It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely canNOT reset PC or replace my OS. PLEASE HELP.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm ready to put a bullet through my head...

My laptop (Acer Aspire 8GB RAM 1000GB Hard drive) is full of stuff, been updated a lot, Windows 10 just doing whatever the hell it wants. No matter what fixes I use, none of my Fallout games will work, and the computer is doing EVERYTHING slow.

I tried to restore it to an earlier mode, it gave me an error message.

I tried doing this with command prompt, it gave me error message.

I tried to factory reset it, it gave me an error message.

I tried to download & install Windows 8.1, it gave me an error message.

I tried all this in safe mode, it gave me an error message.

I have tried literally every method of cleaning my laptop and starting over, and no matter what I try, it absolutely REFUSES to work. This laptop has all my books & comics on it (which I have backed up) but I cannot write or draw any more without my laptop working properly, nor can I manage my bank account, market my books, or communicate with anyone. This is absolutely infuriating and I don't know what to do.

I did a scan with malwarebytes yesterday, and it found some PUPs and some Adware. I had it quarantined & removed. I thought the problem was over, but evidently my laptop is just screwed. I'm currently doing a full scan with Windows Defender, and if this yields no fruit, I am absolutely lost.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Have you changed anything in the bios?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

Run superantispyware also.

If you can post those error msg so we can better help.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I'm ready to put a bullet through my head...

Like with a hammer? Better to put it through this thing:

(Acer Aspire 8GB RAM 1000GB Hard drive)

Have you tried CCleaner and used the registry tool?

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Have you tried putting it in some rice?

Kidding can you wipe from the bios without going into command prompt? You'll need a boot disk after that though.

Sometimes do safe mode with networking to initiate Trojan wipe.

Worse comes to worse new hard drive and reinstall OS assuming no other competent are screwed. Sounds like a software issue though.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Nah, I really don't know how or what that means. xD

I'll try that, and I wanted to post screenshots but ATS won't let me use the image manager, even though I've had adblocker disabled for over a month...

Mmmm.... nope. You're speaking a foreign language to me, I'm really bad with technology xD

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I suggest using a DIFFERENT computer (if possible), then download the OS that you have a key for, and create a USB installation stick. You can use Rufus to assist in the creation. Another option is to use Microsoft media creation tool, but I'm not sure if that supports Windows 8.

Rufus
Media Creation Tool

ETA- you can download Win 8.1 ISO HERE , then use media creation tool or Rufus to make the USB stick bootable.

edit on 182019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL I don't think rice is the answer here but I know you are just poking fun.

Gave me a good chuckle though.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Kidding can you wipe from the bios without going into command prompt? You'll need a boot disk after that though.

Worse comes to worse new hard drive and reinstall OS assuming no other competent are screwed. Sounds like a software issue though.

Yeah I've found similar things online, but I really can't wrap my mind around it xD I don't know how to make a boot disk out of a USB, and I don't have a disk drive, so that option's out the window...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

OK

So get both the programs mentioned and run them.
See what you get and get rid of any crap.

I asked someone that is better than I at PC repair to hop on and assist.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I've done that, too. Still gives me error messages.

Something on my computer does NOT want me changing anything about the laptop's current state.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxKonspiracyxX

Nah, I really don't know how or what that means. xD

I'll try that, and I wanted to post screenshots but ATS won't let me use the image manager, even though I've had adblocker disabled for over a month...

Mmmm.... nope. You're speaking a foreign language to me, I'm really bad with technology xD

Well, I think it might be a better idea to take it to someone who knows how to fix it then. Sounds like you may have dug a pretty deep hole that we may not be able to help you out of via the forum.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yeah I've found similar things online, but I really can't wrap my mind around it xD I don't know how to make a boot disk out of a USB, and I don't have a disk drive, so that option's out the window...

Do you want to go to win8 or just start off with a fresh win10? I say reformat and start fresh if everything is backed up. I’ll walk you through the bootable flash drive go to acer’s website and download all the pertinent drivers for your laptop and put them on a separate flash drive and we’ll get ya going.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Also, something else just occurred to me that was strange. After the malwarebytes scan, it listed all the options but they appeared "0 items quarantined" after I specifically tried to quarantine them. But it also gave me the option of deleting the bad programs altogether, so I thought the problem might've been solved.

If it's manipulating malwarebytes into being unable to quarantine threats, I don't know what to do...

I'll try the boost kit thing on USB if I have to, I'm just really afraid to render this thing 100% unusable. That's a lot of novels & mangas & hard work going to waste, because this is my only computer and there aren't any others I could possibly use...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Also, something else just occurred to me that was strange. After the malwarebytes scan, it listed all the options but they appeared "0 items quarantined" after I specifically tried to quarantine them. But it also gave me the option of deleting the bad programs altogether, so I thought the problem might've been solved.

If it's manipulating malwarebytes into being unable to quarantine threats, I don't know what to do...

I'll try the boost kit thing on USB if I have to, I'm just really afraid to render this thing 100% unusable. That's a lot of novels & mangas & hard work going to waste, because this is my only computer and there aren't any others I could possibly use...
Shouldn’t be any problems starting fresh if you have two flash drives one for drivers and one for the OS install. If you want to keep win10 (fresh start though) I can direct you to a program that will recover your CDkey if you don’t have it so you won’t have to buy a new license.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Now is the time to learn.

I have faith in you.

We're gonna teach you to fish today by golly.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Spybot search and destroy..... So 90's but it is still one of my favorites.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hardware might be failing. Not sure how old your computer is, but your hard drive could be taking a dump.

Better back up important files.
edit on 1/8/2019 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Now is the time to learn.

I have faith in you.

We're gonna teach you to fish today by golly.

Godspeed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join