It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Hired IT Firm to Rig Early CNBC, Drudge Polls to Favor Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow, some people need to step back and use some common sense.

The article said this was before his campaign. Before he went up against 19 Republicans or even knew who they were.
Before downing Hillary. Before the whole crazy 2016 campaign. To think a pre-campaign internet poll influenced even a single vote is lunacy.

He probably used the poll to impress Melania or friends or something.

It's nowhere near a criminal offense.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Trying to manipulate an online meaningless poll...
TREASON, CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS, WWIII, TO THE GALLOWS!

Not really.

Just one more drip of pathetic fail.

Sure, it would be a huge scandal for any President with even a crumb of integrity or credibility left with the public, but now the steady parade of desperate stupid is just good for chuckles.

My advice is for the Right Wing to keep defending him ferociously. Chain yourselves to this ship.

Trust me, the echo chamber bubble here wont pop!

DONALD TRUMP APPROVAL RATING AVERAGE IN FIRST TWO YEARS IS LOWEST FOR ANY PRESIDENT SINCE WORLD WAR II
www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Can any liberal answer this one question...

How did the Russians [or a website poll] cause my wife and I to vote for trump?

-Chris

Sure.

The polls that President Trump worked to rig were used to convince donors to give money when otherwise they would not, aka "See!..Look at this poll, he has a chance!"

That money was used to precisely target specific demographics (your wife) in coordination and collusion with Russian GRU's expansive fake news and propaganda campaign as the President's Campaign Chief secretly flew to Madrid and shared the necessary internal polling data so the Russians knew what and who to campaign to.

Your wife responded like thousands of other Americans. Identity politics? Anger? Emotion? Frustration? Buttons pushed and paid for like a touch screen version of the electoral map.

Polls are what donors look at before they write checks.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Not really.

Sure, it would be a huge scandal for any President with even a crumb of integrity or credibility left with the public, but now the steady parade of desperate stupid is just good for chuckles.

My advice is for the Right Wing to keep defending him ferociously. Chain yourselves to this ship.

DONALD TRUMP APPROVAL RATING AVERAGE IN FIRST TWO YEARS IS LOWEST FOR ANY PRESIDENT SINCE WORLD WAR II
www.newsweek.com...

That must be a fake approval poll otherwise Trump would have rigged it, right? Running around with Wal-Mart bags full of cash rigging a meaningless poll, right?

LOCK HIM UP! SKY IS FALLING!

You guys are getting worse every day. I hope someday all of you look back and see how completely insane this behavior is.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Yeah sure
What a crock
People voted aganst Hillary

Like that old bag could actually get votes
She is walking human refuse
Dems should hsve run anyone else

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Mahogany

In hindsight, was that the only poll that was accurate?

Maybe.

The article says they failed to influence them, even after the attempts, so it remains that it could have been accurate.

An attempt is still conspiracy to commit a crime.

Remember the polls showing Clinton favored to win 97% to Trump's 3% chance?

No.

can you link me to that poll?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Drip.

Or are those right wing tears?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Not really.

www.newsweek.com...

I imagine then when Trump is re-elected you will need to find a concrete wall to bang your head on.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Cohen also asked Gauger to create a Twitter account with the handle @WomenForCohen that would be run by a female friend of Gauger's to portray Cohen as a "sex symbol" and hype his statements in favor of Trump's presidential campaign, the Journal reported.

"Women who love and support Michael Cohen. Strong, pit bull, sex symbol, no nonsense, business oriented, and ready to make a difference!" reads the account profile. The profile was created in May 2016 and remains active with just 527 followers as of Thursday morning.

This dude is a real winner. Does he have any evidence that Trump asked him to do these things?

www.usatoday.com...

No. The Special Counsel does... they raided Cohen's office and took all the evidence. It's in the article.
So in other words, No.

Cohen is a liar, why should we suddenly believe him? Oh, because Orange Man Bad?

Don't buy it.

Evidence.

Testimony alone doesn't convict.

You mean testimony where he got in trouble for lying doesn't count in YOUR opinion. The majority of the rest of the planet will most certainly disagree with YOUR opinion if that is what it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I wonder what's worse, rigging a CNBC poll or rigging the DNC primaries???

Anyone have a thought?

Primaries should be felonious to rig but probably isn't if a Comey or Sessions was in charge. But as for CNBC we have seen lots of evidence the polls used are very skewed and are meaningless EXCEPT for hysterical and later historical purposes like the NYT example we have in this thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
LOOK These guys obviously cheated right from the start. Before they even got on that escalator they were already cheating.
The most disgusting president ever... complete slime.

Yep the Dems and Obama did do that. FISA fraud will be prosecuted when Barr is AG I firmly believe.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you are running a criminal enterprise, your subordinates tend to do as they are told. Because they are dirty too. When caught they lie. When presented with the overwhelming evidence against them they flip. I can’t wait to hear his congressional testimony. I don’t think he will say anything that isn’t true. Mueller knows all. It won’t change one thing in the deplorable camp. Their minds are like a steel trap when it comes to their support for trump.
His support is eroding in the middle. And this will help continent his decline among them. I think the Democrats could run Clint Eastwoods’ empty chair in 2020 and beat trump at the rate he’s going.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Cohen also asked Gauger to create a Twitter account with the handle @WomenForCohen that would be run by a female friend of Gauger's to portray Cohen as a "sex symbol" and hype his statements in favor of Trump's presidential campaign, the Journal reported.

"Women who love and support Michael Cohen. Strong, pit bull, sex symbol, no nonsense, business oriented, and ready to make a difference!" reads the account profile. The profile was created in May 2016 and remains active with just 527 followers as of Thursday morning.

This dude is a real winner. Does he have any evidence that Trump asked him to do these things?

www.usatoday.com...

No. The Special Counsel does... they raided Cohen's office and took all the evidence. It's in the article.
So in other words, No.

Cohen is a liar, why should we suddenly believe him? Oh, because Orange Man Bad?

Don't buy it.

Evidence.

You mean testimony where he got in trouble for lying doesn't count in YOUR opinion. The majority of the rest of the planet will most certainly disagree with YOUR opinion if that is what it is.

They raided Cohen's office and retrieved evidence.

Where the evidence does not support the testimony, or the testimony doesn't support the evidence, there is doubt. Where the evidence supports the testimony, you have grounds to convict.

What you hear on the media, is just talk and could be lies, no matter who says it and which 'side' it favors.

If what is said is supported by evidence, then it is highly likely to be the truth, especially if there is no contradictory evidence.

Cohen is spilling the beans now, because what he said previously was contradicted by the evidence that the prosecution has gathered.

Just because it is on Fox News, does not mean that it will stand up in court where the criterion for determining truth is tougher.

edit on 17/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26

The article said this was before his campaign. Before he went up against 19 Republicans or even knew who they were.
Before downing Hillary. Before the whole crazy 2016 campaign. To think a pre-campaign internet poll influenced even a single vote is lunacy.

It’s called manipulating the news cycle. Those news folks like to run stories about people surging in the polls. The thing I find humorous about this entire thing is. He was telling the deplorables right to their faces that the polls are rigged. I was able to understand exactly what he meant. And as it turns out, I was right.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

It won’t change one thing in the deplorable camp. Their minds are like a steel trap when it comes to their support for trump.
His support is eroding in the middle. And this will help continent his decline among them. I think the Democrats could run Clint Eastwoods’ empty chair in 2020 and beat trump at the rate he’s going.

If Trump is guilty of something large, the only reason I'll care is because Pence is poison, him being president with Bolton makes me nervous.

As for 2020, I'm sure the democrats will plug whichever establishment critter tickles their fancy, which is a damn shame. They should find a charismatic anti-war candidate.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris
This is an Internet poll.

Trump probably wanted to pay 10,000 people 5 bucks each to go vote for him to win some internet poll.

You have done drank ALL the kool-aid, and somehow connect an internet poll to classified voter records that (allegedly) were snuck to Russia, so that incredibly effective Russian propaganda can get the people from the internet poll to vote trump?

Donors don't rely on internet polls to tell them where to cut the check. Part of Trump's appeal is he doesn't need checks from lobbyists anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

So in other words, No.

Don't buy it.

Evidence.

Where the evidence does not support the testimony, or the testimony doesn't support the evidence, there is doubt. Where the evidence supports the testimony, you have grounds to convict.

What you hear on the media, is just talk and could be lies, no matter who says it and which 'side' it favors.

If what is said is supported by evidence, then it is highly likely to be the truth, especially if there is no contradictory evidence.

Cohen is spilling the beans now, because what he said previously was contradicted by the evidence that the prosecution has gathered.

Just because it is on Fox News, does not mean that it will stand up in court where the criterion for determining truth is tougher.

Ok so what FOX or any MSM TV actors say? I skip all TV news and read mine they all lie even the papers but I dont get BODY language and acting from print> Please stop that insult.

The evidence Cohen is presenting is from a statement not a raided data situation. As far as I can tell it was only a statement.

Did he have hard data and photos to prove it? A Pre-election season action that violates not one law. IF so then we have a bunch of polls with issues because hindsight being 20-20 we clearly see 100% proof "cheating occurred" to sway voters for HRC. So this incident is reported after the raid of the liar Lawyer who got his hands caught in the cookie jar and is forced to come clean.

Cohen is rolling for a get out of jail free card. Only an idiot would trust a word he says without moving pictures with good sound.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In hindsight, was that the only poll that was accurate?

Maybe.

The article says they failed to influence them, even after the attempts, so it remains that it could have been accurate.

An attempt is still conspiracy to commit a crime.

so the crime was intending to do something nefarious, but not quite accomplishing it. is that about right?

Intend is such a strong word, I think it's relevancy is important.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26

It’s called manipulating the news cycle. Those news folks like to run stories about people surging in the polls. The thing I find humorous about this entire thing is. He was telling the deplorables right to their faces that the polls are rigged. I was able to understand exactly what he meant. And as it turns out, I was right.

Hillary and the media manipulated every poll except the one that mattered, the actual vote. Hillary was surging in the polls for the entire election, at least that's the story that dominated the news cycle. Is that what you and Trump were right about, the media manipulating every poll to be against him?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

So in other words, No.

Don't buy it.

Evidence.

Ok so what FOX or any MSM TV actors say? I skip all TV news and read mine they all lie even the papers but I dont get BODY language and acting from print> Please stop that insult.

The evidence Cohen is presenting is from a statement not a raided data situation. As far as I can tell it was only a statement.

Did he have hard data and photos to prove it? A Pre-election season action that violates not one law. IF so then we have a bunch of polls with issues because hindsight being 20-20 we clearly see 100% proof "cheating occurred" to sway voters for HRC. So this incident is reported after the raid of the liar Lawyer who got his hands caught in the cookie jar and is forced to come clean.

Cohen is rolling for a get out of jail free card. Only an idiot would trust a word he says without moving pictures with good sound.

There will be an audit trail. The money, even in cash, won't come from nowhere. The guy they paid to do the work also has testimony and there is another audit trail there, too. Not to mention code backups and archives.

It is not, as others on here have suggested, just empty PR. There are legal proceedings happening and, as I said before, testimony alone is insufficient to convict because there is reasonable doubt.

Evidence, multiple confirmatory testimonies and an absence of conflicting narratives are grounds to convict.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join