It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoth and the psychology of the unconscious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FIFIGI

Yeah spelling, should of used that in the op.
Didn't think about the shake spear one.
Bur will i am i think he's say i have will i am god.

I keep hearing lines. In songs all the time and think, they know.

For example, first line in fugees ready or not.

Now that i escape sleep walk awake.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Je-rus-alem
Je - me in French
rus - ruse - deception
alem - male
edit on 26-12-2018 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Pareidolia, making connections that aren't really there.

English is funny like that, with it endless combinations and it sublime ryhmes.

"That hoe on the street corner has herpes which could spread as fast as Hermes."

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Thanks speci men

"Our prayers do not only effect ourselves, they effect others as well. Which is why we must be very careful. Every thought is an intention. Every word is a spell. Thoughts and intentions transcend time and space and they do create change."
reawakeninghearts.com...

The science is there to validate the OP

We don't know it all, we are learning.

Words enter the unconscious and the unconscious deciphers them as images, everything we see is flipped, concrete words create a feeling that surfaces to the conscious, live sport also has evil in the corner.
Study the science behind it and you will see the connections.
There are experiments where people have thought in a loving way and plants have been measured to have a response that matches, thoughts and words, especially charged with emotion create effects, anger has range.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
How about the saying "falling in love"?

Sounds like an accident, something not wanted ..... falling

can't it be "rising into love"?

sounds far more divine

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

Rising in love, that does sound better and more positive, never thought of that one, cheers.

Rise and sire also basically the same, to the unconscious

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Rising in love, that does sound better and more positive, never thought of that one, cheers.

Rise and sire also basically the same, to the unconscious

Also curse words, spell curse.

If someone was called Q would u expect to wait.
edit on 27-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
If someone was called Q would u expect to wait.

Ah, very nice.

But if someone was called 'therapist', what would you expect then?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Saturnschild

very nice also
maybe it is our job to heal our own minds
anyone else in there is a rapist

when you feel a tug in your gut
your feeling truth

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Saturnschild
when you feel a tug in your gut
your feeling truth

Amen to that!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

...now i must say i am learning and my thoughts and beliefs are constantly changing and evolving, so dont believe what i say,...

OK, done. Now what?

...trust that you know and follow your gut,

Well, since you just advised me to not believe what you say, I'm not going to believe this is useful or practical advice. But that's also because it sounds a lot like 'follow your heart' and I'm aware of the following warning:

“The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9, NW) Another translation renders it as such:

“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” (NLT)

... ( to those whom attempt to do me harm, let it be returned to its source times nine )...

It's easy to love those who love you, but a wise teacher once said (in his most famous piece of teaching known as the sermon on the mount):

27 “But I say to you who are listening: Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, 28 to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also; and from him who takes away your outer garment, do not withhold the inner garment either.
31 “Also, just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them.

32 “If you love those loving you, of what credit is it to you? For even the sinners love those loving them. 33 And if you do good to those doing good to you, of what credit is it to you? Even the sinners do the same.
(Luke 6:27-29,31,32)

Similarly, another Bible writer wrote:

14 Keep on blessing those who persecute; bless and do not curse.
17 Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of* [Or “in the sight of.”] all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.
21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.
(Romans 12:14,17,18,21)

21 In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely. 22 He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth. 23 When he was being insulted,* [Or “reviled.”] he did not insult* [Or “revile.”] in return. When he was suffering, he did not threaten, but he entrusted himself to the One who judges righteously. (1 Peter 2:21-23)

James 3:8-12 (NW)

But no human can tame the tongue. It is unruly and injurious, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we praise Jehovah, the Father, and yet with it we curse men who have come into existence “in the likeness of God.” 10 Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing.

My brothers, it is not right for things to happen this way. 11 A spring does not cause the fresh* [Lit., “sweet.”] water and the bitter water to bubble out of the same opening, does it? 12 My brothers, a fig tree cannot produce olives, or a grapevine figs, can it? Neither can salt water produce fresh water.

Additional information:

Curse: To threaten or pronounce evil on someone or something. It is not to be confused with profanity or with violent anger. The desiring, threatening, or pronouncing of evil upon someone or something is the basic idea of a number of Hebrew and Greek words in the Bible that are translated by the word “curse” or similar expressions.

In case that information isn't clear enough, here's an example of a curse or the act of cursing as the word is used in the preceding Bible verses:

... ( to those whom attempt to do me harm, let it be returned to its source times nine )...

Not to judge, but to give a heads-up about something the one using those words may not be aware of. As they are tricked into cursing their 'enemies' because of being kept in the dark concerning the wise counsel I quoted in this comment (among other reasons or causes for someone to see nothing wrong in saying such things and how it affects their hearts, which they might think they know quite well, but really don't know as well as they might think they do). Well, and kept in the dark regarding the one tricking and conditioning them to behave and speak in this manner, especially towards or about those they are at odds with (or who they perceive or expect as being out to harm them in this particular case).
edit on 27-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It Special Man. Lol.

Idk what to really say about the dynamics of our existence, and the myraid of complexes that can come with it by trying to understand it. Sometimes it the confidence in those complexes that stray us away, and blind us from the present moment. Even Jung from what I know of him, had some warning about it.

Like Ouroburos for example, one of those most widely spread esoteric symbols, which that of a snake swallowing it own tail. Now it could be the symbol of stupid or insanity like a dog chasing it own tail thinking it running away. Or maybe it has to with time, nature and endless cycles, like the water cycle.

A good chunk of religions have serpents, an can be seen as a warning, evil, or just plain infinite wisdom for what is it end game when perpetually devour it self in that moment it does.

The Devil's in the details of the fine print.
edit on 27-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

the bible teachings have done their job in my opinion.

I used to think religion was written in the stars, and I guess many of the stories
have managed to come together into one narrative that has been made real through the
power or magick of human imagination, im more inclined to believe that it has came from within.

the snake in the garden of eden that gives knowledge, the serpent shaped audience hall of the popes
or the plethora of snake symbology throughout historical religions, most of which coiling upwards.

all can relate to the kundalini serpent energy that we all possess and with some hard work and faith
we can experience God, or an explosion of energy through our cerebral cortex, whichever sits better
with your conditioned self.
but like I say im just learning, and we can all find truth, whatever path we take, this I believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

wow more synchronicity amazing.
after I wrote my post I read yours.

i still have a hope that we are here untill we have completed a nuber of cycles, with our soul or spirit reincarnating
time and time again helping evolve a species through time, then we join with an ultimate being, or supreme consciounce

the big God, whatever yopu wanna call it, maybe we even graded on our excistences lol
who knows but i do spend much of my time trying to figure it out

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

yeah Jung went a bit off his head for a while, and you have actually gave me a greater urgence to live more in the now
i do keep reminding myself but sometimes its hard getting out your own mind if you get what i mean, my goals are to
experience the outdoors a lot this summer, im sottish and ive camped up the highlands once, need to change that this year as the memory of it is so vivid, if there is a God then our job here is to experience so yeah im with you, then the thought
its all about balance, maybe thats the point of summer and winter for me, contemplate and meditate in the winter and experience the outward in the summer.... cheers

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
my wee boy watches batman the animated series he loves it and sometimes I wonder if it is because
many of the characters are Jungian archetypes, the joker and batman his favs though I think he favours
the joker lol, could be the shadow and trickster archetype, but in one of the episodes batman is in some
mind control machine where he is lost in his dream, and his mum and dad are still alive and hes not batman
but bruce was like I must be dreaming and figured it out because he picked up a book and it was just different
images, and Bruce knew you couldn't read in dreams, I don't know if that is true but on a quick search hard to
find studies, but will look more.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

So i found a good article explaining what i was talking about.
www.inverse.com...

"In the episode, entitled “Perchance to Dream,” he reasons that “because reading is a function of the right side of the brain, while dreams come from the left side,” then it should be impossible to read while he’s dreaming. Wayne’s conclusion isn’t perfect, but Harvard University dream expert and Assistant Professor of Psychology Deirdre Barrett, Ph.D., would commend him on his line of reasoning. Barrett tells Inverse that dream research has indeed shown that most people can’t read in their dreams.
In fact, she says, most dreamers lose not just the ability to read but the capacity for language altogether. “Most of it seems to have to do with our whole language area being much less active,” she says"

so the unconscious deals in images, and language and words are not used, you could say this alone creates a fallacy for the idea expressed in the thread but like life its a work progress, so let's take a word of multiple meaning...
I like veil, live, evil, vile
So we got the conscious, the subconscious, and the unconscious, so maybe the subconscious takes live and translates that into multiple images through feelings the four possible interpretations provoke.
edit on 28-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
submit your signature/!

submit
/səbˈmɪt/Submit
verb
accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
submit your signature/!

submit
/səbˈmɪt/Submit
verb
accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There probably isn't any romanticized "path of the souls" evolution" - because there isn't any structural division between the way the body works and the way the mind works.

If you believe in evolution, and are one of the lucky people whose minds are structured by a theory which pays most attention to empirical cause-effect processes, then there is no basis for positing a "soul path" that is independent of the real life negotiations that human beings make with the worlds they live through.

Thus, science, or the philosophy its based upon - objective pragmatism - is a "competing spirit" that is getting the upper hand over the longer trends over traditional spiritual beliefs.

What people believe, or accept as a legitimate narrative for "what is happening", is largely a function of ethological realities, and so we can credit Schopenhauer for bringing this notion to the forefront of our attention; but it is largely Darwin who placed ethology and the facts of 'striving to survive" to the forefront of our awareness, to create some distance between our unanalyzed constructions of realities, and the analysis of reality which forces us to regard the unanalyzed construction as an idealization - or, said differently, something we defensively construct to deal with our existential embeddedment in the world - or what psychologists now term 'affect regulation'.

"Thoth", then, isnt an independently existing entity, but at most an emergent property of human self-awareness vis-a-vis this property of being "a communication of the mystery." In dynamical terms, it is, like all "archetypes" (a term I don't like) a mediating property between self and other.

Between self and other lies the "shared intentionality" that allows them to communicate. But since we are always focused on a particular subject-matter organized by a particular motivation, there is a dynamical 'convergence' between our bodies whenever we casually saunter into conversation with one another - something we generally take for granted but which in reality is a very complicated, fractally generated biosemiotic hologogram which presents a very evolved level of meaning.

Each brain-mind carries out this activity in microcosm, with our body state representing the other, and the process of thinking mirroring the process of communication. Thus, every act of negotiation with the other brings out something brand new into the semiotic universe of human beings; it is, furthermore, much more complex than the simplististic mysticism and other assumptions about reality which rush too far ahead, no realizing the empirical-sensual world and its causal processes precedes us - ontogenetically (in development) and phylogenetically (in evolution), and hence need to be thought about and understood deeply before we construct theories of how the different objects relate within our minds.

Contrary to mind being "in", matter, a much more coherent theory sees mind as that which binds different parts of matter together, even as it arises as a "gestalt" of material dynamics within our brains.

edit on 1-1-2019 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join