One of my all time favorite tv shows, but very hard to pick an absolute favorite episode, so I will list some of my favorites:
1. Mute - a little girl whose parents raised her as an experiment, teaching her to read minds but not to speak ends up an orphan after a house fire.
She is taken in by a couple whose daughter drowned in a lake. The wife quickly becomes attached to her, and things get complicated when the husband
tries to find relatives for the girl to live with.
2. Valley of the Shadow- a reporter gets lost while on a road trip in New Mexico. He ends up in a small town full of people acting in a very
suspicious manner. His attention is drawn by a beautiful but evasive woman at the hotel, and he soon finds he is being held prisoner by the town to
safeguard their secret.
3. In His Image- an introverted scientist creates a duplicate of himself who is outgoing and friendly. The duplicate even has a girlfriend, however,
something starts to go wrong with his wiring and he ends up back in the very laboratory where he was 'born' confronting the scientist who made him.
4. Third From the Sun- two scientists at a missile plant hatch a scheme to get their families into a spaceship to leave their planet after finding out
there is shortly to be a war which would obliterate life as they know it.
5. The Chaser- a man in love buys a magic potion to get the object of his affection to love him in return.
6. Two - 2 soldiers, one male, one female, find themselves in a deserted town after the war ends. But one of them was with the invaders, the other
with the invaded!
7. Midnight Sun- 2 women try to endure the end of the world together as the Earth moves closer and closer to the sun.
8. A Piano in the House- a critic buys a player piano as a gift for his wife's birthday. When he finds out the music played by the piano causes people
to lose control, he decides to play a variety of music at his wife's birthday party to have some devilish fun with the guests.
9. Come Wander with me- Floyd "rock-a-billy boy" Burney goes to the back woods of Appalachia to find old songs he can record for his act. A solemn
woman in the woods shares her song with him, but it turns out to be a rather sad song.
10. The Hitch-hiker- a woman driving cross country becomes increasingly disturbed when she sees the same gray, shabby hitch-hiker beckoning her for a
ride in every town where she stops for food or gas.
Whew! It wasn't even easy to pick 10 episodes.
a reply to: TerryMcGuire