It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom sees dead sons image on Nest Camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hmmmm modern day technology and that’s as good of a pic we can get? No doubt this is fake. I looked on their website and their images are much better than this one, of course the one that was able to capture a ghost is the one with a photo that looks like it came out of the fifties.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Fascinating, I'm usually skeptical about things like this but the fact that it automatically captured the image/video, uploaded it and sent an alert to the homeowner makes it incredibly intriguing!

Wow!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My first thought was someone took a photo and filtered the hell out of it.

I know to some of you that seems incredulous. I don't bother with questions like "What would she have to gain by this" because I see people making decisions daily that run counter to their interests.

While I agree this image is compelling----to me the first thought is well technology is getting better. I've seen so many "proofs" of ghosts or spirits over the years and not a single one of them was actually legit.

And the things is---I've felt "death" before. My sister and I were walking around a house my parents were looking at that was built in the early 1900's and it creeped me out. My sister in a room asked if anyone had died in the house and the realtor said Yes, in fact in this room.

Was the realtor having a bit of fun at her expense? Maybe. Times were different back then. Was it a ghost? Or was it the understanding by both of us that if a house was almost a hundred years old people had to have died in the house?

So while I am not a true skeptic----this too easily could be described as a camera filter.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My bet is it was delayed, daughter probably went to the kitchen and she received the text 2min later.
Could even be a glitch where the camera's wifi connection was down and when it came back on it uploaded a pic it took a while ago.

I'm a skeptic.
So my thinking is we'll need to exhaust every possible explanation before we can call this a ghost...
Just jumping straight to 'that's my dead son / brother' makes me think they're seeing what they would like to see and so are a lot of members on ATS.

I could be wrong, maybe spirits exist and it's her dead son. But I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Ummm, sorry, but I don't think any friend would pull a prank like that "to make her feel more at ease." IMO, that would be a very cruel joke and deserving of a smack to the face.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I was an unbeliever too, until I saw the image of my dead grandmother hovering in front of my bedroom window, as I was laying in bed, ready to get up for work, back in the early 80's.

My grandmother had passed when I was in middle school and I often wished I had visited her more while growing up. She was a Sicilian, spoke broken English and lived in a rough section of the city, which was probably the reason why my parents rarely brought my sister and I to visit. When she died from breast cancer, I was very sad and was disappointed that may parents didn't bring me to her funeral.

I was in my late teen's, still living at home and working two jobs. I had just gotten up to go to the bathroom, at around 7 AM and decided to lay down for a few minutes, before getting up to make breakfast. Out of nowhere, the room suddenly got cold and I sensed that something was in my room, which made me deathly afraid to open my eyes. When I did open them, my grandmother was hovering at the foot of my bed, wearing the same shawl she wore in life. Her hair was always kept in a bun while she was alive, but her hair was down and seemed to be flowing behind her, like there was a breeze. The light shining through my window, went right through her. I remember her looking very peaceful and smiling at me. To this day, I believe that in those few seconds, she appeared to let me know that she was happy and OK. What an awesome gift and display of love, knowing that a family member "crossed over" to give you a sign that our journey continues after you die.

I can't wait to embrace my grandmother once again and firmly believe I will.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
looks nothing like him
its time to take the emotion out of the paranormal and take a look at the cold hard truth:
GHOSTS AREN'T THE SOUL OF THE DEAD, JUST LIKE UFOS ARENT ET VEHICLES AND BIGFOOT ISN'T A FLESH AND BLOOD ANIMAL
in fact if you study the paranormal with a non-clouded mind you will reach the same conclusion as vallee and keel:
we are dealing with different manifestations of the same entity

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: jhn7537

You have a nest camera sitting on your kitchen counter?

Yup, i have cameras everywhere around my house, practically every room has one.. I like to keep an eye on my place when im away... Seattle has lots of homeless, and they've tried to break into my house before. I also have a dog and like to keep a eye on him and talk to him through Nest camera when i need to

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Fascinating. Sometimes I have wondered if ghosts are simply time paths crossing. Somehow, the past blends into present or future or vice versus? Thus the transparency effect in our perceived reality? Thus, why ghosts more often are seen simply doing mundane daily activities as in this pic.

Edit add: oops...page 2 posters already shared.

Interesting observation and I suppose totally plausible. I always thought that if reincarnation was true, then is it possible to reincarnate into different timelines? For instance, born in 1969, die in 2010 and be reincarnated back in 1925. Just in time for a WWII adventure..

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I agree with this. It's cool to think that a Nest caught a ghost on camera. I wouldn't have even thought that ghosts would trigger the motion detection sensor. If they do, I would imagine that there must be thousands of other cases like this. People seem to like the idea of this being real, and I don't fault them for that.

But this is ATS, and if you hop over to most threads about a blurry picture (of a UFO, Bigfoot, mysterious trail cam image, alien outpost on the moon) there is a lot of skepticism. People jump in to try to analyze the photo/video, they offer evidence to support their opinions, and we discuss the possibilities. Does it look like a hoax, where are the other pictures, where is the video, does the photo look edited, does the video suspiciously end, could it be a reflection, is it actually a balloon, is there a motive for someone to drive a lot of traffic to their site, etc.

Maybe this is proof of something paranormal, but in my opinion we have a long way to go before we get there.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

So we have to believe in the conclusions of Vallee and Keel, because they have a "non-clouded" mind and know the truth? I got news for you pal...NO ONE knows the truth. For you to make this conclusion is the very definition of idiocy. Stick to what you do best...posting threads on old UFO/Alien stories, complete with your bad grammar.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
a reply to: JAGStorm

Company name (Nest) all over this thread. Company being soooo nice (offering video). I can't be the first thinking this smells of viral marketing!? I absolutely don't exclude the ghost explanation but in terms of probability I'd say 90% marketing, 10% ghost.

I am the one that put Nest in the thread. This mom posted the screenshot on Facebook. There were hundreds of comments. Many people asked her if she had the video. She said no, and that she regretted she didn't get it as part of their package.
It was asked many times in the comments. Finally, in one of the comments a person says they work for nest, and they keep the videos and may be able to help her. I truly do not believe that marketing was involved in this in any way shape or form. You can believe what you will regarding its authenticity, but to say it is marketing is not correct. I, the OP am the one that put Nest in the conversation & headline because I thought it was so amazing. I am in no way connected with nest either.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Interesting. However, the connection with another human being is only physical and emotional, that's the only thing you know about them. Neither physical or emotional has anything to do with the ''spiritual'' which is beyond normal human perception, once gone from here there are no more family ties. This could be perceived as a sad thing however this saddness is only due to a limited understanding and identification with life, i.e. the temporal human bodily existance which is really a food-body acquired over a period of time.

What follows death is far more important than being limited and constrained by human emotions(with all respect), this can only be understood by one who has developed an eye for it(''Buddha'') as standard human perception through the five sense organs is insufficient to acquire the necessary knowledge. The same was taught by Jesus when he explained the second birth, the second birth is spiritual realization and not the corrupted/erroneous religious interpretation for the masses.

Half the world believes in ghosts, the other half disbeliefs the same, neither of the two groups knows anything real about it as it has not yet entered their own life experience.

The truth is, everyone and their pet dog/cat becomes a ''Ghost'' upon death(not just human beings), they can sometimes be felt or even for a short while be seen by people receptive to it(typically emotionally sensitive beloved ones), however a ''Ghost'' is something far different than what most people typically imagine it to be.

A ghost is a residual of the tendencies the person had in life( i.e ''karmic body''), it's not actually aware like we are right now and ''they'' can't see us at all( it can be compared to dream consciousness), ''ghosts'' only recognize the energetic pattern which emanates from the ''egg'' or the aura around a person which they may be pulled towards due to again, tendencies. Once gone from here the distinctive intelligence of the intellect is also gone and awareness operates out of tendencies, accordingly, the same tendencies will look for a a new womb where these tendencies can find fulfillment again, that's why it so important to establish healthy tendencies in life and seek for spiritual knowledge or rather, better understanding of life(which is the same).
Otherwise, according to tendencies it can be a pleasent or unpleasant in the inter-between(this is what is referred to as ''Heaven'' or ''hell'' by everyone who has experienced it). Thus all spiritual enlightened masters who has walked upon this world has always taught the common man the importance of living a morally correct life and the need for empathy, not because God or whatever you believe in will be offended, because otherwise you will suffer(it's about you, not a higher being or a creator). Existance is very fair in this sense and none is spared, if we do things right, then right things will happen to us. If we do things wrong, then wrong things will happen to us, it's like gravity, it doesn't matter if you pray to God or act like a heathen, gravity still applies to both. Because these ''tendencies'' are gathered over lifetimes, not just a single life. Limited awereness however makes us believe we are being treated unfairly when terrible things happen, maturity makes us realize that everything has a consequence, and these consequences are not gathered from a single lifetime, as life truly never ends but moves from one existance to the next, from one to another, there is no death except as a fictitious concept in the mind of those with limited awareness.

edit on 16-1-2019 by Omnik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Weagle

I agree with this. It's cool to think that a Nest caught a ghost on camera. I wouldn't have even thought that ghosts would trigger the motion detection sensor. If they do, I would imagine that there must be thousands of other cases like this. People seem to like the idea of this being real, and I don't fault them for that.

But this is ATS, and if you hop over to most threads about a blurry picture (of a UFO, Bigfoot, mysterious trail cam image, alien outpost on the moon) there is a lot of skepticism. People jump in to try to analyze the photo/video, they offer evidence to support their opinions, and we discuss the possibilities. Does it look like a hoax, where are the other pictures, where is the video, does the photo look edited, does the video suspiciously end, could it be a reflection, is it actually a balloon, is there a motive for someone to drive a lot of traffic to their site, etc.

Maybe this is proof of something paranormal, but in my opinion we have a long way to go before we get there.

If you go to the link I provided in the OP. The second photo is part of her original facebook post.
In the comments section of that post, there are dozens of other accounts of people experiencing exactly what you are talking about. Security Cameras capturing orbs and other spirits.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Weagle

But this is ATS, and if you hop over to most threads about a blurry picture (of a UFO, Bigfoot, mysterious trail cam image, alien outpost on the moon) there is a lot of skepticism.

I was the most skeptical person on earth until I lived in what I considered a haunted house.
I think that is actually the point in my life when I realized there are things that are simply unexplainable.
I also feel that like I said originally, some people will never never believe, even with the most clear photos/videos any proof other than first hand experience. That's ok, maybe some people are not meant to experience it, who knows..

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I wasn't trying to discount anyone else's experiences. We lived in a house for two years when I was a kid, and really weird stuff happened there. We heard things and saw things that just made no sense. I'd love to hear more about your haunted house sometime!

Even though I am skeptical, I do believe there's a strong likelihood that things exist that we can't understand or explain. This is just not a group that typically believes every blurry photograph is what someone says it is without critical thinking and questioning.

Here's hoping it's real - that would be much more interesting than a camera malfunction or hoax!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I did not mean it in the sense that you are shilling for nest. My thinking goes like this:

Google parent Alphabet owns Nest. Advertising accounts for 84 percent of Alphabet's total revenue (number from early 2018). Google+ which was originally intended as an alternative to Facebook is shutting down. Alphabet/Google would certainly love to find new ways of creating revenue by piggybacking on other companies social media.

Alphabet also heavily dabbles in artificial intelligence, predictive algorithms, quantum computing and all that Jazz. It is perfectly possible they seeded the story after their technologies predicted that users would pick up on Next all by themselves and include the company name (to a sufficient degree) in their sharing of the story. Et voilà - free advertising!

Is that scenario really less likely than that the ghost is real?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The mom in the story also specifically said that it was a Nest camera (so it's not just your fault that it's being mentioned so many times), but I agree that viral marketing is a huge stretch here. Maybe a happy side effect for Nest since the story is getting so much traction online, but I would guess not the intent.

I hope Nest can help her retrieve the footage. We have a Ring and decided not to pay for the subscription to record videos after the trial ran out, and I'm always sure that one day we will miss something that we wish we had recorded.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I was an unbeliever too, until I saw the image of my dead grandmother hovering in front of my bedroom window, as I was laying in bed, ready to get up for work, back in the early 80's.

I'm in the same boat. Two years ago I would have assumed this to be a hoax. I now know differently, and trust me, I've tried ten ways to Sunday to figure out how to debunk the experiences me and my wife had last year. The only explanation I have left is that I was completely wrong in my disbelief.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Weagle

I'd love to hear more about your haunted house sometime!

Here is the short version.
I lived in an old turn of the century house in a historic district. Always weird noises (digging sounds) around, pets going crazy. Never believed in anything supernatural.

One day I was in my kitchen on the 2nd floor, and just felt something watching me. Turned around, outside the window was a man/spirit/something with his head covered in red. I scream in horror, seriously surprised I didn't faint, but I ran and hid under a chair. No way anything/anyone could be there without a ladder, and there wasn't a ladder or time for anyone to get away when my friend checked outside.

Found out later from an old old lady a few houses down that my house used to be owned by a doctor and he saw patients there. Totally creeped me out, I wondered if the person I saw was a former patient that was bleeding? Who knows, but I never experienced anything like that after leaving. I refuse to live in very old houses too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join