It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese say boycott US products

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am unmoved by the Chinese threat to buy fewer iphones. 😂

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

not only are we supporting things like slave labor, but we are also providing the support, especially financial for China's aggression. not to mention supporting everything China does in regards to things like human rights violations that China is so well known for. what we should do is outright BAN Chinese products and Chinese parts within products from being sold in "free countries" since by buying from the Chinese we are in effect supporting just about everything we are against. such a ban of course could be lifted once China has abandoned it's expansionism and fixes it's human rights issues. like for example pulling out of the disputed areas and those illegal islands they have been building, and their claiming of territory that is not theirs. recognise Taiwan as a free and separate country. stop their slave labor, stop the Chinese drug trade, stop their support of terrorists, grant religious freedom and stop persecuting pretty much every religion in China.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Using CNN as a reference to anything,might have put name"national Enquirer" on it,I see those call letters I move on,even though some times it's funny,I feel bad making fun of the mentally challenged

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: whywhynot

I have not knowingly bought Chinese for years for a number of reasons. US doing this will certainly cause short term pain but long term gain. I’m all for it.

your entire home is probably made in China to some degree.

China can do what they want. we dare not push them too hard. ..ever...

Deny ignorance, you don’t know me.

My home is a built of American (Montana) grown logs.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Aren't Chinese cell phones being banned for sale here? Can anyone verify?
edit on 12-12-2018 by ViXxeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ViXxeN

not likely, however it should be banned from gov officials and/or people that deal with sensitive information.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

More slavery in the US yay!
Who is going to be prison first, you or me?

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap
We got about a million people behind bars as it is. They will enjoy the counter vampire benefits of peeling garlic.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I have not knowingly bought Chinese for years for a number of reasons. US doing this will certainly cause short term pain but long term gain. I’m all for it.

Sure it is, what about all the fittings ,electrics, appliances, furniture etc, it's all american made right

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure it is, what about all the fittings ,electrics, appliances, furniture etc, it's all american made right

Sorry to disappoint but yes all made in the USA. Why the snarky obsessive response? Not buying from China just takes a little effort. You can control what you do if you desire and make the effort.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I don't know I must have been feeling snarky, I was on the drink last night sorry about that. Well if you indeed have bought all American I'm impressed..

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
all in all i would have to say that this is a pretty pathetic attempt at blackmail. the whole reason for the trade war and tariffs in the first place is due to the major trade imbalance (in China's favor) in the first place. in other words, because China sells much more to the US than they buy US made products. so seeing as how they really don't buy much from the US, just how is this supposed to hurt the US? really it seems this is all just propaganda smoke and mirrors.

but something else i thought about. they are specifically saying they want the Chinese people to buy more Chinese cellphones and to stop buying American cellphones. yet i recall hearing a couple or so years back that many of the iphones stolen from around the world actually make their way to China, to be sold illegally on the black market. because by using out of country phones the Chinese can apparently get around the great firewall of China. that firewall that restricts the everyday Chinese person from fully accessing the world wide web. and thus having free access to other than Chinese propaganda and things China may want to keep from the populace. so just how many American cellphones are even sold to the Chinese in the first place, other than the already illegal ones? add that onto the fact that an American cellphone is likely rather out of reach for the average Chinese citizen due to cost, unlike the rather cheap Chinaphones.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.cnn.com...

Shenzhen-based electronic parts supplier Menpad said Monday that it would give a 15% subsidy to any employees who bought phones from Chinese companies Huawei and ZTE. 'Stop purchasing US brands'

So they want to sell sell sell, but then tighten the purse strings when it comes to buying.
People can dislike President Trump all they want, but he is right, we have been screwed for years when it comes to trade.
He is just the first one to admit it.

This is one thing that has always bothered me:

China does a lot of manufacturing for foreign businesses, including U.S. companies. They ship raw materials to China. Factory workers build the final products and ship them back to the United States. In this way, a lot of China's so-called "exports" are technically American products.

We need to bring all US manufacturing back home. We saw the writing on the wall over 20 years ago. I read somewhere we raise chickens here, send them to China to be butchered, and then send them back, and that's what's in our grocery stores. I personally don't want any of my food touched or made by the Chinese. They do not care about food safety and have been shown many times to have bastardized products. Yes in the US we have food poisoning outbreaks, but we don't see companies substituting real food with plastics like China has done with rice and baby formula.

We are both supporting slave labor, and shooting ourselves in the foot at the same time by doing allowing our raw products to be processed over there.

So you think the average american workers will work having the same wage? Of course not. Companies will go out of business pretty quick! Why do you think pretty much every company has there products made in China, India etc? Because it is dirt cheap! Not going to happen in the West!

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

not only are we supporting things like slave labor, but we are also providing the support, especially financial for China's aggression. not to mention supporting everything China does in regards to things like human rights violations that China is so well known for. what we should do is outright BAN Chinese products and Chinese parts within products from being sold in "free countries" since by buying from the Chinese we are in effect supporting just about everything we are against. such a ban of course could be lifted once China has abandoned it's expansionism and fixes it's human rights issues. like for example pulling out of the disputed areas and those illegal islands they have been building, and their claiming of territory that is not theirs. recognise Taiwan as a free and separate country. stop their slave labor, stop the Chinese drug trade, stop their support of terrorists, grant religious freedom and stop persecuting pretty much every religion in China.

Are you one of these brainwashed people who look at other countries as evil, but turn a blind eye to your own governments atrocities?

Where are you from?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
yet i recall hearing a couple or so years back that many of the iphones stolen from around the world actually make their way to China, to be sold illegally on the black market. because by using out of country phones the Chinese can apparently get around the great firewall of China. that firewall that restricts the everyday Chinese person from fully accessing the world wide web. and thus having free access to other than Chinese propaganda and things China may want to keep from the populace. so just how many American cellphones are even sold to the Chinese in the first place, other than the already illegal ones? add that onto the fact that an American cellphone is likely rather out of reach for the average Chinese citizen due to cost, unlike the rather cheap Chinaphones.

i dont think it was to circumvent the great firewall, VPN does that well enough..
couple years back iPhones were a hot commodity because it wasnt sold at the same time as the rest of the world therefore easy to make alot of money by reselling where the rich would easily pay x2, x3 the retail amount just to have it before everyone else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join