It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese say boycott US products

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Shenzhen-based electronic parts supplier Menpad said Monday that it would give a 15% subsidy to any employees who bought phones from Chinese companies Huawei and ZTE. 'Stop purchasing US brands'

So they want to sell sell sell, but then tighten the purse strings when it comes to buying.
People can dislike President Trump all they want, but he is right, we have been screwed for years when it comes to trade.
He is just the first one to admit it.

This is one thing that has always bothered me:

China does a lot of manufacturing for foreign businesses, including U.S. companies. They ship raw materials to China. Factory workers build the final products and ship them back to the United States. In this way, a lot of China's so-called "exports" are technically American products.

We need to bring all US manufacturing back home. We saw the writing on the wall over 20 years ago. I read somewhere we raise chickens here, send them to China to be butchered, and then send them back, and that's what's in our grocery stores. I personally don't want any of my food touched or made by the Chinese. They do not care about food safety and have been shown many times to have bastardized products. Yes in the US we have food poisoning outbreaks, but we don't see companies substituting real food with plastics like China has done with rice and baby formula.

We are both supporting slave labor, and shooting ourselves in the foot at the same time by doing allowing our raw products to be processed over there.

edit on 11-12-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have not knowingly bought Chinese for years for a number of reasons. US doing this will certainly cause short term pain but long term gain. I’m all for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

So they want to sell sell sell, but then tighten the purse strings when it comes to buying.

alot of countries encourage citizens to buy local.. Australia does it all the time, dont see how this is news..

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

I have not knowingly bought Chinese for years for a number of reasons. US doing this will certainly cause short term pain but long term gain. I’m all for it.

Me either, especially seafood. It costs 4x to buy non Chinese seafood, but at least it is not grown in pig feces!

www.treehugger.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: choos

It is one thing to say buy local, it is another to outright say don't buy from XYZ company.

the Nanchong Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai said in a statement this week, warning any members who bought Apple products would be "banned."

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

so like trade embargoes?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

although i do find this section hilarious

"We don't have guns or cannons, we as common citizens only have freedom of speech," she told CNN. The chamber claims to have as many as 500 members.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Their economy contracted something like 8% the past year.

They're getting desperate.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You likely have if you have bought any garlic. Some 90%+ of ready peeled and minced garlic sold on North American markets' shelves are from Chinese prison labor. Even the whole garlic is majority Chinese. We have prisons in all states ready to fill the demand. Let's please ban chinese prison garlic and go American. Plus it would be hilarious the garlic hustle shenanigans that would subsequently show up on prison tv shows and movies.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Swap out "China" for "US", and it's the same s#, different country.

I don't see why this is offensive when we've effectively been giving the world the exact same middle finger and saying "Buy American, not from XYZ!"

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Well honestly America rellies on Chinese goods and products seeing how everything is made in china.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I try to avoid buying Chinese made products when I can. Of course, the problem is they make damn near everything nowadays.

The Chinese culturally do not respect intellectual property so they steal everything. They have little to no real regulatory oversight selling products made with harmful chemicals and god knows what else.

Americans have been suckered trying to buy the cheapest goods.

Strategically, it is also not good that all our manufacturing is overseas. Imagine if we had to build up like we did in WWII today?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

originally posted by: watchitburn

Well honestly America rellies on Chinese goods and products seeing how everything is made in china.

Didn't used to be that way, and allowing it to happen was a big mistake. Thousands of politicians should have been hanged in the last ten years alone for treason over this one thing.

A nation will not survive if it exports all of it's labor intensive jobs, then supplements the resulting jobless people with welfare stolen from the jobs that remain.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: whywhynot

You likely have if you have bought any garlic. Some 90%+ of ready peeled and minced garlic sold on North American markets' shelves are from Chinese prison labor. Even the whole garlic is majority Chinese. We have prisons in all states ready to fill the demand. Let's please ban chinese prison garlic and go American. Plus it would be hilarious the garlic hustle shenanigans that would subsequently show up on prison tv shows and movies.

Thankfully I grow most of my own vegetables and spices.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

We need to bring all US manufacturing back home.

I couldn’t agree more. If for no other reason is having manufacturing at home is a national defense issue. If you can’t make stuff you can’t defend yourself.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Some 90%+ of ready peeled and minced garlic sold on North American markets' shelves are from Chinese prison labor.

That garlic is nasty too. I eat a lot of garlic and can taste the difference. They used to say you could tell Chinese garlic because it was missing roots and a stem to save on shipping, but I guess not so much anymore.

I grow my own and buy from local farmers. We have several dedicated garlic farms very close to me, it does very well here.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

your entire home is probably made in China to some degree.

China can do what they want. we dare not push them too hard. ..ever...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have failed to successfully grow garlic. Takes multiple seasons to mature though don't it? Do you have a help guide anywhere? I so love garlic, especially how my fingers smell after mincing, slicing or grating it myself. I like to use a cheese grater with garlic and ginger. The flavors have nowhere to hide and just explode.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You're American right, then buy American and beat the Chinese at their own game.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thats cool boycott china or you are against us.

What you can't live with out those HIGH QUALITY items on alibaba?

lol

I bet you say you hate Walmart.
edit on 11-12-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join