It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Santa Claus Real. . . . .

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Phage

Mark Twain once said; (paraphrase)

"When a child turns 12 place them in a barrel with just a hole in it for food. When the child turns 16, plug the damned hole."

Instructions unclear. Havn't removed the plug in 4 years.

Wait 4 more years.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you don't think it's possible then it's not going to be. I believe it is possibly therefore I will do it.

Can't help but notice the direct link to Santa Claus in this statement.....

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

If you don't think altruism can be instilled at a young age then you have a bleak look on life and underestimate the learning capabilities of children.
edit on 12/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

They have facilitated it.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Ho,Ho,Ho!
Alive and Well.
Merry Christmas!
S&F

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Blame it on the solstice.

Pagan, it is.

We made it! The days are getting longer!

edit on 12/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The days are getting shorter where I'm at. Winter is where many things die, spring is when things spring back to life. "The most wonderful time of the year" is when plants and trees are dying and animals are hibernating. Quite the dichotomy if you ask me. That's the way of the world though.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The days are getting shorter where I'm at.

Right up until Christmas, or so.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
There's an overwhelming consensus that global clausing is real...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I don't hear Christmas music after Christmas day.
edit on 12/6/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The ironly is that if she had found herself in the kind of school where Santa Claus is racist, she would have been all right.
He's also cultural appropriation, of course- the reindeer from the Laplanders, and the name from the Dutch.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yes. Real. Seen him. Twice.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What will happen to Santa when the ice cap melts?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Probably because they know Santa is a lie.

Ya know Phage. When all you get in your Xmas stocking is a lump of coal you'll only have yourself to blame
edit on 6-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Phage

I'm not going to lie to them.

Wanna bet?

It's so cute to see single people make promises about being a parent.

this is true

you have no #ing idea how youre actually going to feel about these types of things when you dont actually have kids.
you cant

its jut not possible

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Enlightened,

i feel like you are the kind of person that knows what depths of love is possible cause you love your niece or nephew oh so much.

we all know those people

maybe you will stuck to you guns but i along with the other parents dont think so

it is great that you and the lady have your plan for how and what you are going to teach and raise and i am sure you will stick to some of it.

but you are speaking on things that you really cant speak on.

your opinions on a lot of # is going to change the moment you see your child. #ing guarantee that

and not for the nothing but why not let the little #er be a child and believe in something fun for a handful of years?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

If u found a Santa clause in your house in the middle if the night rummaging about in the dark would you just go back to your bed thinking... Ohh it's just old saint nick with our prezzies.

Seriously though there does come a point where a child learns that Santa is indeed known to be a myth, and the people they trust the most in the world have been lying to them their whole life and they think it's ok.... It's what we do !
Psychological studies have shown that this creates a conditioned learned behaviour, in this case, deceit!!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Coal in ManyMasks' xmas stocking too I'm afraid.

There will be tears . . . . .

When will you guys learn. 3,000,000+ three year olds can't ALL be wrong.

Do the maths Phage.

edit on 6-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I will try and redeem myself by saying that the underplayed thing and the thing that is most important is imagination and the power of that in itself is mysterious and unknown.
Everything exists in the imagination, we should be feeding their imaginations.
But as soon as they question the validity of SC then we should encourage them for questioning.
I will always remember my daughter in the queue with me to meet Santa she was 6, and she said i dont think this is the real Santa, i said you are a smart girl.
We all have our ways i suppose, but i cant ever remember finding out when Santa was a lie, can anyone else??, maybe we have blocked that traumatic experience frim or psyche lol
edit on 6-12-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The real Santa is mom and dad.
So yes Santa is real just not riding the sled in the air.

The truth I enjoyed most is that the original end of the year celebration was about winter solstice which is hidden in the story of Christ being crucified and having been dead 3 days comes back to life.

Dec 21 we see the shortest daylight hours of the year and for 3 days the daylight hours don't get any shorter or longer but then after 3 days the savior is risen and we start gaining approximately 1 minute per day of daylight every day all the way to the summer solstice.

Why did I enjoy that so much? Because I've always struggled with the idea of people needing a saviour in the sense that Christ was thought of. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Does that make the saviour a false teaching? No! It makes him and allegory which I enjoy even more than the story we are all taught!

edit on 6-12-2018 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join