It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom sees dead sons image on Nest Camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sorry, but this is definitely fake.

She received a notification of an individual in the entryway, yet the photo is taken of the kitchen, from a camera on the kitchen counter.

Not necessarily true.. i own multiple Nest cameras and had them setup in one house, where each room was labeled correctly, but when I moved to my new place of residence, I never reset the camera names, but they still operated and worked. so when my kitchen camera became my family room camera after moving, i never changed the camera names on my app and when id receive notifications from various cameras, they'd be labeled as my previous residence locations.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

She received a notification of an individual in the entryway, yet the photo is taken of the kitchen, from a camera on the kitchen counter.

Also, in this article in two different places, it mentions that the mom has "the video" of the experience. Why doesn't she post the video instead of one photo?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

You have a nest camera sitting on your kitchen counter?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monsieur Neary

Why doesn't she post the video instead of one photo?

You and I both know very well why she wont, maybe Miss Cleo can explain why to all the "believers"
edit on 16-1-2019 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You and I both know very well why she wont, maybe Miss Cleo can explain why to all the "believers"

Well, as a previous poster mentioned, she didn't sign up for the video portion, but the service is going to send it to her (evidently this is mentioned in one of the hundreds of comments on her FB page). So maybe when the article I linked to mentioned "video", maybe they either meant she had a "photo", or was *getting* the video.
edit on 16-1-2019 by Monsieur Neary because: missing word

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

If you look at the uncropped picture at the link the camera is clearly pointing at a door.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Company name (Nest) all over this thread. Company being soooo nice (offering video). I can't be the first thinking this smells of viral marketing!? I absolutely don't exclude the ghost explanation but in terms of probability I'd say 90% marketing, 10% ghost.

edit on 16-1-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

If you look at the uncropped picture at the link the camera is clearly pointing at a door.

I don't think we are looking at the same picture if you see a door, could you post that pic here?

right click pic>save as>jpg file>myats>upload>copy/paste

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I don't think we are looking at the same picture if you see a door, could you post that pic here?

right click pic>save as>jpg file>myats>upload>copy/paste

Left click ops link-- look at uncropped pic

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Would it hurt to keep him tethered for a while? I mean, the footage would be worth it. Is there a way to bind him tighter to this world?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Ahh you got me, there clearly are cabinet doors in the photo.

I'm assuming that's the door you're talking about, because there aren't any others.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It's a fugazi

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I never knew what a nest camera was till this OP
.... Hmm

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Ahh you got me, there clearly are cabinet doors in the photo.

I'm assuming that's the door you're talking about, because there aren't any others.

To be fair, you must not be looking at the correct pic. There is clearly an outside (framed-glass) door about 6 feet in front of him in the uncropped pic -- about 2/3 from the left. In the OP link, there is a cluster of 3 images beneath her comment. It is the lower left one.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Looks more like a girl with ponytail in a night dress.

Daughter?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
When I let go of a logical thinking this gives me the heebie-geebies!

I’m not an expert on technology by any stretch. Nor am I an expert on ghostly affairs. But assuming this story is real, because there’s no real evidence to suggest it’s a marketing campaign (though a damn good one if it is), this is a great opportunity to dissect a possible spirit/ghost captured on film.

I don’t know what ghosts truly are but if I had to define their presence it would be that they are an embodiment of memories from the past that somehow got copied into the real world. Maybe memories from a traumatic experience, maybe memories from how they most interacted with the physical world before their death. I’m personally not sold on the notion that they are of a conscious mind performing random tasks on their own.

I also believe some people have a better connection with the spirit world than others. Perhaps there’s a degree of sensitivity that’s higher with some more than others. In a way, like how some animals have a higher sensitivity to predicting certain events (earthquakes, for example) than others. It’s easy to discard what people of a high sensitivity to the spirit world have to say when your sensitivity to it is low and you just don’t experience it at the same level.

In this case, all of that is removed. The subject was captured on a very common indoor security camera. If and when the video actually comes out, we can break it down some more. But to me, it seems authentic enough. Until there’s more evidence one way or the other I have no reason to not believe this woman’s story. I hope it brings her peace of mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Here is a screen shot of the uncropped photo... I'm glad a few of you noticed this because I missed it too.

You can indeed see what appears to be a front door.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Probably a friend grabbed an image and ran it through some Paint program to make her feel more at ease. I couldn't imagine your clothes and beard style going with your spirit when you died. What if he decided he wanted something other than a duchebag beard for all of eternity? Does he go to a ghost barber? What about the clothes...do they have a spirit too? I would think a real spirit would just be all energy. Also, everything around him is blurred like the image, but the further you get away from him, the background images begin to get clearer. This wreaks of an overlay image that has had some transparent filtering done.
edit on 16-1-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here is another Article link that includes the screenshots from the mother's Facebook page.

You will see that the close up is cropped from the original picture. The original extends panoramically and shows a hall/nook area and glass door that appears to exit outdoors. Also, she includes a pic of her son before he died in 2016. It is an uncanny resemblance to the apparition captured on film.

Fascinating. Sometimes I have wondered if ghosts are simply time paths crossing. Somehow, the past blends into present or future or vice versus? Thus the transparency effect in our perceived reality? Thus, why ghosts more often are seen simply doing mundane daily activities as in this pic.

Edit add: oops...page 2 posters already shared.
edit on 1 16 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 16 2019 by CynConcepts because: Clarification.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Did one reporter get it wrong? Here's another article which also quotes her directly

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'It looked just like him': Mother, 57, is shocked when her kitchen security camera captures the 'ghost of her son' who died two years ago

She said: 'It's just insane - I'm blown away. It's just crazy. 'I was laying in bed watching TV with my daughter and I was just about asleep. 'The phone was lay between us and I got this message notification saying someone was in the kitchen.'She was like 'Mum, there's a person in the kitchen... Mum, that's Robbie! I was stunned.'

'And it did look just like him - beard and all.'

Mother and daughter rushed into the kitchen terrified by the unusual sighting but found no evidence of a break-in and there have been no other sightings since.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join