It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My back was soaked in blood - Scars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't have much in the line of scars. I do have one between my eyes on my nose and one on my forehead. My sister supposedly stabbed me with a fork when I was a week old, I had some sort of birthmark people were always paying attention to on my forehead and she got jealous of me so decided to go after the mark on my forehead with a fork. The doctor removed the birthmark telling my parents that since it was damaged it might as well go. Rats, lost my third eye when I was a week old. This is the story my mother told me anyway. I believe it is true. I suppose my older sister did me a favor, I could imagine what the kids would have said in school if I had a permanent bindi on my forehead. So, the scar looks like a Shin or sin symbol, aramatic style. The scar on my nose looks like some holes going sideways.

My sister and I are close in age. When we were young like 8 & 10, we got in a huge fight. And when I say fight, I mean fights, hair pulled and all. She ended up slicing the outer corner of where my eyelid meet with her nail, which of course looked horrible.
My mom was terrorfied what people would think so she had me makeup a crazy story about it, like I fell on my face! LOL
I still have the scar but since it's at the corner of my eye it is very difficult to see.

Not as good as your fork story, but man those evil sister, I tell ya!

She was two at the time, there is a saying of the terrible twos.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Fools

When I was 15 I worked at Red Lobster, where I witnessed the stupidest injury I think I have ever seen.......even after later going through the military.....

The "chef" was teaching a new guy how to kill and cook a live lobster........

Then, you did so by placing the butcher knife on its back and plunge the knife down, at least thats how they did it there.....

Well this new guy did that, but while holding the lobster and before the Chef could stop him......Needless to say butcher knives are very sharp and pointy.....

With a look of total shock and disbelief on both their parts, the new guy plunged the knife through the lobster AND his hand to the hilt......knife cleanly impaling them both.....it was pretty much mouth agape by everyone around....

There was a quick "you stupid F^(& and a mad rush for towels......never saw the guy again lol

Wow, I can't even imagine that one for some reason. I just can't see how dumb someone could be and then yet I can....

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have too many to mention so I won't bother.

I look at my body kind of like a notepad.
When I die,someone will look at my body and say...this crazy asshole must have had one hell of a life and did A LOT of living.

Drums!!!! Haha yea you have a crazy yet fun life. Hope you're doing well. Merry Christmas!

I have one scar on my forehead. It's from an abusive relationship where he pushed me into a cabinet. I needed staples. Yea I just look at it now as a reminder of what I will never put up with in a relationship again. That was 14 years ago....

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Okay, I'll play.

Too many scars to mention, but a couple stand out (memory wise). One I get reminded of every time I get a haircut. It's a scar which runs diagonally from my temple to the top of the back of my head. Got scalped by the roof of a Toyota pickup truck when I went end over end about 4 times in a wreck. Took (3) surgeries and 750 stitches to fix that one. Smashed my left hand putting it through the dashboard in the same crash (bones hanging out...they said I'd never type again...type 65wpm now). Spent a couple weeks in ICU on that deal (14 broken ribs, bruised heart, dislocated elbow and a ruptured spleen). Tore the seat belt clean out of the mounting where it bolted into the floor, and bent the steering wheel around the column like a taco.

The other one is a vertical scar on the bridge of my nose by my eye. Was cutting down a 100 foot standing dead pine tree in an area where there'd been an oilfield blowout. It was getting late, already dark, and I was in a hurry. Made numerous potentially fatal mistakes in my haste, and they all ganged up on me and nearly cost me big. Wedged the tree and was making the back-cut when the stump blew out. Tree was coming my way, and I tripped and fell down (didn't cut an escape route - mistake #25). Was laying on my back struggling to get up all while watching the tree come down on top of me. Got up partially, and hooked my boot in some cut limbs (mistake #97) and fell back down again. Tree fell right on top of me! If it wouldn't have been for two logs I'd fallen in between that tree would have crushed me. I was young and crazy...and mad, so I got up, picked up my chainsaw and cut up the tree. We loaded it on a trailer and both me and my buddy headed for the bar in town.

Epilogue - Heh, walked in the back door of the bar and up to the bar when this gal on the other side of the bar let out this blood curdling scream pointing my general direction and then promptly barfed. Bartender spun around and sort of gasped and said I probably should go to the bathroom and look in the mirror (which I did). My entire face and shirt was completely covered in blood (I thought it was just sweat), and I had about a 1" diameter piece of a broken branch sticking out of my face right between my eyes! Never felt a thing when it happened, the adrenaline of the tree falling on me must have made me not even notice it. It was dark, and my buddy's truck didn't have a dome light, so he never saw it either.

I still feel sorry for that poor gal. Must have looked like Jack the Ripper / Frankenstein walked in the door that night!

Merry Christmas and OMG on both accounts, lost a cousin, damn good man, he was on his hunting property and he would routinely walkthrough check for dead trees and push them over, to remove hazards when hunting. Had done this,hundreds of time big trees small trees. This time it was about a 40 ft pine and it broke in two and the top half came zooming down. According to his in laws Barry saw this was getting out of the way but tripped. A section hit him in the back as he facing the the ground and jammed a piece of wood through his forehead. His son an EMT was able to give him CPR on scene but the damage was to severe , he ultimately passed about month later.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Your old boss is an evil bastard. I am sad you went through this and nobody helped you. BTW Merry Christmas!!

edit on 25-12-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was filtering a table top fryer. You have to pull the heatin element up and it locks in place to let you pull the fryer up and dump the grease. This time it didnt lock in place. The heating coils dropped down splashing the 300 degree grease all over me. That was a month ago.

Now we filter the fryers cold..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join