It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom sees dead sons image on Nest Camera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

One of the daughters states on her Facebook page that they got the security system AFTER he died.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

agreed. Only logical explanation for it.

Just hope the mother can deal with it when it comes to light.
Nothing worse than having your hopes built up to just have them torn away.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: humanoidlord

So we have to believe in the conclusions of Vallee and Keel, because they have a "non-clouded" mind and know the truth? I got news for you pal...NO ONE knows the truth. For you to make this conclusion is the very definition of idiocy. Stick to what you do best...posting threads on old UFO/Alien stories, complete with your bad grammar.

I'd rather read his bad grammar than your pig headed posts anyday.
What a horrible reply you posted to humanoid lord's post. You should re-read it, nowhere did he state we have to do anything.

And his threads are very interesting bad grammar and all.

Your post is the definition of rudeness, pig-headed-ness and horrible

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I don't think the family should do this because they miss him. But consider the benefits. It would change the world if they could prove that there is life after death. I think it would comfort many people, it would make people less afraid and less spiteful. And it'd be heroic to willingly take on the karmic load for that. EDIT: Also, organized religion might loose some power if ghosts were proven.

Well I get that it's problematic, if the spirit is suffering. I can see what you mean. Maybe if they'd prepare a way to help him move on easily, afterwards?

Also, if his soul has left and his energy remains, is he experiencing both moving on and staying at the same time? It don't know if keeping him here would be hugely harmful if his soul is already taken care of.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

butthurt, much?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

Sad if true as never crossing paths with my loved ones again is almost as scary as the thought of nothingness, unfortunately reincarnation and the erasure of the memory's of my loved ones doesn't seem like a much better alternative.

I dont see how anyone could like this thought.

It's sad only with limited awereness, i.e when you're identified with the physical body. Family ties are strict biological in nature(i.e male, female, dad, mom, has everything to do with reproduction or biological nature). Once you get to that which is referred to as ''Spiritual'', then biological identificaion is no longer relevant. The thing with thought, or the intellect is that it can never know something which it doesn't already have access to, in other words, it's a recycle of old data stored in the memory, that's why the intellect without the necessary supporting ''new'' experience is not going to be helpful or in fact learn anything truthful about life, the intellect is for most human beings a bundle of psychological drama ever repeating itself, creating a very distorted picture of reality. The root of the suffering is there, not in the perceived threats. The worst enemy is within ourselves, each day inflicting more pain than any perceived enemy on the outside ever could, poisoning the whole system with volleys of emotional sharp projectiles.

The spiritual is freedom from this bondage, it's only on that level where you can merge with everything else, in fact the word ''Yoga'', means union. It's essentially beautiful and a state of bliss, unfortunately for most people on the planet their thought and emotions is a cause of suffering for them, that's because they're trying to understand all aspects of their life through it, which is never going to work, as the intelligence behind life is far beyond the levels of the human intellect and must be merged with in order to be correctly understood.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Omnik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
She was paying for video services. She stopped paying for it. Meaning there was old videos on the server and through a computer error an old video was treated as a new one. I had a similar experience it pulled an old video and showed me my mother came to the door. I called her and she said she hadn't been by at all. Turned out the video was from a year earlier. She visited for Chrismas the year before I suspect the system they use looks at the month and the day but not the year.

can anyone else verify that this happens often with video services? I don't use nest cam commonly and this does sound like a logical explanation.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceMonkeeys

One of the daughters states on her Facebook page that they got the security system AFTER he died.

if this is true. the video service theory is out. there is obviously something standing there and the photo doesn't look photo-shopped, but then i'm not a total graphic design expert. If you notice where the light source is and the way the shadow is cast onto the cabinet. its very grainy. but i see the shadow on the cabinet and that there is an obvious light source. It looks like its correctly bouncing off of it. I took some college courses on ambient lighting on environments, for video game programming. It looks sorta credible. I just don't like the fact that it is another grainy ghost pic. Nor the fact if this was a nest cam video, why not release the entire clip or unedited video. Trying to make a claim that this is a dead person here is already wild, i think it might be warranted to show the public the entire video so they can get better evidence. And if the mom or the family gives a BS reason like we don't want to disrespect his memory or because backslash from social media. What you expect when you thought about posting this on your fb?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

I've seen reflections from inside my house on my outside cameras after dark I noticed it when I saw someone walking outside but no one was there , After reviewing the recording I figured out it was my son walking through my game room . Not sure how the outside camera picked up some reflection from inside the house though . Maybe something to do with the IR?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
what i love about the ATS community is that we are open minded but logical. We don't like to be fooled but we will always seek the truth. Over the years, I seen many ghost video, ghost pics, ghost evp, ghost stories, etc. ATS community members are made of scientist, graphic designers, video editors, lighting experts, psychologist, engineers, pretty much all damn walks of life. Experts even. People on this site have debunked like 95 percent of the BS that comes thru this forum. The famous RAND challenge has NEVER been won. But many ATS members keep an open mind but not a foolish heart. We don't get tricked that easily, we are not gullible. we will question your claims, pick at your evidence, if you don't like it. too bad. That's our right.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: Nemox42

I've seen reflections from inside my house on my outside cameras after dark I noticed it when I saw someone walking outside but no one was there , After reviewing the recording I figured out it was my son walking through my game room . Not sure how the outside camera picked up some reflection from inside the house though . Maybe something to do with the IR?

From what I remember about IR in science class. It is used to track distance and motion. The Wii console uses IR bar to track your game movements. IR is used in fighter jets to lock onto a enemy fighter jet and fire a SAS missile at it. So it can track movement and gauge distance. But your claim is that the camera picked up movement from a reflection of your son walking in your home. I'm not sure how sensitive IR can be, can it pick up and detect reflected light? That might be a question some experts on the forum can explain. I wannna know now too.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
I believe in, and have experienced the paranormal.

But in cases like this, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. For what it's worth, with the countless hours of paranormal investigations on various TV shows, no one has captured anything on camera close to this. Since most/all para TV shows are likely fake, or mostly fake, take that with a grain of salt, but still..the few that actually do proper investigations would make a big deal out of catching something like this. No one has even tried to fake something like this because it would likely fall apart under scrutiny.

I've probably been on 50 or so investigations, and aside from some EVP's, have never captured (or seen) an full apparition. Several times when there was other activity happening at the same time I did get a few quick 'sparks' (for lack of a better word), but that's it.

I work for a company that has a division that supports Nest, and AFAIK Nest is strictly video, no still photos, at least in my area. So that's suspicious.

Typically folks who may have captured something will look up a paranormal group or something similar, and not go to the media. In part because they don't want to be seen as crazy, and because they are looking for real answers.

This appears to be a case of wanting media attention, and perhaps even set up by the family for that reason, maybe sympathy, whatever.

Lots of valid points on both sides. The family obviously believes this is real. But does the rest of the logical world?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't think we will ever see the video, folks... I was just looking at the mom's facebook, and buried in the comments there was this exchange:

(name deleted by me) Did you ever get the video??

Jennifer Bryant Hodge - I was not subscribed to the video history. Called, begged, cried etc. and they said there was nothing they could do. I now have full service with Nest......heartbreaking not to have the 19 seconds , I could have had !!!!

(name deleted by me)I thought I saw, on another thread, that someone was going to help you get the video?

Jennifer Bryant Hodge He tried...no luck

This exchange happened 6 days ago.

Ms Hodge made an update to her page 3 hours ago that included the following message:

PS.... God shows up and shows off in my life a lot , and “God’s Got This”. As for the email sent to me by Nest, that was real. The only one profiting from this is Nest, they owe me a dinner, lol. If you want to help me, help others please go to www.realty4rehab.org and make a donation. My phone rings daily from parents that are begging for help. Together - we can make a difference!

Anyway... I don't "do" facebook so I had to log on with my husband's account to see this.
I figured there are other non-facebook users here that might like to see some updates/info she had posted on her page.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I bet he'll be back.
I'd put up more cameras throughout the house.

The absolute best part of the story. The mom only got his image as you posted, as she didn't sign up for/pay for the video portion.
Someone from the company Nest saw her comments and they are getting her the actual video footage..
Is that not incredible!!!

That's really cool of them. Also, great thread!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I don't think we will ever see the video, folks... I was just looking at the mom's facebook, and buried in the comments there was this exchange:

Jennifer Bryant Hodge - I was not subscribed to the video history. Called, begged, cried etc. and they said there was nothing they could do. I now have full service with Nest......heartbreaking not to have the 19 seconds , I could have had !!!!

(name deleted by me)I thought I saw, on another thread, that someone was going to help you get the video?

Ms Hodge made an update to her page 3 hours ago that included the following message:

PS.... God shows up and shows off in my life a lot , and “God’s Got This”. As for the email sent to me by Nest, that was real. The only one profiting from this is Nest, they owe me a dinner, lol. If you want to help me, help others please go to www.realty4rehab.org and make a donation. My phone rings daily from parents that are begging for help. Together - we can make a difference!

Anyway... I don't "do" facebook so I had to log on with my husband's account to see this.
I figured there are other non-facebook users here that might like to see some updates/info she had posted on her page.

well that sucks, so there no video. I'm about to chalk this up to another story of the unbelievable. a still image from a grainy video isn't going to prove much except someone who may have looked like her son was in the kitchen at that time stamp. Hell even big foot got a video of him crossing a stream. The chances of big foot being real is more believable than the amount of evidence with this case. I do want to keep an open mind, but without more proof this will just fade into another internet urban legend.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valentinus

I bet he'll be back.

The absolute best part of the story. The mom only got his image as you posted, as she didn't sign up for/pay for the video portion.
Someone from the company Nest saw her comments and they are getting her the actual video footage..

If they are able to do it and release it with their consent that would be pretty amazing. So far I don't have any reason to doubt her side of the story, obviously something is there in the nest cam, and obviously these people aren't trying to make a buck of this (yet). So I have no reason to believe any of this might be faked by them. Then again you never know. People who seem sane do the craziest things for the craziest reasons sometimes.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
My bet is it was delayed, daughter probably went to the kitchen and she received the text 2min later.
Could even be a glitch where the camera's wifi connection was down and when it came back on it uploaded a pic it took a while ago.

I'm a skeptic.
So my thinking is we'll need to exhaust every possible explanation before we can call this a ghost...
Just jumping straight to 'that's my dead son / brother' makes me think they're seeing what they would like to see and so are a lot of members on ATS.

I could be wrong, maybe spirits exist and it's her dead son. But I doubt it.

I can vouch for security cameras being buggy and poor framerate. My father was walking back to the house after getting the mail with the dog and half-way completely vanished within 1 second and didn't re-appear despite the rest of the scenery moving from the breeze. I showed him the video to see if he did anything that might've caused it, he laughed and said, "No, wish I could. That's a neat trick." I do not own video editing software or have skills to do this. Here's the upload:

Another possibility, perhaps the family was meant to see their departed loved one and no one else was meant to believe it. It reminds me of an article where a teen was surprised to find his father's 'ghost' on an X-Box racing game. Maybe there are recordings and playings going on like this in real life as well: Son Races Deceased Father's Ghost In X-Box Racer
edit on 17-1-2019 by saint4God because: Grammar, clarity, added video & article

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

So the video company isn't releasing the video to the family?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nemox42

I bet he'll be back.

If they are able to do it and release it with their consent that would be pretty amazing. So far I don't have any reason to doubt her side of the story, obviously something is there in the nest cam, and obviously these people aren't trying to make a buck of this (yet). So I have no reason to believe any of this might be faked by them. Then again you never know. People who seem sane do the craziest things for the craziest reasons sometimes.

The photo and story certainly are compelling.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The photo and story certainly are compelling.

I suppose so. Except in Shakespeare, I've never really heard of a ghost saying or doing anything all that compelling.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join