It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe, where the f... are you going?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hope it doesn't cross the channel

edit on 11-12-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
I always advocated coordinated bank runs instead of protests.
Could you imagine the chaos if people just went on strike as a country and took all their money out?

Could start by demanding to be paid cash, take the banks out of the employee-employer relationship altogether. Would force banks to take action in attracting investors and rewarding them instead of treating them as plebs and their money as the banks property to do with as they will, especially so in cahoots with govt. Remember Greece?

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

The European UNION has hurt the nations' citizens since day 1...

Why isn't there a EUropean wide march on BRUSSELS is beyond me...

RISE UP EUROPE... the EU isn't looking out for you...

Many of the yellow vests are males aged 35-50. Ordinarily, protests that turn aggressive have higher proportion of younger people. The youth have been primed to believe the EU is all good and to not notice the negative impacts and how the arbitrary rules, whilst making freedom of movement and increasing consumer choice, actually reduces liberty.

I think this has been achieved through both media and educational curriculums that shape young minds to accept and not question.

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: toysforadults

As long as the elite abused are in an uproar, they feel comfortable in their castles..

Whilst they roll out the knights to crush the pawns?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
regarding the posts about past revolution, last time i've checked France isn't a monarchy anymore. you vote - you live with the consequences. sure, one can get pissed after getting lied to by the government, but as i've said, there are other ways than violence to try first.

and even with violence, targetting anyone else than the government is NEVER a solution, unless your goal is to hurt innocent people.

chopping heads off? seriously?

some of you sound like a blood hungry mob just waiting until SHTF.

i'm not living in France. are you? how would you feel, if it wouldn't be safe for your family/friends to go out, because they could get their heads chopped off?

keyboard warriors. i'm disappointed in you, ATS.

also, to clarify, i'm thankful some of you try to have a reasonable discussion here instead of trying to justify the stupidity of some of the protesters. it's quite possible that acts of violence are caused by 3rd party agents as well - trying to stir the pot. lets not forget what was happening in Ukraine.

but lets also not forget about the fact that when social unrest reaches a certain threshold, forces from other EU countries may step in to bring the situation under control. as far as i remember, that's the law in EU. starting a violent revolution in a single EU country is simply suicide. you would have to either do it in most of the EU at once, or do it peacefully. otherwise it's playing right into EU's hands, giving them an excuse to tighten their grip even more. is that what you want?
edit on 11/12/2018 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Apparently You're not paying attention.

They've tried talking. They've tried voting. They've tried mostly peaceful things.

To no avail. They are still getting kicked in the stomach.

So ask yourself this:

Are you so much a pacifist, that you'll continue to lay there getting beat up, hurt and living in misery, all the while thinking "Gee. I deserve being treated this way. I should just lay here with no hope what so ever and let them do crap to me." ?

When all other recourse has failed, people resort to what you are seeing. It's called "Civil Unrest" for a reason.

All governments should take heed. If you stop listening to your people, and continue to crap all over them, this is what happens.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

check my edit, i've posted a bit too soon it seems.

also, civil unrest won't work if it'll stop at France, and to get a widespread support across EU, they have to act like a civilized people, not like a bunch of rabid dogs, because people elsewhere, looking at France and asking themselves "do we want the same situation here?" will certainly answer "no".

and unless it'll spread across the EU, causing it to fall apart, it simply won't work.

as for me, imho EU has crossed the point of no return quite some time ago. my goal is to get out of here, preferably to Japan, but Singapore seems like a more reasonable target for the nearest future. the law and economy in EU is screwed up in general, but there are things that can't be fixed with politics alone - and that's society. and i'm not too fond of the way this society behaves. at all.

also, the weather. i hate migraines.
edit on 11/12/2018 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The French have always been like that to some extent. I guess we were not seeing it over the last decade so much so the younger generation does not realize how uncivil they can get there.

The French riot every year - it's a national pastime.

We Brits riot every couple of years - so it's more of a hobby.

As far as i can see, you Yanks only riot when someone wins a national.......sorry International sporting trophy......

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I'm not so sure ordinary people should be targeted as they also work their ass off but maybe they should be targeting those people in Government and their properties!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: rickymouse
The French have always been like that to some extent. I guess we were not seeing it over the last decade so much so the younger generation does not realize how uncivil they can get there.

The French riot every year - it's a national pastime.

We Brits riot every couple of years - so it's more of a hobby.

As far as i can see, you Yanks only riot when someone wins a national.......sorry International sporting trophy......

Yeah, over here Antifa is doing a bad thing, they start riots. I wonder if they are decendents of French people who feel left out.
I looked at Wiki about french riots last night, it appears they do not call it a riot unless it is really big. I guess here our small riots wouldn't even be classified as Riots in France.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And the banks because all of this mess is their fault.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

the way I see it is if their grievances were being addressed maybe they wouldn't burn your house down. this is coming to the US soon, just wait. I think you think they should just passively deal with their situation while the government autonomously forces immigration down their throat and raises their taxes to deal with it.

Doubtful it will come to the US. The Frenchmen have an history of violently overthrowing the govt. when they aren't happy with it, sure, but you have to look at what makes it possible for them to do such a thing. Did you look at the men who took part in the manifestations? Young and fit and healthy. How are the people in America going to be do half of what they did, when most people are so obese they can barely walk on their own, need mehcanical tools to get anywhere, and almost have a heart attack walking down the stairs?

I think you think they should just passively deal with their situation while the government autonomously forces immigration down their throat and raises their taxes to deal with it.

What's with the anti-immigrant sentiment that is so widespread on this website? I met Syrian students back when I was in college. I met Iranians and Iraquis and Pakistanis and Jordanians and such, men and women who came along to Europe looking for a better life. What's wrong with that? Wouldn't you want to live in a Country with a higher quality of living if you were unfortunate enough to be born in Saudi Arabia and you happened to be born as part of the people, not as part of the Royal Saudi Family?

Chill out, bro. The Muslims aren't going to steal your wives and daughters and take the land. That sort of populist nonsense is what enabled an obese, elderly, racist, mentally ill man to become the President of the USA.

Easy there, François-Noël Babeuf, life isn't an Hollywood movie. There is no way a 21th century Democracy is going to be taken down, especially not like that. Burn it down. Are you even listening to yourself?

support it. burn the place down that's my opinion. that will wake people up out of their slumber GO FRANCE!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join