It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Edit a Posting When There's No Edit Button to Push?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I recently submitted a news article and got a U2U saying that it needed grammar corrections and was being biased? in the intro.

My question is: how do I get into the posting to correct my submission if there's no edit button to push?

What's up with that?

[edit on 27/2/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I believe the edit function is removed 2 hours after you make a post, only in that window can you edit so you certainly make a good point regarding news articles if the same applies there. If you're asked to make changes but can't you're a bit stuck really.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
HAHAHA
That's the point.

But seriously, I think this is one of the catches of having the edit button disappear after 2 hours. I'm sure they'll do something about it if you U2U a mod, I don't think a thread devoted to this is necessary.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you are outside the two hour window, just u2u ATSNN staff, Supermod, or admin with a link. The suggestion form is also a good way to get staff attention. If it is something simple we can perhaps edit the original post for you, but we can always just move it off so you can re-submit a corrected post.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've wondered about this myself. Why is there a 2hour window, anyway? Seems quite illogical.

It'd be nice if this could be changed.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I've wondered about this myself. Why is there a 2hour window, anyway? Seems quite illogical.

I believe SO said it was because some people were going back and changing there posts in bad ways.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I believe SO said it was because some people were going back and changing there posts in bad ways.

Here's a novel idea, if that is the case: Kill the thread if they do that.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Here's a novel idea, if that is the case: Kill the thread if they do that.

There's a phenom among the people we attract (for some strange reason) to suddenly decide to erase all their posts. It's messy when it's the lead post in a multi page discussion or every other post therein.

I guess it's also not exactly fair in most debates to go back much later and improve your standing or change components to make "the other guy" look crazy in his or her responses or avoid due TAC warnings or coverup potentially conflicting statements, but those are all just bonuses.

Main thing is stop the "Kilroy was never here" poster regret syndrome.

As my understanding goes.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The only time I've ever thought about going back and making any real change to my threads/posts is the title of a thread. I wanted to change one the other day b/c of the shifting nature of the story. Otherwise, I've never thought about it.

I do know someone who mentioned wanting to delete one of their threads. I told 'em to holla at a mod.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Oh yea it effects me too ECK. Mods aren't immune (except in select forums).

So if anyone needs a title change or something like that be sure to contact a mod in that forum or Super Mod if it's a reasonable request.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
So if anyone needs a title change or something like that be sure to contact a mod in that forum or Super Mod if it's a reasonable request.

As always, thanks for the timely input, RANT.

Rock on Napolian DynOmite!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm glad im not alone...

I posted a thread the other day and had to endure 3 days of ridicule
only because i could not go back in and change the title.
So we all have to be punished because SOME dont follow the rules here?

That taught me a lesson alright.

top topics

join