It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: China Releases First Panoramic Shot From The Dark Side Of The Moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: moyeti
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Helium (H-3), energy source abundant there. China to Mine H3 for Fusion

A couple of things to note:

1. Chang'e 5 (schedule to launch late this year or early next year) is set to bring back rock samples in general -- not necessarily helium-3.

2. China's spce program is moving along, but it is not technologically able to mine helium-3 and effciently return it. No space program (neither the U.S. nor Russia, both if which are further along than the Chinese) has the technology to do that.

For example. it is thought that we would need to mine 150 tonnes of lunar soil to extract just 1 gram of helium-3. That's quite a bit ahead of anything we humans can currently do on the Moon -- whether we build processing plants there to extract it, or bring the ore back to earth to extract it. Either way, that will take futuristic technologies.

3. There is not yet a use for large amounts of helium-3. Fusion reactors technology is not yet that far along as to require large quantities of helium-3.

China confirms landing site for Chang'e-5 Moon sample return

China's lunar sample return mission will pave way for future ambitions

Someday hopefully, fusion reactors will be a viable source for power, and large amounts of helium-3 would be needed. And someday human technology will be able to mine the Moon for helium-3 and have the technogy to bring it back to earth. However, that's not happeneing any time soon. Maybe in a few decades.

However, it may also never happen, nor even be worth it at all. Here's an article laying out the difficulties of mining helium-3 on the Moon, and also laying out the argument that such mining is even worth the trouble (i.e., helium-3 may not provide enough of a pratical return vs. the cost):

The helium-3 incantation

edit on 1/12/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Looks incredibly fake to me.

One issue being the craters look like an after-effect. Most noticeable when looking at the smaller craters inside the larger craters. (I'm mostly looking at the 360cities.net view) Some of those little craters just don't line up correctly as they would inside the dips.

That, and there's some odd effects like a clone stamp tool near the edges of some of the objects. (and no, I'm not talking about the panoramic cuts between images) Like the tip of the right-facing antenna, to the left of the cone(that one could be a panoramic thing, I guesssss) and subtly around the perimeter of the entire object.

There's that strange anomaly on the right side of the steel pole(near the top)
Also, what are the golden foil bags reflecting on the top there. Looks like ceiling lights to me.

Lots of neat, futuristic gadgets and gizmos though!
The surface itself reminds me of a cookies and cream shake I had a coupla weeks ago!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Swollenamygdala
Perhaps my post got lost in the debate about electric universe, which I find intriguing, missing rocks in this short of time deserves a thread on its own! And in a different forum. Alas I am too green!

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Could that be because the 360cities panorama is a mosaic of several images put together?

Also, the 360cities mosaics are put together by users, not official Chinese Space program mosaics.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
*Double*

edit on 1/12/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I thought they had plans for a manned mission and even a base? Or was that just a pipe dream?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Looks incredibly fake to me.

One issue being the craters look like an after-effect. Most noticeable when looking at the smaller craters inside the larger craters. (I'm mostly looking at the 360cities.net view) Some of those little craters just don't line up correctly as they would inside the dips.

That, and there's some odd effects like a clone stamp tool near the edges of some of the objects. (and no, I'm not talking about the panoramic cuts between images) Like the tip of the right-facing antenna, to the left of the cone(that one could be a panoramic thing, I guesssss) and subtly around the perimeter of the entire object.

There's that strange anomaly on the right side of the steel pole(near the top)
Also, what are the golden foil bags reflecting on the top there. Looks like ceiling lights to me.

Lots of neat, futuristic gadgets and gizmos though!
The surface itself reminds me of a cookies and cream shake I had a coupla weeks ago!

China's imagery is an exact match with that provided by other sources, right down to building 3D models. As for the reflections on the 'golden bags' - gee, do you think there might be a bright light in the sky somewhere? What you see as 'anomalies' other people see as perfectly normal features of the world at large when photographs are downsampled and merged together.
edit on 13/1/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: missing word

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh well, once again I'm reminded not to address or argue an Electric Universe proponent's posts...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
"The space probe is moving south across the Mün"

An excellent video processing and analysis of the landing footage here: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It’s not like we haven’t seen pictures of the moon before.
Now what would really be nice if we could catch a glimpse at the ancient (& possibly recent) structures that are there, that even amateur astronomers are able to make out on the near side.
But TPTB would never allow such images to come out of this mission. There is a power structure that controls everything on this planet, including China. And they will never let us know what’s going on on the moon.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Matt11

The reason you won't ever see photos of structures on the moon has got nothing to do with "TPTB" and everything to do with them not being there at all.

Anyone can get a telescope and see what's going on there: nothing.
edit on 13/1/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

The reason you won't ever see photos of structures on the moon has got nothing to do with "TPTB" and everything to do with them not being there at all.

But you can't see the far side. That's where all the interesting stuff happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

c'mon this is clearly fake.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

And you draw this conclusion because..?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well thats kind of interesting. A lot of activity has been recorder around the world by amateur astronomers.. Have a look at the lunar wave for a new one or all the strange lights that come out of certain craters and have been seen for a good long time now.

In order to dismiss my comment you will not have to say something to negate the evidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

There.

Is.

No.

Evidence.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who can read.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There.

Is.

No.

Evidence.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who can read.

What causing all the lights that appear around particular moon craters then..

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Other than sun glinting off the edges, nothing.

If you're really keen to discuss fictional lunar anomalies and other crank subjects this is the button you're looking for:

In all serious there are no lunar bases, no alien ships, no sooper sekrit spayse programme that only the speshul ones kno about, there is no "lunar wave".

For objects to be visible from Earth they would need to be so big you could almost see them with the naked eye. There are no terrestrial telescopes big enough to see objects smaller than a large detached house. The only objects on the moon are the remnants of Apollo and the few soft landing probes everyone already knows about. Any photos taken in lunar orbit claiming to show lunar bases are fake and anyone promoting is either deluded or lying. Hope that makes things clear for you.

Meanwhile, back on topic, anyone claiming Chang'e-4's images are fake need to explain how amateur radio-astronomers were able to track it and let the world know that it as about to land before China told anyone.

skyriddles.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo "As for the reflections on the 'golden bags' - gee, do you think there might be a bright light in the sky somewhere? "

Are those bright lights so perfectly spaced out as you see in the reflections? Are they in a line like that?

And the things I'm talking about aren't related to the 360 panoramic factor.
Look at allll the other 360 panoramic images at cities. I haven't found any that have the effects I'm talking about.

Editing to add: Here's one that's a "Mars Panorama" That's a little further out there. Doesn't have the issues I'm talking about.
www.360cities.net...

edit on 13-1-2019 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

And you draw this conclusion because..?

Probably because it is China and it should be automatically assumed to be propaganda from lying POS communist dictatorship.

Add Googles lips firmly placed on the great firewall of China's arse and no wonder no searches come back for "China fake moon landing." And the only non-mainstream return is that the flat earthers are not convinced. Who are "flat earthers"??

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join