It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Boxing again Ruled by Crooked Gamblers ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Earlier in the day I was talking to a neighbor sports fan about the upcoming two title fights to be broadcast live on the Fox network
- He said much of boxing is rigged - I was incredulous, having been a boxing fan for many years, and yes I saw some decisions that
might be questionable - but none to make me think the sport was crooked - With decisions bought and paid for
- Until tonight.......

The fight:
"Jermell Charlo (31-0-0, 15 KOs) defends his WBC World super welterweight title vs. Tony Harrison (27-2-0, 21 KOs)".

Did you see the fight? - One of the most one sided fights, dominated by Charlo, I've ever seen - with the Fox sports announcers saying the
same thing throughout the fight - Charlo won almost every round, no matter how you looked at it - And the statistics at the end ot the
fight showed the obvious winning by Charlo.

Guess what?
The Judges gave the fight by unanimous decision to Harrison!

FOUL FOUL, FOUL

A bought and paid for fight decision is an affront to boxing, to all sports - And an affront to the United States and sports fans everywhere.

I thought they cleaned up boxing years ago - what has happened? - The fight took place in Brooklyn, NY - I guess the spirits of the old
crooked gambler/fixers die hard - Was it their ghosts that rigged this fight decision

I guess a crooked ghost is hard to stop!
edit on 22-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Again?

It has always been run by Gangsters.

Always.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Boxing has always been influenced by crooked gamblers. Same thing is true with many sporting events.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Money rules all man, sorry.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I thought Harrison landed the better shots, albeit fewer and at a lesser percentage... I thought the 2nd Charlo got beat up worse than the first one and he got a UD victory.

Surprised to see a cash cow have the belt taken from him like that. Of course there is a tremendous amount of politics (money) behind the scenes.

I have Hurd walking both the twins down after tonight's performances. I then have Spence cutting Hurd in half and coming out with all the belts.
edit on 23-12-2018 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Most of what you see on TV is fake and stages. Stop paying for it and most importantly stop watching it.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thai kick boxing is all staged for profit and to keep the fighters in business and of course their managers.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Most of what you see on TV is fake and stages. Stop paying for it and most importantly stop watching it.

The world series is fake,the superbowl is fake,hockey is fake, etc etc??

Professional wrestling has more truth and clarity than your post does.

As far as boxing is concerned,you can see from the judging just in this last year,that it is as corrupt as Washington.
If you want a fair outcome,you have to knock someone out or the judges will screw you.

The match ups in some fights don't even make sense sometimes and that should be a big clue right there.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: SR1TX

The world series is fake,the superbowl is fake,hockey is fake, etc etc??

Professional wrestling has more truth and clarity than your post does.

As far as boxing is concerned,you can see from the judging just in this last year,that it is as corrupt as Washington.
If you want a fair outcome,you have to knock someone out or the judges will screw you.

The match ups in some fights don't even make sense sometimes and that should be a big clue right there.

It also happen here in Japan with sumo wrestling. It was very big and I mean very big news. Sumo lost its TV program with NHK, now that tells you about corruption. but now all is well and sumo continues

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

The Yakuza has their pinkyless hand in a lot of things.

Gangsters and corruption....no surprise.

edit on 23-12-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Boxing is a world sport. Not a U.S. sport.

Just thought i would correct that.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"The broadcasters on the Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox -- former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis and famed trainer Joe Goossen -- strongly disagreed with the result, as did Larry Hazzard Sr., the Fox unofficial scorer, who had Charlo winning 117-111. ESPN.com also had it 117-111 for Charlo."
Quote source:
www.espn.com...

A CROOKED RULING, IS A CROOKED RULING, IS A CROOKED RULING

No excuse is good enough - It was obvious who won that fight.

Next question, is boxing dead
Or will it become like professional wrestling - not a sport at all

edit on 23-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
"The broadcasters on the Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox -- former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis and famed trainer Joe Goossen -- strongly disagreed with the result, as did Larry Hazzard Sr., the Fox unofficial scorer, who had Charlo winning 117-111. ESPN.com also had it 117-111 for Charlo."
Quote source:
www.espn.com...

A CROOKED RULING, IS A CROOKED RULING, IS A CROOKED RULING

No excuse is good enough - It was obvious who won that fight.

Next question, is boxing dead
Or will it become like professional wrestling - not a sport at all

It will be about rating in the entertainment part of TV. In Japan , sumo is big, but it has died down a lot due the matches being "well you know what I mean". This is like American baseball where the pitcher lets the other team hit home runs. Sad, but it really is coming to the point of making money. How in the heck can a player make 60 million dollars in 4 years without the mafia behind it, this is just insane wages.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Boxing is always rigged since 1940s.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

when did the crooked gamblers ever lose the rule?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Boxing has always been and will be associated with organized crime,a lot more to the picture,supported by the MFers,money funders

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wherever there is gambling there is a fix.
There have been many examples of this in boxing over the years, the Liston - Clay fight being an obvious one.

No-one can convince me that the result of the recent Wilder - Fury fight was not bent.

top topics

join