It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landing on the Moon: World's Greatest Propaganda Victory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

However, from what I have read, the cameras and film would have made it impossible for the negatives to have survived.

Do you have a link to that? I haven't seen anything other than amature opinion saying that the film would not survive.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Hey Kid,
"Again, just because we saw the rocket lift off and disappear, doesn't have anything to do with landing on the moon."

this is where I sense you are straining to belive what you want to beleive, not considering facts objectively.

I'm not straining to believe or disbelieve anything. It's a simple point offered. Can you say definitively where a rocket goes once it leaves the atmosphere/your line of sight? You rely on the information NASA and the media feed you, correct? You accept without question it went where they say it went. That doesn't mean its necessarily true.

The government has lied to us on many occasions. Sometimes its necessary; sometimes it serves only the purpose of hiding wrongs committed against our citizenry. If, as I posited, the moon landing was faked, it would've been in the best interest of the USA during a very crucial time during the Cold War.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think maybe you guys should consider something, if the moon landing was faked when all this conspiracy talk started happening the guys behind it would of freaked out, you guys act like if a criminal does something he is going to make no attempt to try and cover it up, those objects could of easily been planted on the moon.

I do not believe the moon landing was faked however...i believe the footage was in order to hide UFO's which the astronauts encountered.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
I think maybe you guys should consider something, if the moon landing was faked when all this conspiracy talk started happening the guys behind it would of freaked out

Why would they freak out? They would know full well if anyone questioned the veracity of the claim, they'd be made out to be a loony. That's fundamental.

I do not believe the moon landing was faked however...i believe the footage was in order to hide UFO's which the astronauts encountered.

I personally do not believe in UFO's and aliens. That's a whole 'nuther subject, though. For me, it'd be in the religion (demonic/angelic activity) category.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have to admit that I watched that Fox special several years ago and afterwards I thought "Wow, maybe the whole moon trip was a hoax!" However, I've come to my senses since then, mainly when I got into amateur astronomy.

The 'evidence' of the faking of the moon landings amounts to a misunderstanding of science by the people presenting it. The 'no stars in the sky' is a great example.

The moon doesn't rotate as the Earth does. That's why when you look at the moon every single night of your life you will see the exact same face of it. The Apollo missions landed on the Earth-facing side of the moon. Except for a new moon, this part of the moon is always in sunlight. You can't see stars from the Earth during the day, why would you see them from the moon during the day?

Why is the sky blue? Because of gasses in the atmosphere right? Does the moon have a significant atmosphere? No. The sky is black in the pictures because there are no gasses in the moon's atmosphere to make a blue sky, not because it is night.

If you believe the 'stars' theory, do this. On the next clear night, walk outside and stand directly underneath a streetlight. Look up. How many stars do you see above you? The streetlight in this experiment simulates the sun shining in the moon (where you're standing).

If you want photograhic proof, stand under a streetlight at night, and have someone take a picture of you. Examine the black sky in the background of the pic and count the number of stars you see. In the bright light the camera will use a fast shutter speed and won't stay open long enough to capture light from stars. And that's at NIGHT on EARTH. How do you think there would be stars seen from the moon in the day?

OK, I'm done ranting now. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
You can't see stars from the Earth during the day, why would you see them from the moon during the day?

I've seen stars in the morning sky - when its light. And in the evening before the sun slips out of sight.

Maybe we landed equipment on the moon. That could explain certain things. Equipment could've passed through the Van Allen belt. I still don't believe humans could, though. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Van Allen Belt? You do realise that the vessel the astronauts were traveling in had a 3 inch thick metal hull? Radiation was no problem, solar flares were no problem (as they weren't there long enough to reap the effects) and aliens were not the problem. Though they so easily could have faked an alien story and claimed they need them to return to the moon with a hefty ransom.
The only problem is commy rat bastards who want to degrade one of the US's greatest achievements for their own political purpose.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Terapin
I'll never understand why anyone would believe that we couldnt have landed on the moon. We had the knowhow and resourses. It seems much easyer to actualy go there than to get several thousand people who were involved in the mission to agree to fake it and then never tell a soul. Ever try and get a bunch of friends to keep a total secret about something realy big??

First, even though you criticize my basic premise, that's fine. I'm looking for all points of view.
Second, would you answer these two questions?

How old were you when the cold war ended? (1990)

Why hasn't any other government followed us to the moon?

Ths Apollo has been covered up same at ET and JFK, and various secrets..IF It meant life or death for your families, would you keep quiet? I would.
I was an adult when the cold war ended..
NO other Gov't can, as it was not done!

Question==Why has not Hubble or any other sat's taken close=up pics to shut up the conspiracy theorists?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
saw a great show on the tele last night, national geographic channel, I think...they pointed out the conspiracy theorists usually get stumped ;

1) explaining the MIRRORS apollo 11 left on the moon, and the laser experiment going on STILL TO THIS DAY.....any rebuttal from the hoax camp to that one ?

2) NASA employed 400,000 people at the time. don't you think a leak would've come about about a fake ? somewhere along the line ?

3) professor Van Allen himself called the hoax theory ridiculous, and his estimation is the astronauts would have to spend a MONTH in the VA belt to be effected. They made it through in an HOUR.

4) the soviets were watching, and would have busted us if we faked it.

5) what about more than 800 pounds (363 kilograms) of rocks brought back from the moon. "Geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth," NASA states on its Web site. Regardless, the conspiracy theory remains today.

WHY ? there is no logical way you can conclude it was a hoax, unless you WANT to, and ignore reason and common sense.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The ESA are using the Apollo landing sites to test the SMART-I lunar probe which has the resolution to show the equipment (NONE of the earth based telescopes can, even hubble. This will put paid once and for all to the hoax theories........hang on a minute that was 2 months ago and ever since we have had silence. Call me suspicious !

One aspect of the Apollo missions that I became suspicious of was gravity. If the pictures were fake then you would not see any object move any higher than it would on earth even if the video was slowed down. For example if an astronaut jumped he would be six times higher on the moon than he would be on earth. Or the other way round is to look at the pictures of them walking, running, jumping "on the moon" and then reduce the height to one sixth and that is the same height they would be on earth during training. OOeerrr somethings not right !

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
great point on the gravity mlcr, but don't forget all the weight they had on them in their suits and packs. if they were wearing shorts and t-shirts, they should have been able to jump 10' in the air, but they were weighed down.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Question==Why has not Hubble or any other sat's taken close=up pics to shut up the conspiracy theorists?

Good point. Why havn't they?

You guys who are skeptical of my skepticism don't seem to have any faith in our psy/ops capabilities.

To the thoroughly recycled question of how can that many people keep such a big secret?! It's called need-to-know. Anyone in the military can tell you, as a foot soldier, you have incredible minimal knowledge regarding operations. You are told specifically what you need to know in order to do your job. You are kept in the dark about everything else around you - with the exception of what can cull w/your own contacts. It's genious.

I wish somebody in the know (from other countries) could tell me WHY no other country has followed us there. None of the reasons given here hold up.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Good point. Why havn't they?

You guys who are skeptical of my skepticism don't seem to have any faith in our psy/ops capabilities.

To the thoroughly recycled question of how can that many people keep such a big secret?! It's called need-to-know. Anyone in the military can tell you, as a foot soldier, you have incredible minimal knowledge regarding operations. You are told specifically what you need to know in order to do your job. You are kept in the dark about everything else around you - with the exception of what can cull w/your own contacts. It's genious.

I wish somebody in the know (from other countries) could tell me WHY no other country has followed us there. None of the reasons given here hold up.

hey kid,
can you reply to all 5 points I made ? the mirrors, rocks etc
thanks

we went to be first. we got there first. so why would anyone go up there now ?
well, for starters, we have 800 lbs of rocks to examine down here, and there is no prize for 2nd place. Its kind of simple actually.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Yeah, that may be so, EastCoastKid, but what I am finding even more ironic, as applied to what you have just said above, is that there are people who can't handle the "THOUGHT" that we did in fact land on the moon.

The Moon-Landing Hoax and conspiracy is so worn and debunkedx1000 and yet, again, as applied to what you said above, some simply can't choke done the truth.....or the "thought" thereof....

Seekerof I rarely(if ever) 100 % agree with you, but on this issue you're spot on. This stupid Landing Hoax HOAX is taking up waay to much bandwidth then it deserves.(which is 0 )

can you reply to all 5 points I made ? the mirrors, rocks etc

He cannot, why? Ask him that...maybe he thinks its all just a smokescreen by us "Skeptics"
Or maybe he doesn't know squat about Science and Engineering and Radionics etc. It's sad really when people take the words of Conspiracy Theorists over the people who actually take the time and effort to learn the facts, but that is too much work to check thier facts out isn't it?
Why do that when you can go to one webpage that makes some duboius claims with even more Dubious evidence to support and even more dubious Conclusion, if it's writting like it's all Anecdotal evidance then it's even easier to believe as it "Sounds" true or some such nonsense.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oooh.. Sardion, you just flamed me so hard!

Not.

If you don't like my thread, quit whining and go start your own.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Oooh.. Sardion, you just flamed me so hard!

Not.

If you don't like my thread, quit whining and go start your own.

So I guess we can add ECK to the list of hoax believers who can't answer the mirror or 800 lbs of moon rocks questions......

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_falcon_XXI
- did anybody mention the "Van-Allen-Belt"? This is a zone of highly radioactive rays around the earth in about 400 km distance.

“Radioactive rays”

Someone needs to go back to school and study basic physics.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Though I'm somehow tired of the topic myself, another two cents:

2) NASA employed 400,000 people at the time. don't you think a leak would've come about about a fake ? somewhere along the line ?

I think EastCoastKid pointed it out quite reasonable:

It's called need-to-know.

Of course, if they have been faking the whole thing, they would work like they're doing it for real, only a very few people on top would share the secret.

4) the soviets were watching, and would have busted us if we faked it.

What if they got paid high amounts to shut up? They could have used a lot of dollars at those times...

5) what about more than 800 pounds (363 kilograms) of rocks brought back from the moon. "Geologists worldwide have been examining these samples for 30 years, and the conclusion is inescapable. The rocks could not have been collected or manufactured on Earth," NASA states on its Web site. Regardless, the conspiracy theory remains today.

Did you research it yourself? Of course NASA wouldn't state anything else on it's own website, would be very stupid.

And:

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by new_falcon_XXI
- did anybody mention the "Van-Allen-Belt"? This is a zone of highly radioactive rays around the earth in about 400 km distance.

“Radioactive rays”

Someone needs to go back to school and study basic physics.

Excuse me, but English is not my first language. Do you have a second one? If yes, you know it's easier to put something in simple words to make your point as to read a dictionary. If no, be quiet.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OK, then do you understand that the radiation in the Van Allen belts consists of highly charged particles, not EM radiation?
understanding the difference is important.

My point was, that if you understand the energies involved, and the density of the particles in this region, then you will se that it was perfectly feasible to minimize the exposure to harmful radiation when the Apollo rockets crossed this part of space.

Again, as it was pointed out in the previous post, this subject has been discussed to death in other threads.

BTW, were you on ATS before, under a different handle? You remind me of a certain cold kitty cat.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
About those particles: no, I didn't know the difference, quite an interesting point. But:

Again, as it was pointed out in the previous post, this subject has been discussed to death in other threads.

You are absolutely right on this one, I was just interested in the whole thing, as I stated some pages before, because it would be very funny if it was a fake. I don't really care, and there are very few people who don't take the whole thing deadly serious. If it was a fake, there will be evidence by the time the next people go to the moon. As long as this takes, we just have to wait (most of us are still young). As much fun speculating is, for me it's just a mind experiment and not of vital importance.

BTW, were you on ATS before, under a different handle? You remind me of a certain cold kitty cat.

And no, it's my first time and my first name here - and I'm not a girl, sorry.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by new_falcon_XXI]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join