It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To ATS Staff..........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I know moderators like to control the narrative. Please don't lock this thread because it expresses a view you don't like!

I pay $15 per month so I do not have to see advertisements on YouTube. The main reason I pay, is because it clutters the website and experience.

I would pay a lesser sum of money so I could surf your website without ads. Give me the option please. I am quite tired of not just the ads, how they slow and tarnish my experience, but also tired of the placement of ads. They are always in the perfect spot so I accidentally click them. Or they are posted in between paragraphs of a post.

It is extremely annoying. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't even post that would pay $1 per month to have your ads removed. Maybe $2. And that has to equate out to more money than you make on the ads...

If you won't do that, can you put the ads on the side where they do not interfere with the content. Where they won't be accidentally clicked as you try to move on or post a reply.

V/R

Finger

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Get duck duck go browser app for mobile devices.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I surf on my PC in Chrome.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I pay 0 dollars for an ad-free Youtube.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Not speaking officially for the owners of ATS.

However, here is some reading on what you're asking for:

What would you pay per-month for an Ad-Free ATS?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

That poll was taken 2.5 yrs ago.

The name of the thread is a little tongue in cheek. A recent thread on the topic of removing ads was locked by a moderator. As if this will shut us up...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

originally posted by: eriktheawful

That poll was taken 2.5 yrs ago.

The name of the thread is a little tongue in cheek. A recent thread on the topic of removing ads was locked by a moderator. As if this will shut us up...

A website that makes its bones on conspiracy topics wants to create a conspiracy by locking threads that discuss things we dislike about its' website.

The irony is thick.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
ATS is in it's death troughs. It aint gonna get any better from here. The ship is sinking.

Edit: One day soon, you will try to log on and be hit with a notice, 404 "This web page does not exist".
edit on 22-12-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

And I love you all!!!

(Since we can’t have exit threads...)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
ATS is in it's death troughs. It aint gonna get any better from here. The ship is sinking.

Edit: One day soon, you will try to log on and be hit with a notice, 404 "This web page does not exist".

Where will I go to get such an experience on the web?

Reddit sucks. That is not an answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I pay $10 to YT / month
35/ yr to Flightradar24
34$/ 3 month at PS4..

I've donated to ATS 4 times.. at 25, 50, 100 100......
The ads don't bother me as long as I don't get redirected... or screen freezes

( I realize this is so unpopular and members will hate me ) but I'd consider...
Sigh... cough pthtpthpthp...

Yes I'd pay a 7 to 8$ monthly fee... and that needs to go towards reducing ads for visitors trying to enjoy ATS.

I'm an ass and d!ck!

But I don't know how to get around it... anyone care to Try 🤔

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I've suggested a subscription-based AD FREE AboveTopSecret.com membership alternative several times. There would have to be an actual "Live Help" for members, just like there is with any other service we pay money for. Takes a lot of time, and generates a lot of ATS-to-Member (and Visa-Versa) communications.

Perhaps the owners do NOT want to babysit and track members/payments in real time like that.
edit on 12/22/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Quality content is virtually nonexistent at this point. Paying for add free would be foolish at this point. The owners see the decline in quality posts and realize ATS days are numbered.

They are making money while the making is good before the end comes.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Is this something you know, or is this your opinion, Charles?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They got greedy and created political forums to their list. These forums invited many new members but has taken over the site and turned it into just another trash site. If they had stuck to their original ideals, it would still have the quality it started with. Now, it's just another trashy political slug-fest....

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So many great contributors here...😔😔😔

Very touchy subject here.

Best I shut my trap....
I can feel the bubble. We all know it... something needs changed.😔
I sure could use some comedy from DBCowboy and Augustusmasonicus.

My question is..
Where do we all go to when we need an intelligible answer to a difficult or simple question?

Edit: asking Alexa or saying Google it is not a viable answer.. though it might be comedic.

Where the hell is FLYINGCLAYDISC????
That Ranch Chef always has great answers..😄
edit on 22-12-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is this something you know, or is this your opinion, Charles?

Just my personal observation. This add problem has gone on too long now. It tells me they have no intention of trying to fix it. If they did, it could have been fixed within days but this has been going on for months now. Yes, I'm reading between the lines here but just what other logical explanation can you present here?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hmmmm
Mmmmmmmm
Hmmm mmm mmm ~hmmmm

M🌟

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would pay real money for people that “know what they are talking about” to actually know what they are talking about. But that isn’t limited to just the site here.

Several political forums date back to 2002, the newest being the political mudput which dates back to 2010. Why all the political threads? Because thread makers are making political threads. The mods, admins and owners have very little input as to what members decide to write about and even less control over responses.

Advertising pays to keep the site running. It also pays the owners to continue to wish ATS to remain in existence. Mods and admin are volunteers, we get jack other than grief over every little inconvenience, dislike or heaven forbid the enforcement of the terms and conditions for the sake of community management.

Is there another better business model out there just waiting to be implemented that achieves or surpasses the level of success ATS has seen as is? Possibly, after all anything is possible. Would hosting providers go for this different business model, especially unproven ones? Probably not. Why butter the bread with a heat gun when a butter knife works and everyone knows it works?

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

My post was on the wrong thread!!!?!!

Weird.

My opinion is that ATS is lame ass and now is redirecting stuff.

But that is me.

Not sure if I am angry yet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join