It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Missile - Unknown Rocket Seen Over Northern California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Vandenberg AFB had a Delta IV Heavy launch planned for today, but it was cancelled. Again. For the fourth time.
www.yourcentralvalley.com...

So then what is this?
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Certainly looks like a rocket/missile launch.

edit on 19-12-2018 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24046444]SoulOfCeres[/post

EDITED

Ya it seems like a launch actually did happen but for some reason a coverup is underway.

But I very well could be wrong.
Thanks for reminding me about the launch. I though it was supposed to take place Thursday though. But I’ve been super busy lately.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll update the OP.

Corrected OP to say ‘Delta IV Heavy’ instead of ‘Falcon Heavy’.

edit on 19-12-2018 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: SoulOfCeres
Ya it seems like a launch actually did happen but for some reason a coverup is underway.

But I very well could be wrong.
Thanks for reminding me about the launch. I though it was supposed to take place Thursday though. But I’ve been super busy lately.

It was definitely supposed to be today, but got scrubbed at the last minute.
abc7.com...

But something else was apparently launched by someone from somewhere.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Interesting indeed. I don't know why they would go ahead and launch anyways. It's not impossible; they could have went ahead with a last minute launch. They may have decided they didn't want any cameras near by. Although I don't see why some entrepreneurial spirit wouldn't stick around to catch them in the act. I bet someone is kicking themselves over it.

That or something else was launched. Or maybe it was something completely uncorrelated. I mean, what if that was why the launch was scrubbed?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
From this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Makuahine
a reply to: LookingAtMars

It was a meteor caught on dashcam:

Meteor video

I saw it down in So Cal as I waited for the Delta Heavy launch (scrubbed).

Definitely looks like a meteor. It seems then NASA seems to be able to detect these things in a more narrow window than they let on. Also in that thread it's stated that the launch was cancelled due to a hydrogen leak, but there is also a statement that it wasn't actually a meteor, but a test launch.

If that's true, then I guess I was correct in assuming that they launched something else. I've seen my fair share of missile launches/strikes and honestly I want to say it looks like a meteor coming in, but from the image you supplied it could go either way.
edit on 19-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealityIsAbsurd
That or something else was launched. Or maybe it was something completely uncorrelated. I mean, what if that was why the launch was scrubbed?

This is what I keep thinking about.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A weather device used to pick up wind pressures and temperature prior to the launch possibly.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I got the impression it has to do with the failed launch according to Reddit. What happened? I'm not sure.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The smoke is from the Meteor. The trail is due to the temp of the atmosphere freezing the debris instantly and whatever daylight was left was hitting it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

They did not go ahead and launch anyway, i live here near VAFB and we would have all seen, heard, and felt it.
Not sure what this streak of light is however its much further north than where I am.

new topics

top topics

join