It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My back was soaked in blood - Scars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Scars,
Everyone has them, some more impressive than others. Some are physical scars and some are mental.

Mine is both.
I have a giant scar slashed across my back. I should make up some kind of story about fighting off a bear or, illegal underground fighting, but the truth is
it's was a job accident. I was 15 and worked in a restaurant. Someone spilled water on the floor and didn't clean it. I slipped and my back caught
the corner of the stainless steel counter. It cut me deep all the way down in a perfect slash. My back was soaked in blood.

It gets worse. My boss would not let me go home to seek medical care. So there I was serving food all day long with a huge gouge out of my back and a blood soaked white work shirt. I was very naive, dumb, inexperienced. When I think back about what happened I still to this day get mad at myself. I wonder about all the adults that saw me in that shirt and did nothing. That was truly a learning experience for me in my younger years! I am actually glad it happened when I was that age, I never let work take advantage of my health again. That scar taught me to stand up for myself, nobody else was going to do it.

So let's hear it, what is your scar?
edit on 23-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hmmmmm well I will tell the story of how my bottom lip was literally split in half.

When I was 22 I was at a huge party with friends at OU. Needless to say we got super wasted and broke into another frat to take a dump in each room. Well apparently I decided to take a shower and slipped in it and one of my teeth literally ripped my lip in half!
I was knocked out and concussed on the floor naked. Woke up on the ground in blood with EMT in the bathroom!

Kinda a sad and funny story.

ETA... please read and forget this one....not a fun one to remember lol

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

RN/Firefighter/Paramedic...
7 lower backs 6 inches of scar

2 necks
One of the necks was a tumor removal.. but the other was work related.

Tibial plateau fractured.. two 6 inch scars.

What do you want to know😊
edit on 23-12-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

ohhhhhhhh that was a deep one, do tell!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Damn man those are nasty...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Normal wear and tear after 20+ years of service. 😊
I never was burned in a fire... Never fell through a roof. This is standard body beatings.

Though I taught for longer.

Some jobs are hell on our bodies. This is why I respect the Mechanics, garbage collectors, chefs and day care workers all the same...
Make sure to say thank you every now and then.

Edit: sorry.. those pics are rather disgusting.. bleghghghkkkkss😝😝😝

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

In respect to those that protect I never not say thanks.
First responders have earned the upmost respect in my book.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

🤗
Make sure the poor kid bagging your groceries get a thanks too🤗

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I have a thin, faint scar that runs diagonally from the center rear to the right frontal area of my skull. I first noticed when I shaved my head a few years back, as did my doctor. No recollection whatsoever of how I got it, either. A childhood escapade, I guess. I have a faint round bump with a circular on my forehead, from when a neighborhood kid hit me with a hammer when I was three. No recollection of that one either...though I'm told it was one of several childhood misadventures that ended with my Mom and me in the emergency room.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Damn ... reminds me of a friend who got run over by an NYC cab .... on two separate occasions.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

How rude of me!

You suffered a nasty injury. I know It most definitely had to hurt... and you got denide!
If I was the Responder to your injury. I probably would and have in the past...
HAULED OFF ON YOUR BOSS!

You are in the right to complain.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sticks, stones and rugby will break your bones ... but frat boy pranks can seriously f*** you up! Glad you're still with us...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have a small scar inside my ear, 5 of the most painful stitches I've ever had, I almost lost the ear so really I should be thankful.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I have too many to mention so I won't bother.

I look at my body kind of like a notepad.
When I die,someone will look at my body and say...this crazy asshole must have had one hell of a life and did A LOT of living.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

Sticks, stones and rugby will break your bones ... but frat boy pranks can seriously f*** you up! Glad you're still with us...

Ya I’m glad and surprised I survived those days.

Never doing that again...

Though I am going to take a vacation to see the old homies early next year so........

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

I have a thin, faint scar that runs diagonally from the center rear to the right frontal area of my skull. I first noticed when I shaved my head a few years back, as did my doctor. No recollection whatsoever of how I got it, either. A childhood escapade, I guess.

Do you not remember the abduction?? or the probing!!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Trampoline, 5 years old, with my twin brother. We were getting pretty rowdy and I was in a jump on the way up and he was on the way down and we were too close. His chin banged into my head. I got stitches in the top of my head, he got stitches in his chin. My scar creates a cowlick in my hair 😡

Stitches in my chin a few years later from slipping while climbing up the monkey bars. Banged my chin going down.

As an adult, got stitches INSIDE my nose. Will never forget that GIANT needle filled with numbing agent coming at my face, getting larger and larger in view. My husband said I pratcially squeezed his hands off as that one went in.

We had been visiting his dad, and he had several badly behaved and possessive blue heelers who had a very strong heeler instinct. Our son was about 2, and I saw one of the dogs eyeing him and then head towards him. I swooped down to pick him up and the dog bit my face. It's teeth sank down inside my nose, on the cartilage part in the center.

Several years later, our son was 5 or 6 and we were separated, and my ex took our kiddo to visit his dad. I begged him-please, watch out for those dogs! Guess what? That SAME dog bit my baby boy on his lip. He had to get stitches.

Not really anything crazy in my scar stories, unlike some here! This thread is crazy.

OP, I can't believe those asshole adults who let you work with a bloody back! What was WRONG with them?! Can you imagine that happening today? The rest. owner would get sued for allowing blood around food all day, for starters.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have many scars...lucky most have faded with time.

I do remember how I got one scar that is/was on my back. One of my cousins bit me when I was a baby until it drew blood. That one has faded quite a bit..lol.

The other one I remember I got from a car accident.

The rest, well, I'm sure I was messing around with something I shouldn't have been. Can't help it though, I'm a very curious person.

blend

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

As an adult, got stitches INSIDE my nose.

Can I just say Owwwwwwwwwwweeeee!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

broke into another frat to take a dump in each room.

Did everyone skip over this part!!!!!!

Sometimes Karma works REAL fast! LOLOLOLOL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join