It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think the 1969 moon landings were done in a movie studio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Because the tech to stay on the moon long term didn't exist then. It doesn't exist now, although we're pretty close. Apollo was designed to stay a short period and return, which we're quite capable of doing and were quite capable of doing then. Staying is a much more difficult task that will take a lot of money, and a lot of technology still in development.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The funny thing is:

Over the years here on ATS, we've had so many that show up with "The Proof" that we never went to the Moon.....only to get their "proof" debunked and trashed.....some times rather quickly. Over and over and over and over.

There is a really good reason why we place threads like this in Skunk Works: The evidence we went is overwhelming, while actual evidence that it was faked is almost non-existent and pretty much ends up being people trying to change the evidence to fit their Moon Landing Hoax Hypothesis instead (which is not how you do Science).

We do have some die hards around here still that tend to troll the threads, but by the end of the day the results are always the same: Moon Hoaxing Debunked.

It alway boils down to this:

We had the tech to go. We did NOT have the tech to fake it properly.
It was easier to actually go, but would have been much harder to fake it.
It would have been impossible to keep secret, especially from other countries like the Soviet Union, who would have gladly screamed their heads off that we faked it....but they didn't because we didn't fake it.

Risk of failure was always a possibility. Failure would have been demoralizing to the US citizens at the time.
However: The risk of getting caught faking it would have been hundreds of times worse. Not only would the US lost face with every country on the face of this planet, but with it's own citizens.

Better to make dead heroes.......than to be caught lying and faking.

I know that last part is hard to believe, especially in today's world where we are lied to all the time by our government and politicians.

Back then however, it was a much different place.

If it was too hard to go to the Moon for real......then why did the Soviets try so hard? People should stop and go take a look at their records, film and video that became available after the fall of the Soviet Union. They did try, very, very hard and damn near beat us there.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Who invited the air plane? The military? Who was lead in early liquid rockets? Did the military invent the TV?

And most times, leading civilian scholars publish extensively the theories before the military utilizes the knowledge. Is that false?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Over the years here on ATS, we've had so many that show up with "The Proof" that we never went to the Moon.....only to get their "proof" debunked and trashed.

Like what? Do you have an actual example?
edit on 26-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Ok.
I could show you the Blue Link. You click on it and you will simply say "ah hah! I knew it couldn't be true" and then you can go about your life, confident that you are safe and in control.

Or...

I could show you the Red Link. You will have your eyes opened, but be warned - Once your eyes have been opened they can never close again.

Choose wisely

edit on 26-12-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

So you cannot create a credible argument the moon landing were broadcasted from a studio?

And you do not have credible evidence the moon landings were a hoax.

And you cannot debunk any cited proof in this thread the moon landings were real.

edit on 26-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My question is not in the moon landing... the question to me is the footage. With all the money spent I think they felt obligated to have some videos to show the public.

A few things that give me doubt is that with all the radiation.... even the best kodak film doesnt like to be exposed to it.

I have seen a nice full moon...... and I would think a full Earth, would be about 4x the size of a full moon and really fill the sky nicely.

and when the lander landed..... it just seems it should have made a big mess... not to mention a good size hole in the ground.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Again, just for you.

Third-party evidence for Apollo Moon landings

en.m.wikipedia.org...

program.

Chandrayaan-1 Edit
As with SELENE, the Terrain Mapping Camera of India's Chandrayaan-1 probe did not have enough resolution to record Apollo hardware. Nevertheless, as with SELENE, Chandrayaan-1 independently recorded evidence of lighter, disturbed soil around the Apollo 15 site.[2][3]

Chang'e 2 Edit
China's second lunar probe, Chang'e 2, which was launched in 2010 is capable of capturing lunar surface images with a resolution of up to 1.3 metres. It claims to have spotted traces of the Apollo landings, though the relevant imagery has not been publicly identified.[4]

Apollo missions tracked by independent parties Edit
Aside from NASA, a number of entities and individuals observed, through various means, the Apollo missions as they took place. On later missions, NASA released information to the public explaining where third party observers could expect to see the various craft at specific times according to scheduled launch times and planned trajectories.[5]

Observers of all missions Edit
The Soviet Union monitored the missions at their Space Transmissions Corps, which was "fully equipped with the latest intelligence-gathering and surveillance equipment."[6] Vasily Mishin, in an interview for the article "The Moon Programme That Faltered," describes how the Soviet Moon programme dwindled after the Apollo landing.[7]

The missions were tracked by radar from several countries on the way to the Moon and back.[8]

Kettering Grammar School Edit
A group at Kettering Grammar School, using simple radio equipment, monitored Soviet and U.S. spacecraft and calculated their orbits.[9][10] According to the group, in December 1972 a member "picks up Apollo 17 on its way to the Moon".[11]

Apollo 8 Edit
Main article: Apollo 8
On December 21, 1968, at 18:00 UT, amateur astronomers (H.R. Hatfield, M.J. Hendrie, F. Kent, Alan Heath, and M.J. Oates) in the UK photographed a fuel dump from the jettisoned S-IVB third rocket stage.[5]
Pic du Midi Observatory (in the French Pyrenees); the Catalina Station of the Lunar and Planetary Laboratory (University of Arizona); Corralitos Observatory, New Mexico, then operated by Northwestern University; McDonald Observatory of the University of Texas; and Lick Observatory of the University of California all filed reports of observations.[5]
Dr. Michael Moutsoulas at Pic du Midi Observatory reported an initial sighting around 17:10 UT on December 21 with the 1.1-metre reflector as an object (magnitude near 10, through clouds) moving eastward near the predicted location of Apollo 8. He used a 60-cm refractor telescope to observe a cluster of objects which were obscured by the appearance of a nebulous cloud at a time which matches a firing of the service module engine to assure adequate separation from the S-IVB. This event can be traced with the Apollo 8 Flight Journal, noting that launch was at 0751 EST or 12:51 UT on December 21.[5]
Justus Dunlap and others at Corralitos Observatory (then operated by Northwestern University) obtained over 400 short-exposure intensified images, giving very accurate locations for the spacecraft.[5]
The 2.1m Otto Struve Telescope at McDonald Observatory, from 01:50–2:37 UT on December 23, observed the brightest object flashing as bright as magnitude 15, with the flash pattern recurring about once a minute.[5]
The Lick Observatory observations during the return coast to Earth produced live television pictures broadcast to United States west coast viewers via KQED-TV in San Francisco.[5]
An article in the March 1969 issue of Sky & Telescope contained many reports of optical tracking of Apollo 8.[5]
The first post-launch sightings were from the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) station on Maui.[5] Many in Hawaii observed the trans-lunar injection burn near 15:44 UT on December 21.[12]

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Sorry, not buying it. It defies logic.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
wow you been a moderator since 2012 i found this site 2008 , why would the owner of a site publish a book siting facts read aloud in military installation and it gets erased. so all the people who work in tv and radio for new york and one conneticut station cant keep a secret when requested by government?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In answer to your title, I think you are wrong. I actually watched the moon landing when it happened in July of 69. I had friends and relatives that worked on the various projects supporting the Apollo program. The entire world was on the edge of their seats. Flower Children were taking drugs and having sex in public, Fundamentalist Preachers were proclaiming the end of the world, my cousin was dying in Vietnam. It was a hell of a time. I lived it and I don’t think anything was faked.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RedRobbin
If you look at all the physics of getting a craft both to and from the moon.
If it seems plausible after really checking out that it is, then maybe it happrned.

Why not I say?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedRobbin
wow you been a moderator since 2012 i found this site 2008 , why would the owner of a site publish a book siting facts read aloud in military installation and it gets erased. so all the people who work in tv and radio for new york and one conneticut station cant keep a secret when requested by government?

Can you cite actual evidence the broadcasted lunar landings were from a studio, or not?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Sorry, not buying it. It defies logic.

Defies what logic? A biased fantasy the moon landings were a hoax based only on innuendo. With no evidence worthy of quoting?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The moon landing was one of the most successful world-wide psyops ever created.
Mass brainwashing. Those that were young and gullible were hooked harder than any religion could do.
Imagine if the internet was alive and well back then?

9/11 was a similar world-wide mass brainwashing campaign. It worked very successfully on some - the young and gullible. The true believers.

Sorry, a pressurized tin can did not go to the moon, land, play a round of golf, and then take off and land back on earth in the 1960s. Come on man! Get Fing Real.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I posted this. Can you debunk it or not?

Third-party evidence for Apollo Moon landings
en.m.wikipedia.org...

program.

Chandrayaan-1 Edit
As with SELENE, the Terrain Mapping Camera of India's Chandrayaan-1 probe did not have enough resolution to record Apollo hardware. Nevertheless, as with SELENE, Chandrayaan-1 independently recorded evidence of lighter, disturbed soil around the Apollo 15 site.[2][3]

Chang'e 2 Edit
China's second lunar probe, Chang'e 2, which was launched in 2010 is capable of capturing lunar surface images with a resolution of up to 1.3 metres. It claims to have spotted traces of the Apollo landings, though the relevant imagery has not been publicly identified.[4]

Apollo missions tracked by independent parties Edit
Aside from NASA, a number of entities and individuals observed, through various means, the Apollo missions as they took place. On later missions, NASA released information to the public explaining where third party observers could expect to see the various craft at specific times according to scheduled launch times and planned trajectories.[5]

Observers of all missions Edit
The Soviet Union monitored the missions at their Space Transmissions Corps, which was "fully equipped with the latest intelligence-gathering and surveillance equipment."[6] Vasily Mishin, in an interview for the article "The Moon Programme That Faltered," describes how the Soviet Moon programme dwindled after the Apollo landing.[7]

The missions were tracked by radar from several countries on the way to the Moon and back.[8]

Kettering Grammar School Edit
A group at Kettering Grammar School, using simple radio equipment, monitored Soviet and U.S. spacecraft and calculated their orbits.[9][10] According to the group, in December 1972 a member "picks up Apollo 17 on its way to the Moon".[11]

Apollo 8 Edit
Main article: Apollo 8
On December 21, 1968, at 18:00 UT, amateur astronomers (H.R. Hatfield, M.J. Hendrie, F. Kent, Alan Heath, and M.J. Oates) in the UK photographed a fuel dump from the jettisoned S-IVB third rocket stage.[5]
Pic du Midi Observatory (in the French Pyrenees); the Catalina Station of the Lunar and Planetary Laboratory (University of Arizona); Corralitos Observatory, New Mexico, then operated by Northwestern University; McDonald Observatory of the University of Texas; and Lick Observatory of the University of California all filed reports of observations.[5]
Dr. Michael Moutsoulas at Pic du Midi Observatory reported an initial sighting around 17:10 UT on December 21 with the 1.1-metre reflector as an object (magnitude near 10, through clouds) moving eastward near the predicted location of Apollo 8. He used a 60-cm refractor telescope to observe a cluster of objects which were obscured by the appearance of a nebulous cloud at a time which matches a firing of the service module engine to assure adequate separation from the S-IVB. This event can be traced with the Apollo 8 Flight Journal, noting that launch was at 0751 EST or 12:51 UT on December 21.[5]
Justus Dunlap and others at Corralitos Observatory (then operated by Northwestern University) obtained over 400 short-exposure intensified images, giving very accurate locations for the spacecraft.[5]
The 2.1m Otto Struve Telescope at McDonald Observatory, from 01:50–2:37 UT on December 23, observed the brightest object flashing as bright as magnitude 15, with the flash pattern recurring about once a minute.[5]
The Lick Observatory observations during the return coast to Earth produced live television pictures broadcast to United States west coast viewers via KQED-TV in San Francisco.[5]
An article in the March 1969 issue of Sky & Telescope contained many reports of optical tracking of Apollo 8.[5]
The first post-launch sightings were from the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) station on Maui.[5] Many in Hawaii observed the trans-lunar injection burn near 15:44 UT on December 21.[12]

Or do you just have rants based only on innuendo?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The reason we can't get to the moon today is because we no longer have those 3 ladies to do all our math for us.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i cant find above tops secrets book looked everywhere. it should be able to see pics of it online. i am not making this up. i choose skunk works cause it was an opinion . i will continue to look for book. remember how big the first computers were in what the 70s the size of a room.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You can only make an emotional appeal? You have nothing based on a actual science or fact?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RedRobbin

Can you cite any actual evidence the moon landings were broadcasted from a studio.

Why were actual broadcasts triangulated by other countries from space?
edit on 26-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixec

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join