It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Meaningful Vote Postponed ... A Little Too Meaningful For Mrs May

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So true. They was never gonna leave . Ashame

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: gortex

I'm betting the whole thing will be cancelled as I read earlier that article 50 states the vote can be overturned which the media are pushing, so i'd say it's going to be overturned and cancelled, there will be no brexit and the whole process has been a huge waste of time. We will be back in the hands of Brussels and Germany on border patrol and those Migrants/illegals will continue trying to get to Britain via Paris.

I have lived through 14 U.K. Prime Ministers. I have never witnessed such an inept PM as the current incumbent.

I have never been a part of a mass demonstration against any of those Prime Ministers. However, if Brexit is cancelled i and many others will be on the street.

I'm not gonna bother going out on a protest but i'll be watching some of it live on YT.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So true. They was never gonna leave . Ashame

It isn't over yet , letters of No confidence have already been sent to Tory party officials they are just short of the numbers needed to trigger the vote , this little stunt could convince Conservative MPs who were holding off sending there letters in to do so now.

Mrs May is due to give her speech in Parliament soon , hopefully it's one of her last as PM.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

When Cameron showed his true colours and ran away like the two faced coward he is May was prepared to step up to the plate.
No-one under such circumstances was going to have an easy ride - she was literally handed a poisoned chalice.

I dont know if I shouldn't begrudingly admire Cameron, when he came back

from Brussels with no concessions and so gave us the referendum (I know they

didnt think it would go the way it did
)

I'd like to believe he resigned because he couldn't betray us and left it for some

one who could? .... May's ambition was almost tangible.

She's apparently been offering honours (bribes) for favours in her campaigns

I wonder what the EU is giving her to betray us.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Admire Cameron?

Never!

It wasn't due to any sort of loyalty to the British people or a sense of duty that Cameron resigned....quite the opposite.
He said he'd see the UK through Brexit and resigned at the first opportunity - coward.
He knew what was going to follow and couldn't get rid of the hot potato quick enough.

I think there should be a row of politicians heads on spikes on Westminster Bridge as a warning to those who seek to govern us.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It isn't over yet , letters of No confidence have already been sent to Tory party officials they are just short of the numbers needed to trigger the vote , this little stunt could convince Conservative MPs who were holding off sending there letters in to do so now.

^^^^^^

Isnt that one of her's *nothing's agreed till every things agreed^

She would do well to remember the other one *No deal is better than a bad deal*

She's obviously loosing some memory cells.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The whole things has been a joke from day one.

Kind of tragic that No-Deal, seems to be better than Mays-Deal.

I voted remain, I am still remain, this is a total disaster, was a stupid play by Cameron in the first place.

meh.....

At least we still have Jonathan Pie

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is a live stream right now.

May looks a tad nervous:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So, why wouldn't 'no deal Brexit' be the most desirable outcome?

Seems to me that is the best way.

Because it would probably trigger a worse recession than 2008.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If the EU isn't willing to make a deal, than F 'em.

I bet the US would love to make a deal- keep you afloat until you work out trade agreements.
For a price, of course.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
If the EU isn't willing to make a deal, than F 'em.

The EU is willing to make a deal. The European Court of Justice has ruled the UK can unilaterally cancel Brexit any time they like. Just pick up the phone and it'll all be over.

You can see where this is going. The EU have insisted on the Northern Ireland backstop, which is designed to screw the UK in future trade negotiations because it's the proverbial gun to the head. It's an affront. The EU won't back down on this. So it's...

1. "Hard" Brexit, with all the risk and opportunity that entails. The MPs won't vote for this. Too main Remainers.
2. Pick up the phone and apologise for the confusion. Not sure the MPs will want this either as this will open them to criticism of not delivering the democratic mandate from the Referendum V1.
3. Referendum V2, where the outcome is far from certain, but the choice will be "hard" or "stay". With so much publicity on the negative of a "hard" under the Project Fear V2, it's likely the vote will be "stay". The Remainers and the EU win. Smiley face for them, but Sad face for democracy.

Most scenarios in my mind see the UK being engineered to stay in the EU by those within the UK and those without.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yes she's running scared, they know that if they fail the vote then Labour WILL be the next government almost immediately, there rich backers will then have to pay there fair share of the tax burden and there Sanction's and Universal credit scam's will be abolished.

Likely Corbyn will then end up giving the people a second vote on the matter after negotiating some more breathing room from the EU - there is no way he would have let the EU swindle out of that Settlement money which she has - but then were that money changed hand's I guarantee that the Tory's or there backers behind the scene's will have there own hand in that cash pot somewhere and somehow along with the EU it's just the way the EU has always worked and the way the Tory's have always worked, remember the state contract's that Cameron was giving to his personal friend's or should I say there company's such as Atos etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
BBC are reporting sources who say Sir Graham Brady has asked to see the PM after tomorrows PMQ's , Sir Graham Brady is the man Tory MPs need to submit their No Confidence letters in Theresa May to.

Seems he could have the 48 required.
The end is Nigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join