It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting to wonder if we are underestimating Theresa May

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hear me out.

I have a feeling people might be underestimating Theresa May here. Dont get me wrong, I dont like the woman one bit, but you have to wonder what her game is? By delaying the vote till January, she has taken a second referendum off the table. She has forced a time out on it. The EU has a simple choice, relax the backstop or have a no deal brexit. There are no other options available.

I dont know if this is by design? Certainly some remainers seem to think it is. If it is part of her plan, she has been very clever. Nothing else could have convinced the EU that a no deal brexit was really on the cards. The only way she could convince them of that, was if the remainers in the UK believe it too - and now they do.

I think she has just engineered a game of brinkmanship with the EU. If the EU blinks first, we get a time limit on the backstop and a deal that will probably pass through parliament. If not, we get a no deal brexit.

Honestly, I'm happy with either

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

This is probably a stupid statement, but I'm not that bright so I'll say it anyway.

The UK, Britain, is a sovereign nation.

Why in the blue-bloody f#ck do they need permission from Europe to bug out of a pact?

Friggin' leave.

Tell them to "stuff it".

Call them "wankers".

Just do it. do it.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
she's probably doing the queen's bidding let's be honest

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
She is no doubt doing the Queens bidding. The Monarchies of Belgium and Britain have been at odds for some years now about how they see the future of Europe in the 21st century, and is basically where this divide originates from.

Lets not forget many if not most of the European states of real power still have Monarchies. That means royalty rules the nation more so than Corporate boards and CEO's. However, whether ironic or not, that still puts the richest families of that state as the true power brokers and rulers, much like the CEO's and the Boards of Directors are in much of the rest of the so called free world.

I remember a few years ago around the time this rift began, that the Queen of England and the King of Belgium were in pictures with different heads of very large Chinese multinational and holding companies. One from the Wanda group, and the other from a different. I think the Queen met with the head of Wanda, and the King met with another that I cannot remember, but the group was something like the largest land owner in the world or something.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Their people depend on international trade with the bloody Europeans

That’s thousands of jobs for British people

I guess you can understand that

You can have your anger and attitude but thousands of people can be out of work

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

*shrugs*

If they want out, then leave!

It's the working class that is being screwed by the EU!

I don't have a bone in this fight, but I will always side for freedom, independence, and individuality! Be it person to person, or national pride.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
So the rest of Europe would just end their production and logistics lines overnight cold Turkey you say? I wonder who would actually suffer more?? Because us here in the US, we have our little older cousin's back yo! France, I think they are about to come to their senses.

Brussels has even developed a Special Purpose vehicle for Europeans to continue doing business with Iran and bypass US sanctions, and not one state has signed up to be the host yet despite having that legal avenue.

Belgium and Germany are treading dangerous ground trying to sell Europe to the Eastern bloc hegemony. But Europe loves freedom and liberty, so they belong in the West!

Germany and Belgium, stop tearing Europe apart!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I sort of think her play is to make a never-ending hash of Brexit until people are so sick of the process they drop the demand, or by backdooring things like the backstop in to undermine the effort.
It's like when your wife asks you to do the Christmas shopping and you deliberately buy grocery gift cards for everyone knowing you'll never be asked to do it again.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because it’s a set up. Remainer organising Brexit? Crazy.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
She has the EU think tank advising her, one of the best think tanks in the world. She is not working for the Britts.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Dear, don’t be a loudmouth. You are an Authoritarian.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Why do you think their negotiating, there are economic issues involved

Use your brains once in a while, not emotion and hateful dogma

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Brexit was pretty POINT BLANK in it's intention that day when the UK voted....

Everything since, has been the globalists trying to WATER down the vote....

We have our own issues in the USA right now...

Those folks who voted for BREXIT years ago, should be LIVID on how their vote is being watered down to the point of being null and void by the EU beholden Parliament...

Wake the F UP...

We need to do the same in the US....

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Truth is if Theresa May and her cabinet wanted Brexit then we would be out by now. New markets would have been set up and deals put in place. Now we have the continuing fear factor working away on the population who are being nicely primed for another referendum. At the end of the day she is just a mouthpiece for those behind the scene who really call the shots.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

If thousands have to be out of work then so be it. Sometimes there can be no gain without pain. It might be that further down the line those thousands will be better off. Is the EU government worried about how it will affect member states? I doubt it, they just don't want anyone to be better off after leaving lest it creates a domino effect.
edit on 11-12-2018 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

No.
She has never been clever.
She has always been able to sound like she is just the right person for the job, then made an utter mess of it.

Same when she was home secretary and messed up policing and immigration to such an extent that knife crime shot up, immigration rose hugely and the home office started to try deporting British citizens who arrived as children in the 1960s.

Her mouth is always writing cheques her intellect cannot cash.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Large companies with hundreds of British workers have been bribed to ship those jobs to europe or the far east, so the UK should get out before the brussels mafia ships out mor Britsh jobs, That sod dyson springs to mind, and has thwe effing cheek to advertise his vacuum cleaners in Britain.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
I have a feeling people might be underestimating Theresa May here. Dont get me wrong, I dont like the woman one bit, but you have to wonder what her game is? By delaying the vote till January, she has taken a second referendum off the table. She has forced a time out on it. The EU has a simple choice, relax the backstop or have a no deal brexit. There are no other options available.

I might have agreed with you at one point that she was being very clever and

doing a double bluff..... but her trying to stop the legal advice she was given

from coming out was a deliberate step too far for me.

I dont know if this is by design? Certainly some remainers seem to think it is. If it is part of her plan, she has been very clever. Nothing else could have convinced the EU that a no deal brexit was really on the cards. The only way she could convince them of that, was if the remainers in the UK believe it too - and now they do.
I think she has just engineered a game of brinkmanship with the EU. If the EU blinks first, we get a time limit on the backstop and a deal that will probably pass through parliament. If not, we get a no deal brexit.

I dont think she is either strong enough nor has had the brinkmanship

experience required to deal with the EU mafia.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is probably a stupid statement, but I'm not that bright so I'll say it anyway.

Far from stupid..... someone from afar who can see the problem with clarity'

The UK, Britain, is a sovereign nation.
Why in the blue-bloody f#ck do they need permission from Europe to bug out of a pact?
Friggin' leave.
Tell them to "stuff it".
Call them "wankers".

Couldn't have said it better myself !!!!

Except perhaps I would refer to them as the Mafia, more like gangsters than wankers?

Just do it. do it.

Quickly ....... like yesterday.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Youh

Then you can understand that in some areas at least, the locals feel a lot of the jobs that Johnny and Janey foreigner are beneath them. Who will pick our fruit and veg, who will work our process lines. our fish factories. There are massive staffing shortages coming across certain sectors.

And think of the loss in taxes from tbe income of a workforce that isn't there anymore

You understand though?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join