It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Santa Claus Real. . . . .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Good to see you softening up there ManyMasks.

Kids are smart, your daughter spotted the counterfeit Santa straight away.

The ability to discern counterfeit from the genuine article automatically implies that the genuine article is a known.

Furthermore, in the absence of scientific evidence quantifying Santa's non-existence, it must be logically assumed that telling small children that Santa is a lie, is in itself a lie.

Therefore, Santa must be real.

Perhaps as adults we have seen so many fakes and decietful counterfeits that we now doubt Santa's very existence?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That was a dick thing to do. What the hell is wrong with educators lately?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well she is wrong, through the years people have tried to tell me Santa was fake, but each year I still get gifts under my tree.

Who look the fool now, sweetie...…..

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I found out when my Uncle Tom came in dressed as Santa and I realized it was him and in shocked confusion blurted out, "That's not Santa that's Uncle Tom" in front of everyone including the other kids and got in huge trouble for it. I was just a confused innocent but that didn't matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

This one is real simple..ask your parents!!

True, but where do you draw the line?

I don't want teachers explaining what a rusty trombone is to 6 yr olds, but we need to be clear here.
What topics should we expect teachers to lie, mislead or withhold information about?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
She can tell the students that Santa is not real and get fired.

You can bet your bippy that if she had told the students that Jesus was mythical, they would have bent over backwards to defend her and keep her there.

The world has gone nuts...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Theres that theory that gods are a product of belief...So the more people that believe in a thing, the more real it may become.
If enough believe in Father Christmas, then there's a chance he will pop into existence based on that...for one night, at least

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The Neil Gaiman school of thought!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Him and Terry Pratchett, certainly

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Why would a teacher say that to a group of kids though? That's ridiculous. She should have been fired.

Lot's of kids are ugly too. You don't tell them that. That kind of truth only hurts people.

Ok, but why the need to tell them the lie in the first place? wouldnt they enjoy the holidays and the gifts etc just as much, if they knew he wasnt real? I mean, kids watch all kinds of shows and movies, with stuff they know aint real, they seem to enjoy themself while doing so....

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The idea that you need to lie to a child to fuel their imagination is absurd. In order to believe that, you would need to also believe that when a child plays "cops and robbers" or "house" they actually believe they are truly a cop, or a robber, or an adult with a house and adult responsibilities. Kids can play pretend and have fun imagining things without the delusion that it's real. If anything believing in Santa actually destroys imagination because inevitably you will find out the truth. You'll be presented with a belief in an amazing magical world, only to have it ripped from you through the harsh realities of the real world. You'll learn the world is not a magical place of wonder in the worst way possible, all because your parents were too incompetent to teach you the real wonders of the world around you, and instead rely on fantastical lies.

Even worse, Christmas teaches the idea that having a giant all seeing eye watching your every move and judging you is something to not only acceptable but good. So great indoctrination to accepting a surveillance state. Screw privacy rights. Tow the line and you'll be rewarded. Not to mention how lazy this is for the parents. I mean seriously, you need to trick your child into believing some magical sky elf is watching their every move to get them to behave? Come on.

You want to give kids a strong imagination? Play with them, show all the neat ways they can build things using their own imagination. Challenge them with puzzles and games. Play pretend with them, actually help them use their imaginations and build up the power of their imaginative mind. There's literally nothing imaginative about Santa Clause, in fact it's the exact opposite of imaginative for the child as it takes none, since well it's not like the child imagined it, you did, in fact the child trusts you and thinks it's real... so yeah no imagination. The only one "Santa" is actually an imaginative exercise for is you the adult playing pretend while simultaneous deluding your child into buying into your pretend bull# for real.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It teaches kids that materialism is a reward and skills be valued.

No. It helps kids to behave during the onset of winter. Negative reinforcement, "If you aren't good, Santa won't bring any presents."

Materialism, nada. Be good, todos.

That is a BS argument, it has nothing to do with wether santa is real or not. Same lessons can be learned even though the kids know it is the parents who buy their presents.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
The idea that you need to lie to a child to fuel their imagination is absurd. In order to believe that, you would need to also believe that when a child plays "cops and robbers" or "house" they actually believe they are truly a cop, or a robber, or an adult with a house and adult responsibilities. Kids can play pretend and have fun imagining things without the delusion that it's real. If anything believing in Santa actually destroys imagination because inevitably you will find out the truth. You'll be presented with a belief in an amazing magical world, only to have it ripped from you through the harsh realities of the real world. You'll learn the world is not a magical place of wonder in the worst way possible, all because your parents were too incompetent to teach you the real wonders of the world around you, and instead rely on fantastical lies.

Even worse, Christmas teaches the idea that having a giant all seeing eye watching your every move and judging you is something to not only acceptable but good. So great indoctrination to accepting a surveillance state. Screw privacy rights. Tow the line and you'll be rewarded. Not to mention how lazy this is for the parents. I mean seriously, you need to trick your child into believing some magical sky elf is watching their every move to get them to behave? Come on.

You want to give kids a strong imagination? Play with them, show all the neat ways they can build things using their own imagination. Challenge them with puzzles and games. Play pretend with them, actually help them use their imaginations and build up the power of their imaginative mind. There's literally nothing imaginative about Santa Clause, in fact it's the exact opposite of imaginative for the child as it takes none, since well it's not like the child imagined it, you did, in fact the child trusts you and thinks it's real... so yeah no imagination. The only one "Santa" is actually an imaginative exercise for is you the adult playing pretend while simultaneous deluding your child into buying into your pretend bull# for real.

Truth right here!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
kids will have upwards of 60 years to face a world with no magic, where everything needs an explanation.

Sometimes you can't give them much, but believing in a fairytale where Father Christmas can visit every child on Earth in a single night and leave them a little present is a good thing.

Why shouldn't they have a little wonder? They can worry about credit card bills and stuff in a few years time.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
While my grandsons understand Santa Claus is a spirit idea of jolly fun, good cheer and giving...they don't even ruin other kids faith by understanding it is simply fun. They still enjoy our tradition of discovering Santa's sooty palm print next to the fireplace too.

My husband and I had to explain why we collect so many toys throughout the year and for girls too! Who they were for and Why we did so if Santa was real? Our best explanation was our own truth of the spirit of Christmas. Yet, that was for us to decide, not a stranger.

This teacher would maybe have her job still if she would have made it a history lesson, provided all the different opinions, but left it up to the children to decide for themselves or ask their parents. Then again, unfortunately, many Santa myths came from many religions different and evolving beliefs! Egad and nowadays, the education system does not seem to encourage thinking for one's self!

Yep, have to agree...teacher should have simply referred children to address this with their parents.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
kids will have upwards of 60 years to face a world with no magic, where everything needs an explanation.

Sometimes you can't give them much, but believing in a fairytale where Father Christmas can visit every child on Earth in a single night and leave them a little present is a good thing.

Why shouldn't they have a little wonder? They can worry about credit card bills and stuff in a few years time.

But there is lots of wonders in the real world, so that is a bs argument. No need to tell kids lies and create fantasies for them to believe in, for them to experience wonders and adventures. Youre very cynical if you believe otherwise

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Exactly, they will have plenty of time with adult reality..lets kids be kids

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: SprocketUK

But there is lots of wonders in the real world, so that is a bs argument. No need to tell kids lies and create fantasies for them to believe in, for them to experience wonders and adventures. Youre very cynical if you believe otherwise

Most of them will face an adult life of hardship, hard work and pretending not to hate the people they have to share the world with.
There are more damaging lies around, like "My religion is better than yours, my politics is better than yours, my way is better than yours" ad infinitum.

Seems to me that people wanting to pee all over someone else's chips in this way just arent happy seeing others with a smile on their face.

It costs nothing to play the game a little at this time of year and harms no one.

Would you be happy with some teacher telling the kids there is no god/gods to deeply religious kids?

Who has the right to crush another's belief structure?
Anyway, Santa is real, used to follow the NORAD tracks with my kids when they were little and NORAD wouldn't lie, they are serious people

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Imagine if she said more than two genders is fake..

a reply to: Bluntone22

They would have resurrected witch trials and burned her at the stake.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
NORAD tracks Santa every year.

QED

I was always under the impression he used Stealth technology. Who'd a thought...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join