It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: China Releases First Panoramic Shot From The Dark Side Of The Moon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lunar Transient Phenomena Example titles:

Lunar transient phenomena: Topographical distribution

Comparative analyses of observations of lunar transient phenomena

Lunar transient phenomena catalog

Lunar transient phenomena (LTP): Manifestations, site distribution, correlations and possible causes

A survey of lunar transient phenomena

Manifestations and possible sources of lunar transient phenomena (LTP)

Lunar outgassing, transient phenomena, and the return to the Moon. I. Existing data

Observations of lunar transient phenomena (LTP) in 1972 and 1973

Lots of interesting reading.

It seems to be concentrated are the edges of the maria and some instances seem to have been the result of meteor impacts kicking up lunar regolith near the terminator; some possible outgassing as well is indicated.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: shawmanfromny

c'mon this is clearly fake.

And you draw this conclusion because..?

I am just teasing. The Chinese will have to get used to this accusation, Americans have had to deal with it for 50 years now.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Isn't the Dark side of the moon suppose to be dark?

It does get SUN, we don't see it therefore it is the dark side of the Moon to us on Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Got to love how there isn’t one single star in this photo...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: antmax21

Well, it is the dark side of the moon, after all.

edit on 1/14/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: antmax21

In case this is a serious comment, the reason you can't see stars in these photos is that the camera's exposure is set for the sunlit lunar surface. Stars are very dim and require a longer exposure time.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero
Can someone explain to me why we aren't making temporary base on the moon to train Astronauts prior to going to Mars?
The moon would be a great place to test structural material and equipment before landing on another planet.

This is a really nice photo and captures a lot of detail however I was expecting the far side to consist entirely of cheese.
I'd like to see what China's space program does next.

Probably because we cannot get past the VAN ALLEN BELT and stay alive.

We also cannot survive in space for more than 6 months.

So we cant make the trip to mars.

For the Van Allen belt part, why not just go through the thinner and less dense parts where the radiation is lower, and go through it quickly -- thus minimizing the exposure to radiation?

But you are correct that long-duration missions outside of the Earth's protective magnetosphere would require additional radiation shielding that would not be required for shorter missions.

Polyethylene plastic (or any plastic dense in hydrogen) might be a good basis for lighter-weight shielding for cosmic particle radiation.

Plastic Could Protect Astronauts from Deep-Space Radiation

Its not just the radiation we need the gravity of earth to survive. Humans are kind of tuned to earth and cannot survive out of our envoronment unless we have some way to simulate the earth in all her glory in a space ship.

After 6 months of being in space we dont even look human anymore we start to puff up and our eyes go blind. the kinds of innovation we would need to live in space for long periods of time has yet to be revealed to earthbound humans.

I dont know maybe they have secretly figured it out and made supermen who could live in space for long periods of time and still function normally, however some would say they were no longer human if such hypothetical people existed.

While you are correct that living in zero-G for long durations causes harm to humans, it is NOT accurate to say that humans stop looking human and go blind after 6 months because of zero-G conditions. Space station astronauts have lived on the station for 6 months and more (NASA astronaut Scott Kelley lived on the station for a year) without going blind or puffing up until they no longer looked human.

Granted, there were issues of muscle atrophy and bone density. Exercise might be able to reduce those harmful effects somewhat, but they cannot minimize them to safe levels.

The best answer to minimizing the effects of a trip to Mars would be to develop propulsion technologies that might get us there more quickly -- tuning an 18-24 month round-trip mission into a 12-month (or quicker) mission.

What does that station have to do with actually being in space ?

False analogy.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero
Can someone explain to me why we aren't making temporary base on the moon to train Astronauts prior to going to Mars?
The moon would be a great place to test structural material and equipment before landing on another planet.

This is a really nice photo and captures a lot of detail however I was expecting the far side to consist entirely of cheese.
I'd like to see what China's space program does next.

Probably because we cannot get past the VAN ALLEN BELT and stay alive.

We also cannot survive in space for more than 6 months.

So we cant make the trip to mars.

For the Van Allen belt part, why not just go through the thinner and less dense parts where the radiation is lower, and go through it quickly -- thus minimizing the exposure to radiation?

But you are correct that long-duration missions outside of the Earth's protective magnetosphere would require additional radiation shielding that would not be required for shorter missions.

Polyethylene plastic (or any plastic dense in hydrogen) might be a good basis for lighter-weight shielding for cosmic particle radiation.

Plastic Could Protect Astronauts from Deep-Space Radiation

Its not just the radiation we need the gravity of earth to survive. Humans are kind of tuned to earth and cannot survive out of our envoronment unless we have some way to simulate the earth in all her glory in a space ship.

After 6 months of being in space we dont even look human anymore we start to puff up and our eyes go blind. the kinds of innovation we would need to live in space for long periods of time has yet to be revealed to earthbound humans.

I dont know maybe they have secretly figured it out and made supermen who could live in space for long periods of time and still function normally, however some would say they were no longer human if such hypothetical people existed.

While you are correct that living in zero-G for long durations causes harm to humans, it is NOT accurate to say that humans stop looking human and go blind after 6 months because of zero-G conditions. Space station astronauts have lived on the station for 6 months and more (NASA astronaut Scott Kelley lived on the station for a year) without going blind or puffing up until they no longer looked human.

Granted, there were issues of muscle atrophy and bone density. Exercise might be able to reduce those harmful effects somewhat, but they cannot minimize them to safe levels.

The best answer to minimizing the effects of a trip to Mars would be to develop propulsion technologies that might get us there more quickly -- tuning an 18-24 month round-trip mission into a 12-month (or quicker) mission.

What does that station have to do with actually being in space ?

False analogy.

I was answering "FormOfTheLord's" post about how the bodies of the astronauts have reacted in the past to living in space for 6 months at a time, and what that would mean for a long-duration trip to Mars.

FormOfTheLord wasn't questioning whether or not there was a station in space in which astronauts lived -- and in fact his/her orginal comment pre-supposed that people have lived in space for 6 months.

So how exactly is my direct response to that comment about the effects on past astronauts who have lived in space a false analogy?

edit on 1/15/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Must be hiding an alien base from the Plutoniums on that moon too!
Plutarians?
Plutoions?

Plutarchs.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: TheSkunk
Can I ask why the crater is only indented with out an impact rim?

because it was created by electricity .

No it wasn't. A nearby impact obliterated part of that crater's wall. Stop trying to plug your "Electric Universe theory" into anything that seems mysterious or questionable.

"When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

oops, sorry for the late reply. There are other fuel sources available for Fusion and they all have their pluses and minuses, but long term it appears that H3 might do well. I just hope we don't pull a Kronos one day.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join