It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landing on the Moon: World's Greatest Propaganda Victory

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
These are valid questions.

I am waiting to see if someone more knowledgeable has any comments.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Not having read this entire thread, may I side on the side of the "we did not go believers"
Knowing that JFK, Japanese attack, Philadelphia experiment, Roswell, RFK's setup, MLK's hit and Groom Lake have soured me on any of the 'facts' we have been presented with.
All that has come from these coverups have been tons of paper rhetoric and many, many dead bodies..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ok, I'll try one last time.

1) how did we get the mirrors on the moon ? Please note, if you are going to say we sent robots up there, can we actually assume that would be easier than sending men ? Please note, prof Van Allen himself has said the van allen belt would only do harm to a human if they spent a month in the belt. The apollo 11 crew spent 1 hour in the belt.

2) where did the 800 lbs of moon rocks come from ? Scientists in over 30 countries have examined them, and the inescapable conclusion is they were not from this earth, or made on this earth.

Your first point is one nobody can refute, but didn't the Russians bring back rocks with unmanned missions?
I don't know how much they brought back, probably nowhere near 800 #s and I doubt the Americans loaded their ships full of rocks for them.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Russians managed to bring samples back on three missions after the U.S. had landed manned missions.

Why is it so hard to accept the fact that we went there?

//ed to comple BB code//

[edit on 11-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Because reality, although it is truthful, is never as sexy or seemingly as interesting as the fantasy conspiracy addicts would prefer to believe in to make things more meaningful or explainable.
The mind is trained to seek answers and construct ratiional frameworks and worldviews; sometimes there is less there than meets the eye.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I found this looking for south park stuff.....anyone that could use a laugh, check it out.....

www.jokaroo.com...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this one particular thing since a day or two ago. The rocks. I believe we could've gotten to the moon w/unmanned vehicles to harvest the rocks. The walking on the moon part could've been faked. Just some thots.

The fact that the Soviets went and got their own rocks reflects my view regarding why dint anyone else land on the moon? They went and got rocks dint they? So if they went and got rocks, why not go ahead and land? I don't buy the argument that no one cares about seconds and thirds. Any scientist and any pilot would jump at a chance to be the fourth, fifth, eighth and twentieth to go. I probly would, too.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Why is it so hard to accept the fact that we went there?

Why do people get so bent out of shape at the mere suggestion that it might've, could have been faked?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The number of people that would have to be involved in the moon-landing-hoax is staggering... I am ceratin that if this was a hoax, someone reliable would have spoken on the behalf of truth. Remember Roswell/Area 51, the Aurora Project? If the landing is fake -- thousands of people, some of which live to this day, are doing a wonderful job of clouding modern history. And think -- how deep do you think this conspiracy goes? Launch Spectators, Astronauts and thier families... Politicians, Launch Control Staff (HAHA... Yeah they only thought they were vital to the mission/Or are they all in on it???) and other NASA employees. Then, last but not least, you have the infamous people that engineered the landing video and all the media who broadcast the landing... Too many people if you ask me. And then why oh why, are we spending billions on advancing the space program for trips beyond the moon, if we haven't even made it to square one? You'll probably think that is a hoax too. Furthermore, I agree that a ceratin amount of "faith" comes with trusting this accomplishement but nonetheless I do. Anything is possible. If you think about it profoundly enough, you will see the Moon Landing is fact. The Moon Landing being a hoax is about as likely as Dinosaurs never existing.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The fact that the Soviets went and got their own rocks reflects my view regarding why dint anyone else land on the moon? They went and got rocks dint they? So if they went and got rocks, why not go ahead and land? I don't buy the argument that no one cares about seconds and thirds. Any scientist and any pilot would jump at a chance to be the fourth, fifth, eighth and twentieth to go. I probly would, too.

The USSR got it's samples by unmanned, automated probes.
The Luna's I think they were called.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Great find syrinx high priest!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalibur
If you think about it profoundly enough, you will see the Moon Landing is fact. The Moon Landing being a hoax is about as likely as Dinosaurs never existing.

I respect your comments.

But now you're gonna tell me dinasaur's actually existed?!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So if they went and got rocks, why not go ahead and land?

Same reason we're still sending robots to Mars. It's far cheaper, and less problematic.

When sending people, you need a hell of a lot more stuff, life support systems, redundancy systems, food, waste-disposal, oxygen, water, radiation shielding...all of which adds expense and weight to a mission.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

If you think about it profoundly enough, you will see the Moon Landing is fact. The Moon Landing being a hoax is about as likely as Dinosaurs never existing.

I respect your comments.

But now you're gonna tell me dinasaur's actually existed?!

HAHA...

I sure hope dinosaurs existed....

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

HAHA...
I sure hope dinosaurs existed....

I don't know, man... I'll havta check with Pat Robertson and his fundies on that...

That would mean.. E V O L U T I O N was R E A L !!!!!!!

Holy Mother of Goose!!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join