It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Basu to Write Battlestar Galactica Reboot for Universal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Jay Basu (The Girl in the Spider’s Web, Charlie’s Angels, Labyrinth) has come on board Universal’s Battlestar Galactica reboot to pen the script for the reimaging of the television series created by Glen Larson, The Wrap has confirmed. Lisa Joy wrote an earlier draft of the script.

It is believed that the new Battlestar Galactica movie, which is being produced by Bluegrass Films, will again reboot the franchise.

Jay Basu to Write Battlestar Galactica Reboot for Universal

This is good news to me. Hope they do it right. Love me some more Battlestar. Hope Starbuck is a female again. I though it worked out good last time, unlike most times when they change the gender of a character.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Again?!

Can't we create something new?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again..."

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

You're right. It likely wasn't diversified and feminized enough, so it has to be remade to reflect the times.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Please don't get me wrong. I loved BSG as a kid. I liked the television reboot. There are definitely worse things to make a screen movie out of.

I am just wondering when Hollywood will do something semi-original. Remakes are OK now and then. Sometimes they are better than the original. But when there is almost zero time between "re-boots" or "sequels" it comes across as lost.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Katee Sackhoff Was a great Starbuck but i don’t think many others could carry that role. One of the podcasts, they said they were having trouble casting Starbuck and the one producer’s wife said, about Katee, that’s your girl.

Adama is going to be trans

Apollo will be like Christopher Pike and be different abled.

The cylons will be made out of 100% recyclable material

Selina will be brought back, but instead of being a hottie like Jane Seymour, she will be a fat-fat-fatty, because everyone is sexy.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You're right. It likely wasn't diversified and feminized enough, so it has to be remade to reflect the times.

Battlestar diversity?

The reboot started great but fizzled fast.
It was pretty obvious that they had no plan after the first season.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

And in the future, at least half the population has to be gay.

Religion cannot play any role in this except a very negative one even though it was central to the themes of both previous series. You know ... people will have moved beyond that primitive stuff with the creation of the Cylons having ascended to godhood themselves ... they might even be transhuman to some degree, and the Cylons will be about teaching them the error of their human-oppressive superiority views or something ...

In the end, they will commit mass suicide because they will conclude that they had it coming to them.
edit on 18-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I found BSG one of the most insipid sci-fi stories ever written. Pure pap and nonsense that completely sullied the genre. Another one? God save us1

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

DON"T DO IT!!!!!!!!!

NEVER be as good as the series from 2004.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

We just did this, and the SyFy one was so amazing I can't imagine this surpassing it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I found BSG one of the most insipid sci-fi stories ever written. Pure pap and nonsense that completely sullied the genre. Another one? God save us1

What sci-fi shows do you think it sullied? What sci-fi shows do/did you like?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

NEVER be as good as the series from 2004.

You have a good point there, but you never know, like I said I hope they do it right

top topics

join