It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is 2019 treating everyone so far?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We are just 10 days in and so far 2019 has been pretty harsh!
I don't think I'm alone. From what i've heard from friends, family, and of course the news in our country,
2019 is off to a negative start.

2017 was absolutely one of the worst years for me, I got a slight reprieve in 2018,
and now here were go again.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky person, but I hate when the year starts off bad

I also follow the Chinese New Year which starts in February, so here's hoping that will be better!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am really hoping it goes better than 2018.
2018 turned my life upside down, and sucked majorly. And it did for a few friends too.
Fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just found out my mom has incurable cancer (says the doc)...not off to a good start

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Besides the political circus, as usual, causing people to be uneasy, it's alright. Alright as much as it could be in this Mandela Effect timeline.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

two deaths in our extended circle. Not cool.

I'm hoping the tide turns...quickly.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah, im getting some bad vibes about '19.
Hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm sorry to hear that tucket. That really sucks, prayers and thoughts to your mom, hopefully the doc is wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I seem to have this "anticipation or anxiety" of the hammer dropping.

Don't know what seems wrong but my gut is telling me something is wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So far so good.

Got a $100 month raise, will get another in March.
Calf injury finally seems to have worked itself out.
Found a new side chick

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've already been in jail twice, but I'm hoping I can make it through the rest of the year without any more issues.

Other than that, weathers been nice. Mild winter this year.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sorry your 2019 is off to a bad start.
Hope things improve for you.

I've got no complaints about it so far...except my son moved out of state last week to begin a new job.

I miss him...but it's a great job opportunity for him...promotion and big salary increase...so, overall, a good year so far for him.
edit on 10-1-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Its been amazing for me so far!!

A years worth of bs and patience finally paid off and I am reaping the rewards of my work now.
Half of 2017 and all of 2018 were spent finding the silver cloud in some dark times.

I think I even finally found a way to put weight on, so I might even get the 10 to 20 lbs of extra muscle I have been longing for!!

I have fun every day....I'd show the snowman I made 2 days ago but it is against the T&C.

Happy New Years!!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was supposed to move Jan. 1, but dealing with the government agency that assists me with partial rent has been a nightmare. They won't answer the phone unless you sit on hold for at least an hour and get disconnected a minimum of 2 times. Make sure to fill out 3 sets of identical paperwork, 1 for them to lose, 1 for them to ignore, and 1 for them to process. Of course the person you need to speak with is either a. on vacation b. out sick c. taking a break, or d. not really the person you need to speak with.

My landlord is irate because he didn't get the portion of rent that the agency handles, and the unit I was transferring to is still vacant because it is waiting on me. He's potentially going to lose a couple thousand dollars because he was nice enough to rent to a guy receiving federal aid. I'm sure he'll think twice before making that decision again.

I've delayed the move until Feb. 1, but it might be 2020 before Seattle Housing Authority gets their fecal matter together.

Other than that, things are great! I turned 50 yesterday!
edit on 1102019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
We are just 10 days in and so far 2019 has been pretty harsh!
I don't think I'm alone. From what i've heard from friends, family, and of course the news in our country,
2019 is off to a negative start.

2017 was absolutely one of the worst years for me, I got a slight reprieve in 2018,
and now here were go again.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky person, but I hate when the year starts off bad

I also follow the Chinese New Year which starts in February, so here's hoping that will be better!

I lost $7,000 in my 2 retirement portfolios...in 3 months. Oct 31-Dec 31st. I'm not happy. 3 months-$7k

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I seem to have this "anticipation or anxiety" of the hammer dropping.

Don't know what seems wrong but my gut is telling me something is wrong.

This may be the year it all starts to really unravel.

So far, we're doing all right in 2019 though. Nothing better or worse than it was before *knocks on wood*.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Been more of the same which means life has been fun and rewarding..

Sure, lost around $15k in investments but dont invest if you cant handle peaks and valleys.

On Sunday heading out to California for 2 weeks of work on the Blizzard Main Campus which means nice weather as its supposed to be cold and wet this weekend on the East Coast while in Orange County its like 75 degrees and sunny every day.

Had minor surgery 2 days after Xmas which fixed something that has been mildly bothering me for awhile.

Made it as a Cisco Champion again for 2019 which is always nice.

Been hitting 5 miles of running walking a day and cut back to around 1500 calories a day.

Going to another convention for the TV show Supernatural in Feb in Seattle.

Things were going well and things continue to go well.

edit on 10-1-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Just found out my mom has incurable cancer (says the doc)...not off to a good start

I'm so sorry. That always puts things into perspective.
I highly suggest reading up on some of the ATS thread on cancer. Some of them are very enlightening.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Livin the dream...blessed by an angel.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Confused...
Jan 2, First love contact me on FB from spain. I am in uk. We met and spend 2 months in Thailand 20 years ago. Planned to move to Paris and get married but lost each other as time gos by. She Wanting to meet me in Paris. We both married now btw. Obviously I know how this will go..

Confused indeed.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Confused...
Jan 2, First love contact me on FB from spain. I am in uk. We met and spend 2 months in Thailand 20 years ago. Planned to move to Paris and get married but lost each other as time gos by. She Wanting to meet me in Paris. We both married now btw. Obviously I know how this will go..

Confused indeed.

If you know how it will go, you are not confused.
Tread carefully friend...& hopefully 2019 goes as you wish

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Happy belated Birthday, 50 years young!
and I hope your move situation gets a lot better!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join