A lady crashes her car into the restraunt, right? The people at the Forensics lab know exactly who's sitting at each table, what seat they're sitting at, what they ordered, where they're from, why they're there, and they have a picture of them. It's gross. Don't get me wrong, I know that some technologies are helpful for solving crimes and such. But there is no stopping the government from abusing the technology. If this is such a democratic nation, why can't we have harder laws on the government for disrupting our privacy? Does anyone remember what you had to do through in America when the 9/11 strikes happened? It was disgusting what people were put through- just to get on a frikken plane! And if the government and military can do it, the corperations are gonna get their hands on it...

No hiding...
Big brother is coming...

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Big brother is coming, big brother is coming...

Heeeeeeeeeeelp...

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE....

Big brother has been here for years... you have just come to realise that he is here.... so please stop shouting "he is coming", he's already here dominating your life.

Orwell saw it when he wrote the book... if you open your eyes you too can see what orwell predicted. It is here... and it's here to stay.

Peace,

MrFreeze

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
And he will stay here until we all come together and knock him on his @zz!
But Just watch me do it first, then you can try...

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmm now this is problematic.
*goes to see his jackal suplier*
"I'd like to place an order"
1.New set of finger prints
2.False retina's
3.Jar of someone else's saliva

Phew good job i got that sorted in time

new topics

top topics

join