It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My back was soaked in blood - Scars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Allaroundyou

broke into another frat to take a dump in each room.

Did everyone skip over this part!!!!!!

Sometimes Karma works REAL fast! LOLOLOLOL

Do you want the truth or the lie?!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

College kids are so dumb, so so dumb.
My friends and I had a fireworks war with each other, we shot fireworks at each others faces in college.
I don't know how, but NONE of us got hurt!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Do you not remember the abduction?? or the probing!!

Not really...
I do remember seeing stars on a few occasions ... on the playground and the football field ... does that mean I'm an abductee?!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

College kids are so dumb, so so dumb.
My friends and I had a fireworks war with each other, we shot fireworks at each others faces in college.
I don't know how, but NONE of us got hurt!

Hahaha you just reminded me of another story that involved fireworks!
Unfortunately I can’t share here..... no dead people but many broken laws LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't have much in the line of scars. I do have one between my eyes on my nose and one on my forehead. My sister supposedly stabbed me with a fork when I was a week old, I had some sort of birthmark people were always paying attention to on my forehead and she got jealous of me so decided to go after the mark on my forehead with a fork. The doctor removed the birthmark telling my parents that since it was damaged it might as well go. Rats, lost my third eye when I was a week old. This is the story my mother told me anyway. I believe it is true. I suppose my older sister did me a favor, I could imagine what the kids would have said in school if I had a permanent bindi on my forehead. So, the scar looks like a Shin or sin symbol, aramatic style. The scar on my nose looks like some holes going sideways.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Check your PM for that story!

And if you ever want to read other super stupid stories just ask. I’m sure I can wright a book better than Tucker Max.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

And if you ever want to read other super stupid stories just ask. I’m sure I can wright a book better than Tucker Max.

That's pretty funny. Our firework "war" was in business office park at midnight. As you can imagine cops were called but we were quick and got out of there. No damage was done, but looking back, we were really lucky!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

That's pretty funny. Our firework "war" was in business office park at midnight. As you can imagine cops were called but we were quick and got out of there. No damage was done, but looking back, we were really lucky!

I really don’t like those that try to one up a story but I will make an exception ATM. I did start a fire.....

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I really don’t like those that try to one up a story but I will make an exception ATM. I did start a fire.....

You win! That's crazy!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You win! That's crazy!

Ya and dumb as F#.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So let's hear it, what is your scar?

Bad things happen to us sometimes, and when we're young and somewhat resilient, those bad things can really end up working more good in us than anyone who has not experienced such could understand.

From about 18 years of age, I worked in an organization that was run by a control freak. People who didn't know the guy thought he hung the moon. When you got to working close to him, you realized that he was a probably a sociopath; most definitely a manipulator and a compulsive liar. Well, I say "When you got to working close to him...", but truth be told, many who worked close to him took years to realize it and some still don't. At any rate, I caught on quickly. He was one of the most insecure men I've ever met, but was one of those who covers his insecurity by playing big and loud and intimidating.

In my immaturity, my youth, my inexperience, I put up with a lot then that I would not now. It was difficult, often painful. Now, however, I am convinced that I am a better man for it. For one, I am much more aware of that kind of person now. I have, on occasion, spotted those personality types and called them out. I've had people call me down for saying things about others in whom I saw those characteristics, only to have those people come to me later to apologize for doubting me and to affirm that I was correct.

We can whine about the bad things that happened, or we can make them part of the tapestry of our lives and allow them to add to the uniqueness and beauty of the patter that make us who we are. It sounds like you, JAGStorm, have done the latter. Kudos!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I think I can read in between your lines, or I have a wild imagination.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: incoserv

I think I can read in between your lines, or I have a wild imagination.

It'd take a wild imagination to outdo some of the crap we (my wife and I) endured. I could add that I am probably a better leader, a better man, for the experience.

Sadly, that relationship was in the context of a Christian ministry. Yeah, it happens. Sometimes people lack discernment, get caught up in emotionalism. But i am grateful for even the bad that I experienced as can clearly see that it has even made me a more compassionate, more thoughtful and better minister.

I do have a few physical scars; horse wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, stupidity. But the scars left by those experiences are not visible. However, I cherish them. I hold them dear. They are precious to me. They are lessons hard earned, well won, and they are part of my story, my history, of what makes me who and what I am.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That sounds like it would hurt.

In a basement fire when I was 3, 3rd degree burns on both legs up to back of my thighs

age 7 broken nose 6 stitches, got too close to a golfer's back swing.

age 9 taking care of an injured pet, our dog bit forehead top of my head 18 stitches

age 12 horsing around at school, somehow stick punctures left ear drum,

age 12 fall running down a country road fell, gouge out a cut in my arm another 12 stitches

age 13 crash riding my motor cycle, amputate right thumb to the first knuckle. too many to count..

age 14 playing football in gym class catch pass run for 15 yards, slip and cut back right thigh 24 stitches.

age 35 throwing away an old sofa, smash my right thumb on dumpster with the sofa, its in the middle of no where. Its about an inch long gash, but was able crazy glue it shut. Doctor looking at it the next day said it would have taken 7-8 stitches.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Sounds like it is your destiny not to have a right thumb!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Sounds like it is your destiny not to have a right thumb!

LOL seriously lol and it wasnt the original, the re attachment didnt work it was to damaged. They made a thumb from my hip bone and skin grafts. So when I smashed it all these years later top half was numb but the lower half hurt like hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

~sigh~... I'll go for it. Top to bottom?

Large triangular scar on the scalp... brained by my brother with a rock.

Half-moon scar on my forehead... 1/2 inch socket coming off of an impact gun at high speed.

Small round scar right between my eyes... shot by brother with a pellet gun (revenge shot... I stabbed him the week before with a knitting needle... more on that later!)

Small scars at the base of my jawline... jaw wired shut... fell out of top of barn face-first into a concrete horse trough. Worst hide and seek ending ever...

Half-crescent scar on lower right neck... exactly the size of a broken beer bottle.

Scar on the right collar bone where they put the metal in.

Scar on my left upper shoulder, front and back... shot.

Scar on my right inner elbow... knife.

Nice patch of scarring below my left breast.. same broken beer bottle.

A 4inch scar on inner left upper arm... bullet graze.

Puncture scar on right upper hip... sharpened rebar.

Surgical scars on both sides of lower abdomen... double hernia surgery.

5 inch scar, lower spine... L5-S1 surgery with titanium pins, rods and a bone cage built.

Smaller scar, upper right hip.. bone graft for said surgery.

Punctures, lower right back... ran into the house one day as a child (remember Mork from Ork?) and flipped backwards onto the couch, impaling myself on mom's knitting needles. (One of which ended up in my brother... he was laughing so hard at me running around with knitting needles stuck in my back with the knitting unraveling as I ran.)

Left knee scarring, multiple surgeries from fixing torn tendons (Stepped of the back of a Deuce and a Half once and my foot caught in the tailgate handle as I went down.)

Series of scars across shins... ex husband found out that you can paper cut a person and pour lime juice on it and the skin just peels back like parchment. Also minor scarring from rope around my ankles and wrists, the same timeframe.

Left ankle, various scars... won a game of chicken on a YZ-100. (The other guy lost his spleen... I won!)

I can't count the ones on my hands because there are too many and I honestly don't remember them except for the time they had to pin up my metacarpals.

Some of them I have taken the time to tattoo (my lower back one I had made into a centipede, for instance) and others are just part of who I am.

Physical scars are just milestones in your life. Something to remember the time by.

I'd much rather be scarred physically than mentally.

Those scars you can't really put makeup over or ignore.

edit on 23-12-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Most of mine are mental or self inflicted, but I do have scars with a funny backstories.

When I was nine my father in all his wisdom handed me a little python, it was cute so i played with it, then it bit my right middle finger and I freaked, flinging it into to canopy of a tree and out of sight. I'm pretty sure i'm still the undisputed snake flinging champion.

A few years later I was rough housing with the family dog when it's head suddenly snapped around and impaled my top lip, I should have put a sleeper in the whole because it's not everyday you get a free lip piercing.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Series of scars across shins... ex husband found out that you can paper cut a person and pour lime juice on it and the skin just peels back like parchment. Also minor scarring from rope around my ankles and wrists, the same timeframe.

??????????
??????????????????

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have scars, but they are within. Deep inside, at my soul. They are not a point of pride for demons gave them to me, loved ones, acquaintances. And so I hide them from the world, with a smile and a laugh, because no one looks too deep then.

Except now, lol.

*furrowed brow*

edit on 23-12-2018 by gallop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join