It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Passes Sweeping Criminal Justice Overhaul with Bi-Partisan Support.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Both parties are behind it? Huge red flag.

Kim freaking Kardashian being invited to discuss it? Even bigger red flag. Why tf are the Kardashians being invited to the White House so much? Really weird.

Or.......maybe read what some of the changes are going to be before completely tossing it away.....

A bit disingenuous don't you think???

Democrats/liberals "we really need criminal justice reform!!!"

Republicans/conservatives "we need reform, the laws are antiquated and costing billions"

Trum admin/bi partisan effort "done!!!"

Liberals w TDS "this is bs and a trap"

Seriously it's literally getting to the point where I wonder if people aren't right abiut the whole 'Trump could cure cancer and the left would find a reason it was bad' thing

How many 'liberals" think this is bad thing? Maybe a couple of isolated voices on an anonymous message board. Certianly not enough to paint all liberals as being against this.

I didn't say all....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
So the real question is, why didn't the last administration worked on the issue?

I mean, if they say they didn't had time to look into the broken criminal system, I'd ask them wtf they were doing all these 8 years.

You people need to account what the people you voted for worked in the time they were in the position.

Y'all have such a short memory I bet if Obama run for 2020 people would still vote for him.

it's amazing what you can do when you aren't looking for new wars to have.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Kim freaking Kardashian being invited to discuss it? Even bigger red flag. Why tf are the Kardashians being invited to the White House so much? Really weird.

Or.......maybe read what some of the changes are going to be before completely tossing it away.....

A bit disingenuous don't you think???

Democrats/liberals "we really need criminal justice reform!!!"

Republicans/conservatives "we need reform, the laws are antiquated and costing billions"

Trum admin/bi partisan effort "done!!!"

Liberals w TDS "this is bs and a trap"

Seriously it's literally getting to the point where I wonder if people aren't right abiut the whole 'Trump could cure cancer and the left would find a reason it was bad' thing

How many 'liberals" think this is bad thing? Maybe a couple of isolated voices on an anonymous message board. Certianly not enough to paint all liberals as being against this.

I'd say read what he wrote to get a better grasp on it, but I doubt it would matter.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I just gave Trump props in another thread for a move he made in Central America, I have no issue giving Trump credit where it is due.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Soo..... is anyone gonna read it and report back?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ATS is an incredible platform for
The Freedom of Speech.
I love this place and its people.

Blessings to you all in
The Year of Our Lord 2019.

(post by carewemust removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

House passes major criminal justice overhaul

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House passed an extensive criminal justice bill on Thursday that will reduce some of the harshest sentences for federal drug offenders and boost prison rehabilitation programs.

The bill passed 358-36 and now goes to President Donald Trump for his signature. He had urged lawmakers to support it, saying the bill would provide hope and a second chance to those who earn it.

The legislation addresses concerns that the nation’s war on drugs led to the imprisonment of too many Americans for nonviolent crimes. The nation’s federal prison population has soared by more than 700 percent since the 1980s.

The bill gives judges more discretion in sentencing some drug offenders and reduces some mandatory-minimum sentences. It also enhances efforts to better prepare inmates for life outside of prison.

edit on 21-12-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
January 27, 2019

Further proof that Democrats care more about Hurting Trump than Helping Americans.

Palm Springs, Calif. — Prominent liberal Democrats opposed 2018’s criminal justice reform, and CNN progressive commentator Van Jones thinks he knows why.

Presidential hopefuls Sens. Kamala Harris and Cory Booker joined Sen. Dick Durbin and Reps. John Lewis and Sheila Jackson Lee on a May 2017 letter calling the First Step Act “a step backwards.”

“I think publicly they were saying it doesn’t go far enough,” Jones said in a video played at the winter Koch Seminar Sunday morning. “I think privately, they just didn’t want Trump to have a victory.”

The bill was prominently championed by an unlikely alliance of Jones, billionaire industrialist Charles Koch’s libertarian network, President Donald Trump’s son in law Jared Kushner, Kim Kardashian West and Utah Sen. Mike Lee. President Donald Trump signed it into law Dec. 21, at the conclusion of the 115th Congress.
Source: dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Monday, April 1, 2019

Today, President Trump held an event at the White House to give an update on the Prison Reform initiative, and passage of the "First Step" act.

Good Highlight Article: theconservativetreehouse.com...

And Video:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

LOL

Bingo.

It's like this....

Person 1. You say you're on ATS because you're against a police state?

Person 2. Well, yes.

Person 1. Here you have a "criminal justice reform bill" that has bipartisan support and you're happy about it? Think about that.

...........CRICKETS

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Monday, May 27, 2019

Tweet from President Donald J. Trump:

Anyone associated with the 1994 Crime Bill will not have a chance of being elected. In particular, African Americans will not be able to vote for you.

I, on the other hand, was responsible for Criminal Justice Reform, which had tremendous support, & helped fix the bad 1994 Bill!

Source: twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thank god Kim Kardashian was there..wait, why was she there?

Anyway..good!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join