It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If women shoot better and are more accurate why aren't there more Women snipers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Everyone needs to ask themselves one question
" When is the last time I heard an active duty sniper's name ?"
Male or female.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Male or female.

Meaning there should be no more snipers or people getting trained on it?

If so, that maybe the same as asking why people can't get back to the moon, and they said "because all the people who knew how are dead and we don't know and don't have the tech they invented, we have to reinvent"

Smart way to go about it, for the win! oh wait...

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

Male or female.

If so, that maybe the same as asking why people can't get back to the moon, and they said "because all the people who knew how are dead and we don't know and don't have the tech they invented, we have to reinvent"

You dont realize what I stated , do you ?
The military keeps it hush-hush . For a reason.
Dang. Just dang...
Btw , at first I just wanted to ignore that because it made 0 sense
Yet , I felt it my duty to fulfill to ATS
Denying ignorance.
Cause thats what I do.

edit on 12/22/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Male or female.

You dont realize what I stated , do you ?
The military keeps it hush-hush . For a reason.
Dang. Just dang...
Btw , at first I just wanted to ignore that because it made 0 sense
Yet , I felt it my duty to fulfill to ATS
Denying ignorance.
Cause thats what I do.

But did you know by experience or you feel that's what's going on, maybe you should not just say so but also lead others into what you know, other than your word, we don't need another religion created on things some guy said who no ones knows who he is and all that

Yes deny ignorance also means you don't keep knowledge from everyone else just because you would not be the only know to "know things" around the place, so share or don't but don't say you know then don't share the details

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Good point. WTF aren't there more Women Snipers?

Where do I sign Up?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

There is a massive difference between firearms training and competitive pistol shooting, to consider the finer art of shooting is like chalk and cheese to weapons training. Things like breathing, stance and grip are the basics. Aim area, front sight focus, trigger control and rhythm the next level and then you get into the mental aspect of shooting accurately which I won't go into.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I didn't know women are better shooters, although I think I may have read a research article on it once? Can you find proof of this? I believe it, I'd just like to see that. Could you also show us a link proving there is a lack of women snipers? I believe it, too, I just want to see the link to improve your question and make sure all your assumptions are based in fact.

I think there might not be more women snipers because people in the military may not BELIEVE women are better shooters, regardless of the facts. There might be peer pressure against it or prejudice against it. It is also possible that women don't like killing as much as men, so they avoid jobs like that (however, that doesn't mean ALL women. Some could be killers! LOL) This is all speculation.
edit on 23amSun, 23 Dec 2018 01:36:05 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah right. No offense, but I can shoot better than 99.9 percent of women. And men

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Kind of reminded something i heard that is like a joke in the web, about black people not being good swimmers.

Just ask anyone who has ever enlisted in the Navy.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Nothing you said contradicts what I said. Maybe I didn't do a great job of being clear, but I've served with and instructed with the military, private security, police, civilian, competitive pistol and rifle. I'm on a mobile device right now which I hate using, and honestly I don't feel like going in depth on those applications and theories. If you want to have a discussion on those things start a new thread dedicated to that. Not on a thread about the supposed claim that women are naturally better snipers then men. Chances are I'm still not going to contribute in that thread either since it would be a waste of time. People don't become better shots just from reading. It takes hands on practice and lots of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18

Yeah right. No offense, but I can shoot better than 99.9 percent of women. And men

So if you can shoot 99.9 percent better than all the human race, are you a green guy from out of space? LMFAO

From inner earth? Are you from the bottom of the flat earth maybe?

And men

And men.. what....?

And theeeeeeeen?

Please tells us the story mister ToolMan18.. Please tell!
edit on 23-12-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I watched a girl put six out of six shots into the bullseye of a target using iron peep-sights on a .22 …...the FIRST TIME SHE HAD EVER PICKED UP A GUN...she was 12 years old...she melded into the gun and you couldn't tell where it began and she ended.... just scary as hell because I had been shooting since I was eight and was a crack shot..an I always provided for the randomness of something going wrong every 3-4 shots....experience had taught me there was a fine line of concentration you needed to engage to overcome this built in screw-up dynamic....she was born with it...plain and simple...Military Range Officers must also see these weird anomolys come across their desks....lol...some are born to throw things a long way....lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In the British Army snipers act in teams of two, and their role also includes scouting et al. There are also women snipers in the British forces, as indicated by a report a year ago that a woman sniper in the elite Special Reconnaissance Regiment killed three jihadis in an engagement.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Just something I'm curious about.

I've heard it from many many people, women are absolutely more accurate when it comes to shooting.

I've haven't heard of any women snipers, why? I'm talking about the US military.

It appears in other parts of the world they do use women for that position.

Don't know if you carry or are a shooter....but searching YouTube will provide many female expert shooters channels and videos.

The military angle, the why's and why not...have been explained above.

M.S.
C.C.W. holder, daily carry....and prob a lousy sniper

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There is nothing about women that make them more accurate or better shooters than men physically. What they have that men often lack at the CCW class is an open ear and a closed mouth. This creates a better student that can internalize a lesson. Women are also more patient and willing to be corrected. They want to get it right and get as much information as possible.

This has been my experience when instructing women vs men.
edit on 23 12 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

There is nothing about women that make them more accurate or better shooters than men physically. What they have that men often lack at the CCW class is an open ear and a closed mouth. This creates a better student that can internalize a lesson. Women are also more patient and willing to be corrected. They want to get it right and get as much information as possible.

This has been my experience when instructing women vs men.

You touched on it, trainability. Men think they know everything and can't be told when it comes to firearms and I have seen that in spades when it even comes to gun selection. Every now and then you will get a new trainee ask what do you think would be a good first pistol. Very rarely though as most have their mind already made up on a "TV Gun" centre fire combat weapon instead of a target 22 that will teach them trigger control and not introduce early on flinching.

One4all mentioned that the gun melded into her, this is another reason why women can subtly finesse a firearm and release the trigger without anticipating it...like a surprise shot if you know the expression.
edit on 23-12-2018 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wider hips and a lower distribution of weight provide women with more balance and control. “Women have a lower center of gravity and I think that gives them a distinct advantage in shooting from the standing position.

But breasts, especially big ones, would invalidate this lower center of gravity claim.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I know there are some people that can really shoot. Maybe right here. I saw Bob Munden shoot at an exhibition once. I still think about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They don't always shoot better than men

Maybe not allllways, but a lot

I don't pretend to have all the answers, but after 32 years of military coaching and training, I do know this: 1. Every woman I ever trained on the Army .45 fired Expert on the first day of training. 2. My wife and both my daughters can outshoot me.

www.nrafamily.org...

That's pretty cool anecdotal evidence...... But what in the female physiology makes you think they are better at shooting?

"Does my butt look big in this?"
"Uhhh..."

It was considered to be suicide.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Would hiding out one position for days being bitten by various bugs, also with the high possibility of being in your flith for days depending on the situation sound like perk?

That what I heard.
edit on 24-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join