It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Evidence of The Mandela Effect.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

People with perfect memories are very, very rare, even youngsters.

I do have a crap memory, I can assure you of that - I am good at remembering trivial things and forget important stuff.

So, you reckon that human memory is superior to any computer? You sure about that?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here a fun quiz for you:

ME Memory Test

I am from this timeline, apparently so I am very boringly "un-effected", worse luck.

Let's see where some of you "special" bods are from.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"The Real Evidence of The Mandela Effect" Smells like ******** ... fill in the blank

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

Teen Spirit?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenSkies

I'm not shooting down everything, but the "luke I am your father" one is dead wrong.

I'm 35 now, and I remember correcting people on this misquote 25 years ago. If I'm not mistaken, the mandela effect takes place more recently than that.

Unless I was one of the first to jump universes...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Take the test and see? You might be "Effected" and "Special" because, of course only the "Effected" can understand, not boring straight folk like me.

Another example of ME being false memory is "We are the Champions" by Queen. People swear that the song used to end with "Of the world" when in fact that was only in the chorus.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

So you were born after the theatrical release and you have been calling people out on quoting it wrong since you were around ten years old?
I don't think that should be means to call it dead set wrong.

Maybe it's like that "Laurel/Yanni" crap.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

It was always Beverly Hills Ninja. Great White Ninja, doesn't exactly grab you.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I've always had my doubts about The Mandela Effect, never experienced anything like it myself and never been convinced by anyone else.....but I do try to have an open mind and try not to dismiss things until I've seen definitive proof etc.
However;

I Am Someone Who Has The Knowledge of What Causes The Mandela Effect, How it is Performed, As Well as Understands How To Control It.
I Am A Member of a Secret Bloodline, as Well as Apart of a Secret Society, That Controls This Anomaly.....

At this point whatever credibility you had went out the window.....

a reply to: carewemust

Very few doubt that the Mandela Effect exists.

Err....I doubt it exists.

I don't know anyone in real life who think it exists.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Where is Pearj when you need him (Pearlj as I remember him from my timeline)?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is a topic for which there will be forever two groups that can never meet on common ground. If you are affected by this you have your memories which usually have connecting memories that back it up. An example of this is having your parents or grand parents reading to you the Berenstein Bears and you asking how it's pronounced.

There's not too many ways you can pronounce Berenstain. There's two ways to pronounce Berenstein. There are thousands of people, if you go by comments in just the Woods Between Worlds blog post that started all this. I don't have the post-fu skills to link to that thread that sent me down this particular rabbit hole but if anyone can, please do.

As to the people who use Wikipedia or in fact any web link to "prove" that peoples memories are wrong, well you really don't get how this thing works. That's right up there with using the official 9/11 story put out by the government to prove that nothing really odd happened that day. Project Blue Book proves that UFO's don't exist and everyone who's ever seen one up close and personal is delusional and can't tell the difference between a fast moving object that does 90 degree turns without slowing and Venus.

Body wise I've got a rather personal story to tell. I have a concave chest. It developed after a medical incident when I was 12 years old back in the 80's. It was something that I was very self concious of during pubity. As a result I used to closely examine skeletal models that were available in my high school at that time. I got to know what a sternum looked like intimately.

After High School I also signed up to learn Swedish Massage. This was a year long course where the point was made several times that while massaging the back to not use any striking techniques on the lower back just above the hip bone so you didn't damage the kidneys. Did Kung Fu around the same time and got whacked there (gently) to demonstrate one of the soft points to use on people if push came to shove. Hurt like a mo fo.

All of those kidney points are now irrelevant. You can smack that area to your hearts content and nothing hurts anymore.

As far as my chest goes, the first time I had any idea that my memory was "crap" was watching the TV series 12 Monkeys.

In the first season there was a bone from one of the key time travellers that was gonna be used to stab the earlier one to cause a paradox. I had no idea what that bone was until it was explained. It was the current version of a sternum it it looked completely alien to me. It still does.

Like I said, this is very personal to me. If my memory of these kind of things is wrong, well everything I remember is suspect.

That's disturbing to me, and to say that it shouldn't be at least looked into makes me wonder why I even bother commenting on a conspiracy website.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Mandela Effect is so 2018.

The last 87 threads were also "The Real Evidence of The Mandela Effect".

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

As to the people who use Wikipedia or in fact any web link to "prove" that peoples memories are wrong, well you really don't get how this thing works. That's right up there with using the official 9/11 story put out by the government to prove that nothing really odd happened that day. Project Blue Book proves that UFO's don't exist and everyone who's ever seen one up close and personal is delusional and can't tell the difference between a fast moving object that does 90 degree turns without slowing and Venus.

Are you saying that Wiki, for example, is part of some massive ME cover up?

If someone punches you in the kidneys it does not hurt?

I had a recent CT scan of mine and they were right where they should be. Are yours someplace else, then?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Some of them were "100% Proof", too.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think the “Luke” in “Luke, I am your father” was added by impressionist so people would know who they are trying to impersonate.
If people were just going around saying “I am your father” others probably wouldn’t get the joke.
Who knows though.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Can manipulate reality. Comes on to ATS instead.

Most ME's I think are desperate stretches of spelling and grammar. Though I would like to know how Froot Loops changed to Fruit Loops, then less than a week later, after arguing with several people, changed back. Then to realize it had flip flopped as much as four years before my perceived flip flop. The several trenched in skeptics and my fence riding self, had nothing but confusion to add. I'm still on the fence though.... I didn't record anything, so it may be our brains or something, I can't prove it either way, so for now, an open mind and dogma.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

This should be a very short thread, because there can be no evidence for something that does not exist. All that exists is people's faulty recall and often repeated misquotes.

For example, the Bible always referred to 'the wolf and the lamb':

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

You don't really understand the Mandela Effect Theory. That link will convince nobody and change nothing.

If that were the case we wouldnt even be having any M.E. discussions. They would all be disproven and people would just say "oh, I guess my memory Was wrong...".

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

They would all be disproven and people would just say "oh, I guess my memory Was wrong...".

Indeed, there is no chance of the "Effected" admitting anything of the sort, unfortunately, as has been proven on ATS over and over again.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I think the “Luke” in “Luke, I am your father” was added by impressionist so people would know who they are trying to impersonate.
If people were just going around saying “I am your father” others probably wouldn’t get the joke.
Who knows though.

I agree with this assessment. There are a few MEs that can be explained similarly.

Then there are the Sex And/In The City MEs where if you say the name of the show (which is Sex And The City) without clearly enunciating, itbwill sound like Sex In The City. Just like when someone uses the phrase "want to", it generally comes out sounding like "wanna".

"I wanna fly!" could sound like "I won a fly!"

Same with the Interview With A Vampire M.E. When spoken aloud, people do not pause to enunciate, they let it roll off the tongue like "Interview With The Vampire", and so "With A" becomes "With The" if you arent being careful.

So those are 2 classes of commonly mistaken M.E.s, those based on failure to enunciate, and those, like you mentioned, where an exact line would not necessarily make sense, so it was adapted for "common usage".

I am more than willing to believe that humans are making errors in memory. But, not everything can be so easily explained, in my opinion. Perhaps further explanations await, and perhaps those explanations will be "mundane" as well. Or maybe not.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Always bums me out when I start reading something interesting then all of a sudden “oh by the way, I’m pretty much a warlock and have also uncovered the secrets of the pyramids and have opened up several new senses and can see through walls now. I can’t let you in on it because it’ll be like staring at Medusa’s face for mere mortals”

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join