It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it were the Northern U.S. border?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jaxnmarko

I live in Canada.
So I deal with those french daily.
Trust me... you don't want thousands of drunk french men greasing themselves up with maple syrup and slipping into the USA.
It would be pure pandemonium.
Beaver pelts being sold on every street corner.
Raccoon hats and moose skin moccasins.
Jean-Marc and the boys leering at your women.

Oui-Oui madam!
je m'appelle Jean Marc...Como se va?!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Way off topic, but what's with all the vaping pics/gifs? Lol

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Mobile phone user here. I thought skmeones washing machine caught on fire or something and it was being extinguished.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
Mobile phone user here. I thought skmeones washing machine caught on fire or something and it was being extinguished.

Nah the hard righties have been adding little pics and gifs of people vaping for a couple of months now. I don't get it. Mostly xuenchen and DBCowboy, I think.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'd have no problem with a northern border wall. Whatever helps deter illegal immigration & human trafficking. Landmines will also work, with warning signs of course. Illegal immigration is not fair to legal immigrants or U.S. taxpayers & has nothing to do with racism. Racism is just an insult used by the left when they don't have a valid argument. They'll call people other names as well, when they lose debates. That's how you know you've won the argument. People who use the race card are generally the most racist.
edit on 16-1-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Then it would be a straighter
line.....
edit on 1/16/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Who owns this world?

The animals and plants own this world. Humans are a sick glitch but the peaceful and successful should be first.

Imangine you actually listened at school, knuckled down, did your homework, then went on to do an apprenticeship with less pay for 3 years, then pass your exams and then go on to work for a few years, work your way up through going to work every day and being a good employee, get a pay rise and are made manager one day, You will be able to afford a nice place to live, maybe some holidays and a car or two. You also still work to maintain this. You don't do criminal acts nor are you aggressive.

Then someone who can't be arsed to sit still at school, takes drugs, blames their lack of success on everyone but themselves want the same as you. They start a petition for all other people in the same situation as them, to live in your house, because it is waaaay better than theirs and they want it because they are human too.

You say of course 'no way '. But they don't care, 50 of them and their family come in at night anyway, camp on your carpets, eat your food, use your electricity and water. Meanwhile they not only do that but some of them start to destroy your hard earned stuff and start gangs in your house that make it unsafe for you or anyone in your family to go to the toilet at night. They didn't like their own home but they have now turned your nice home into theirs instead of helping you out, giving you some money, wash up and generally show respect for your hard earned home.

They ask: "who onwns this house, I am a human so I automatically deserve to live as nicely as you, we are all the same".

Your kids are in danger and your house isn't your house any longer, so you decide that enough is enough and you close the door, heavily.
You want to repair what has been destroyed and enjoy what you have worked hard for. Yet they call you racist and bigot for doing so. Despite you saying that you don't mind a housemate if they pay rent and respect your stuff.

No we are not all the same, some humans are better than others, better in the sense of having more drive, be able to resist instant gratification, more trustworthy, cleverer, you name it. We are all different and we make our lives.
I am from a working class background and my parents didn't have much money at all. Yet I myself had the brains, the drive and the determination to go to University. I also have an apprenticeship and I always found jobs because I can be trusted and I was a bloody good employee.

It has nothing to do with others what you do in your life. Same with countries and the people that live in them. If the country is shiet, have a revolution [like the FRench, Romanians, E-Germans and many more did] did], sort your own country out, nothing comes from nothing.

If that's impossible, it is always down to the overall culture and their drive for a better way. The American culture came from Europeans. In EUrope we have a culture of trust and honesty [is everyone trustworthy or honest?- of course not, but the OVERALL culture is based on this principle. In JApan it is a culture based on honour. In Nigeria, the culture is based on bribery and fraud].

We are all different and at the moment around the whole world, cultures are forcefully mixed, which dilutes the better cultures and lowers their standard of living. It wouldn't even be so bad if every guest would adhere to the host cultures so it could only get better. But they don't. Instead of cleaning their own home, they want yours, without any change in their attitude.

I don't think so.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Hecate666 because: clarification and grammar

edit on 16-1-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

That's a fair argument but I would ask you this, who own's this world,

Girls, as established by Beyonce.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I couldn't care less about the color of these illegals. My main concern with the Southern Border is the crime and drugs, etc they bring. I don't see Canadians sneaking into sanctuary cities and raising their flag above ours or showing hate for America. Canadians don't bother me a bit. For that matter, neither do the Mexicans that assimilate to US culture. Nobody talked about needing a wall when they actually came here and got accustomed to American culture. The bad ones weren't enough to cause issue. Once that changed, so did my opinion.

To answer your question, at this point, I don't know how it would look since China tried to use the race card and call Canadians white supremacists. But if they qualify for that by today's standards, I say open the border and let the Candians come and go as they please. Obviously a white supremacist by today's standards is just a white guy (or David Webb) that doesn't agree with liberals.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

someone's got a fetish. most of the clips he uses are of camgirls. more ya know, huh

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If you have been paying any attention to the El Chapo trial you would see that a wall will not make the slightest bit of difference to drug trafficking across the border. The vast majority of trafficking is not simply people walking over the border with it - it is highly organised importation by shipping / plane / container or even modified vehicles at authorised checkpoints.

I honestly can't comment as to the general crime aspect - you may be right that the wall would make a difference there but certainly not in respect to drug trafficking.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your vaping gifs.... They get me every. Single. Time.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Sorry fungi got there before them and it really belong's to them using your criteria.

Been there done that, I spent years in college then got my head staved in by a gang of scum bag's in a random unprovoked attack, long story but due to memory loss and the fact that equation's which were previously automatic and like child's play were now like hieroglyphs to me AND I could not concentrate, had very hard problem's sleeping and still to this day nearly thirty years after the fact often walk into thing's or trip over my own feet (been like that since the attack).
I then spent years working below my qualification's because to be quite frank my mind was no longer working as it should, worked my way up the hard way in industry from worker to cell leader, got sent to Holland to teach when the company opened a new site there and to Japan to bring back a process from there but still could not make head's or tails of my old note's from college so was never able to take up my degree again.

Then due to difficulties with my health and the fact that working was actually painful I took a job in security for a fraction of my previous earning's as I only had to watch CCTV and Patrol shop's as well as catch the odd shop lifter usually druggy's or bored middle class woman whom should have known better but actually from all walk's of life - over all the working class are more honest believe it or not.

Now whatever the reason for his punishment in legend the Greek's described this state of working and realizing you are getting no where in there story of king Sisyphus (Sound's like a venereal infection but it is actually a person from Greek legend).
en.wikipedia.org...

While the bible describes it differently but point's out that even the highest king's of this earth end up in the dust.
And you shall definitely be aware of the famous poem by Shelley Ozymandias possible based on the real Egyptian king Ramases.

Myself I believe this is a transitory world for our soul's and a place of testing and growth but as for organic matter and life among the simple life forms Fungi but you know Bacteria outnumber even fungi astronomically then you have the bacteriophage and the virus of all manner that probably equally astronomically outnumber the bacteria themselves.

edit on 16-1-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Quite possibly at least in the way that matters.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
People pouring across the border illegally. Demands for a Wall. Accusations of Racism because of a desire to protect our own borders from illegal crossings. WHAT IF.... it were people pouring across the Northern border illegally. White people, maybe they speak French instead of Spanish. Is it racist to want to protect our own borders regardless of where the crossers come from? Would there be accusations then? Why can't Americans be allowed to protect our borders where and when we want without being "Racist"? That makes us too easy of targets, as though standing up for our laws was wrong, as though our tax dollars going to school, house, offer healthcare, and allow to get drivers licenses, even vote now in some areas, these people that are purposely flaunting our laws for whatever reason they may have. I can sympathize, but we offer legal ways to come here, and coming here illegally is a slap in the face of those that do come here legally, on top of the rest of us. Yeah, right now it is the Southern border, but is that the point?

actually this is not at all as far fetched as you would think. i know you are trying to make a point about how people would feel if it were Canadians illegally immigrating en masse. but the thing is it is really happening. Canadians have started to talk about demanding a wall. because of people pouring across the border illegally (from the US). and they ARE being called racists by liberals, especially the liberal Prime Minister and his party that are the supposed representatives of Canada. and many people have also been calling for a Canadian version of Trump to do as Trump is trying to do in the US. that is to deal with the damage Trudeau is doing too Canada, much as people are wanting Trump to fix the damage done by Obama. and to kill the Paris climate deal that is hurting Canada, much as Trump wisely walked away from it. and to deal with the insanity of allowing illegal aliens into the country and providing food, shelter, medical care ect on the backs of Canadian healthcare. as well as to slow down the flood of too many refugees and providing the same. Canada is even paying hotels to put up refugees and illegal immigrants, while ignoring the needs of actual Canadians. Canadian veterans begged for help, only to be told "there is not enough money". while at the same time they allowing illegals and refugees to flood into the country and giving them everything for free, much more than real Canadians can even get.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I think a more apt what if scenario is what if the South was allowed to secede from the Union in 1860 and successfully became their own country? And fast forward to present day and that southern state wasn't as well-off as their Union neighbors. So many of those people from that struggling southern nation began illegally migrating to the Union in droves. Except many of these people, just as today with the south, tended to be conservative and vote for the Republican party.

Now ask yourself, which party do you think would be against these immigrants illegally coming into the union and which party do you suppose would be against it?

That is what this is all about. Nothing more, nothing less. One political party feverishly trying to grab power and another desperately trying to hold onto power.

And Joe Blow citizen is in favor of whatever he thinks gives their side more control. Yay team! Go Politics!!

The South wasn't impoverished though. Their main producing crop was grown, while the North didn't grow crops. Lincoln's main beef with the South for leaving was because of their revenue made off their crops.

What I would love to see is one side of the country be controlled by whatever the liberals want to control and run their government how they see fit, while the other side runs the country with Conservative policies. I'd like to see how long a liberal government can survive on its own without Republicans and middle class tax paying Patriots. Sure we wouldn't get Google and Amazon or Facebook and Twitter, but that would be a breath of fresh air. At least our youth would find out how to be social face to face.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Even though you are creating a disingenuos straw man argument I will respond. This is an issue of sovereignty. No borders equals no country. I would expect anyone coming to our country to respect it enough to follow the rule of law.

That, right there, is what it all boils down to. Without being able to disrespect our laws, I would assume that many of these Southern Border illegals wouldn't bother coming here.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh no seeking a better life in America!

Isn't that the whole point of the romantic idea of America?

Anyways, although the numbers from the southern boarder are rather high, it's at least understandable as to why.
But most illegals aren't coming from the southern boarder at all, they are from other places including Canada.

LINK

How many of those illegals cause issues and commit crimes and disrespect this country?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

If it was the northen border we would temporarily shut down all the bowling alleys and ban beer sales so they would go back home on their own volition.

All you would have to do is criminalize hockey... and Rush.

Although, to be fair maybe Rush should be illegalizd.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
We get a lot of invaders from Canada. People come from all around the world to Canada to try and enter the United States illegally. In Michigan we have the busiest border crossing with Canada in the country. We have border patrol all over the place including the coast guard. We have cameras all up and down our water ways. I've been fishing on the great lakes for 35 years. I see the border patrol every time I'm out. If I accidentally cross into Canadian waters chances are I'm going to have to explain myself. But I don't do it because I don't want the hassle. I stay away from crossing into Canada. Most of us know better. They've caught Chinese people running across the Detroit river in the winter in sub zero temps with no shoes and no coats. Smugglers pull up to the river in a car and say there's America go for it. The great lakes coastline is larger then the east coast and west coat of America combined. The Canadian border is massive. There's no way you're going to wall off
Mexico let alone Canada. A lot of people in Michigan came from Canada illegally. All this talk of a wall with Mexico is nothing but Trump trying to rally his moron followers.

*than
*coast (although I can understand a missed letter)

Was Obama trying to rally his moron followers when he was all for a wall? How about the other democrats that were all for a wall until Trump was for one?

Think about what you say before you say it because the psychological projection the left releases every single day is always in regards something they've done, a way they've acted, or something they were in full support of before and/or after 2015. Your double standards, hypocrisy, and foolishness piles up more and more every day. Hopefully you're not under the impression that normal American people agree with you or that you'll change their minds with your grade school childish name calling and rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join