It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone bring me back?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
((((Not really sure where to put this, so if it is in the wrong place feel free to move it. I'm more of a lurker, so I dont know much about actually making the threads. ))))

My wife noticed something was wrong when she stopped getting her daily earful of whatever crazy new thing I was engulfed in. She finally just asked me what's been making me seem so gloomy lately.

The truth is, I think I've gotten so deep into these conspiracies that I've gone beyond that. I'm now in a position where I dont even think I can believe anymore. This stuff has always been a big part of who I am, and now I'm just sad.

It's been a mixture of things that have shaken my beliefs. One thing that really got my gears turning though was a podcast that had a guy talking about alien disclosure, he was talking about how he no longer believes the government has any real ties to aliens or that the gov even knows what the et's are. I was shaking my head the whole time he was explaining it. ( this guys ridiculous) Later that night as I was doing the usual mining for new info about the subject, I couldn't feel the excitement that was normally there. I was bored with it right away. I hadn't realised how much of an impact just hearing that had on me until I tried to lay down that night. The idea all this stuff I've researched and believed for most of my life have all been money grabs? No way, I've seen them with my own eyes.

Did I though? Did I see an alien craft? Or are they telling me thats what it was to meet some sort of financial gain? I see alot of ats posters saying,"this guy is in it for the money", or "everone knows this guy is a fake". I struggle trying to think of any person that talks conspiracy, monsters, or UFO type stuff that doesnt make money doing it.

I'm not even sure this came out the right way. Idk guys, give me somethin good to bring me back down into the rabbit hole, it seems as though I accidentally dug my way through to the other side

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: doctorhypotenuse

The truth is, we'll never truly know either way, at least not in our lifetimes (I would guess),

For me, it's the not knowing that keeps me intrigued.

I'm a pain in the backside for trying to debunk UFO footage, not because I don't believe, but because the more fakery and nonsense I can help call out, the better the chances of coming across something truly unexplainable.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The more you know the more you realize you dont know. The less you know the more you think you know.

Oh, yeah, if you beLIEve it I beLIEve it!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Well, here's one very matter of fact way to look at your dilemma...

From a scientific perspective, the likelihood that ET will show up in a disc shaped flying saucer, and be some life form humans can recognize (i.e. two legs, two arms, a torso and a head albeit strangely different) will emerge is probably next to zero and mostly hype. The laws of physics, as we understand them, pretty much preclude this from being a possibility.

On the other hand, and more likely, ET (if he exists) is likely a life form humans will not even recognize and his method of travel will be even less recognizable still. ET may be microscopically tiny, or larger than our solar system, or may not even be a life "form" at all, but rather some type of energy force or the like. We may find out ET has been among us since the beginning of mankind and never knew it, or that we ourselves are ET and didn't realize it. OR, we may find that individual life itself is all just an illusion and there is no "one" thing, but rather a larger collective existence, all connected together, folding and bending around time and inter-dimensions.

We can find examples of all these things in our daily travels. The Universe is a collection of galaxies. A galaxy is a collection of solar systems. A solar system is a collection of planets around a star. A planet is a collection of objects both living and seemingly dead. A beach is a collection of pebbles of sand. A single grain of sand is a collection of molecules. A molecule is a collection of atoms. An atom is a collection of electrons, protons and neutrons. The bonds between these are a collection of forces. And so on, and so on. You can scale this model both up and down. What is the Universe a collection of? What is an electron a collection of?

To think that humans are the only force of consciousness in the known Universe is a selfish perspective bordering on irrational and silly. The notion ET will be "like" human form is equally irrational and silly. However, the likelihood that ET exists somewhere in between that collection of universes and that collection of elements forming an electron is very likely indeed.

Hopefully this helps restore your faith.

edit on 12/5/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

so you got tired of the never ending definite dates for "disclosure",
nibiru, Steven Grier, the DVDs, the movies, the paid site to view exclusive contents, the secret government space programs with its officers traveling back and forth to "Orion " ... etc.

dont feel too bad. some people still believe the earth is flat and we cant reach the edge because of a pacman effect that transports a traveler to the other side without noticing...

in the grand scheme of things, after this realization, you're up. think of all the people who thinks theres an alien base on the moon along with a machine that feeds off our thoughts..for one reason or another...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I know what you mean. I've just found it hard lately
to ignore the fact that even if loch ness was completely drained and there was no nessie, people that make these docs, sell merch, and are giving you the inside scoop would NEVER tell you that nessi wasnt there. (money money money)

That's just an example.

At some point science can prove nessie is or isnt real by doing the research on the water lvls, vegetation, marine life, ect.

Aliens are the perfect cash machine, life is 100% possible in the vastness of space. If you ask me I'd say there is a 100% chance they're out there right now, but I could never prove one way or the other. So you'll just have to take my word for it and buy stock into my new company so I can feed you the same stuff you've seen repeatedly or just some blatantly fake videos.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I cant disagree with anything you said. haha

No but really, it does help just to have an honest conversation about it. Instead of trying to convince me to by a time share and give me a sweet deal on one of those bridges I've been hearing about

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
One of the other things you have to consider is that many of life's great mysteries have a foundation in legend and lore of centuries past. And many cultures conjured up stories to explain things which scared them. It's a human trait, to try to explain things we don't understand in terms of things we do. It makes them less scary. Centuries ago mankind attached a God status to everything they didn't understand, and worshiped it accordingly. This assuaged their fears. In some cases they even made human sacrifices to these alleged gods to show their respect.

Over time many of these legends have been explained by modern science, and those rituals progressively disappeared. A great example of this is the Nazca Lines in Peru. When they were first discovered they were thought to be of alien origin. Over time it was discovered that the lines were actually a product of man, like the great pyramids, who traced them out in the desert as a show of reverence to forces they didn't understand.

And while some of these specific things may have been explained over the centuries, it doesn't mean that the underpinning mystery or fear was explained away at the same time. Loch Ness Monster is another good example; such creatures really have existed in history. Whether they exist today specifically in Loch Ness may be debatable, but the fact that they could exist doesn't go away just because they may not exist in Loch Ness proper. The Giant Squid is a great example of this. Once thought to be a thing of pure legend, only in the past decade have we found they are not actually legend, but rather very real...and alive today.

People often make fun of this phrase, but I've always felt the words of Donald Rumsfeld were brilliant when he said..."We don't know what we don't know." Those words were uttered in a different context, but they apply across a broad spectrum really. And, the truth is, we really don't know what we don't know. And THIS, should restore your faith in the mysteries of the unknown more than anything else.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Excellent thread.

This is a natural and healthy step in maintaining your mental well being.

In the same way that a religious person has a crisis of faith when they have enough real-world experience, a member of any belief system faces a similar choice to follow or pave a new path for themselves.

You can never go back. You have proven a greater truth. You have defined your reality.

Whether other people's ideas fit into your life's context or not, you now have to face YOUR choice as it is YOU have changed yourself after enough study and contemplation.

Evolve with it. Don't try to define it anymore. You have defined yourself.

You may now search for mastery of self. Along with that path, your honesty to yourself will reveal greater truths of a larger world.

I thought I knew what "only the pure of heart" meant as an inclusion into the enlightened circles.

I now realize that it means: "The honest will understand".

It is an exclusion from all that you are not. Only you remain until that is what YOU surrender.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 12 5 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It's been a mixture of things that have shaken my beliefs. One thing that really got my gears turning though was a podcast that had a guy talking about alien disclosure, he was talking about how he no longer believes the government has any real ties to aliens or that the gov even knows what the et's are. I was shaking my head the whole time he was explaining it. ( this guys ridiculous) Later that night as I was doing the usual mining for new info about the subject, I couldn't feel the excitement that was normally there. I was bored with it right away. I hadn't realised how much of an impact just hearing that had on me until I tried to lay down that night. The idea all this stuff I've researched and believed for most of my life have all been money grabs? No way, I've seen them with my own eyes.

Maybe you need to start researching this from a different angle because these ET's aren't what you think they are. If you've been around ATS, I'm sure you've read about the "spiritual" aspect of all of this. ET's might be spiritual entities (angels and demons) who do have the ability to manifest themselves into the physical world at will, which would explain why no one has been able to capture one or knows what they really are. The Bible gives many examples of interactions with these entities. Maybe this void, empty feeling, or faith shaking that you're experiencing is God himself trying to direct you in another direction for more than one reason. There's more to our own lives than what we experience in the physical and maybe it's time you research all of it to get a better understanding.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If you want aliens, go visit China in 2022. They will have up to four new stars parked over specific skiesthat they claim will be artificial moons they are making to reduce energy consumption in urban areas at night. An alliby that is so pathetically laughable when even they admit they would barely be noticeable as stars and yet somehow produce four times the light of the moons reflection of the sun .

The annual saving in energy reduction do not even make sense to considering the resources and money that will be required to pay those in space??? Just an excuse to explain the aliens that will be parked in their skies. The only other explanation would be some space based weapons platform that would focus the sun's Ray's for a serious magnifying glass on humans effect.

Also, one of the Chinese space websites is not accessible to me, possibly due to a firewall blocking foreign ip's or specific foreign. Ip's.
edit on 12-5-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sack it off and get a different hobby.

Read some fiction or autobiographies. Maybe even some real science books.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Being in the rabbit hole too long is not always the best thing. It is really good to investigate what is really real but the amount of deception spewed in our society can bring you down if you do not watch it.

Things most people think are real in their everyday life are just conditioning we learned to believe are normal. Sales pitches throughout the decades have changed our perception and now society has been steered to believe things that we do not need are necessities which caused a big rise in debt of people. I was once blinded, now I am awake. But my kids and grandkids and three quarters of the population are still believing in something unreal. They say conspiracy theorists believe in unreal stuff, but in essence consensus of the day that most people believe in is much worse than believing in conspiracies.

We debunk and discuss conspiracies here, trying to find the truth. I see people presenting conspiracies and it is nice having many people give input on things so we can try to find what is real. There are some here who try to stuff their belief of the matter down others throats, but that happens all throughout our societies. Their beliefs steer their perception.

Welcome back to the rabbit hole, rabbit consciousness is not always wrong, but is often not accepted by the brainwashed majority of our countries as normal. You will not be considered nuts in the real world for believing something, it is what you say on the issue in your town that gets you labeled as a kook. So watch not to go overboard with this stuff in your community and do not just associate with those who share your beliefs, intermingle with everyone. If we all infiltrate society and slowly try to show people the truth slowly, the truth will soon be accepted as real.

If you are considered a conspiracy nut by those who know you, you will usually alienate yourself from them and they will actually go the opposite way with their beliefs. get the truth out there about things, but do not dwell on it, if it is against someone's beliefs they will rarely accept it. I have been studying the history of brainwashing and foods used to control society, it goes back thousands of years, we are conditioned well. Just to fit together in society we need conditioning though, otherwise chaos would erupt and it would be the wild west again. We need rules and regulations, often these are not based on real things but in essence, they work to keep the peace.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Your bubble has been burst. Doesn't mean it wont come back, but you'll probably need a bigger bubble. Happens to all of us, especially those on the different or counter knowledge path, looking behind the curtain of surface (widely known) facts to the unexplained.

Just know that your podcast experience revealed some ugly truths about perceived like minded individuals - NOT an Ultimate Truth about the ET community - just those who profit from the community. BTW, just because some folks are definitely into the commerce/greed/money aspect doesn't NECESSARILY devalue their work. But it does make you more wary of accepting anyone's "truth" without also understanding their (inherent) "bias".

Keep Calm and Carry On - accept the facts about people (and their motives) - "absorb what is useful" "trust no one" "the truth is out there". Ignore the obvious commercial realities about Alien Con (now in multiple cities across the USA), just because these folks are making a living off the ET Community doesn't mean they're all cheats and liars.
It just means they care about money and know how to leverage their interests/passion for profit.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think I understand what you're feeling.

I don't know how much or what you believed, on the ET subject, but if you were believing most of what you read and watch about the subject, then this development in your thoughts and feelings is a GOOD thing!

Because the vast majority of what is out there on the subject is utter bullcrap. Truly.

I have flip-flopped several times on the subject. Now my belief is that most, if not all, of the crafts people see (which aren't mistaken IDs), are government secret tech.

It's a fact that our intelligence services have been deeply involved in the UFO subject from the 1940's. That alone should tell a person something. They WANT us to think that they are hiding knowledge from us.

And I do think they have knowledge they are hiding, but it's about their own technogy they've developed.

I also believe (and this is cynical) that most of the abduction stories, etc, are fantasies. And many are folks trying to get famous or make money or whatever weird need they have.

So if you are now going to start really looking critically at everything about the subject- that is WONDERFUL.

What did you see? Is there a thread here that describes your experience?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

give me somethin good to bring me back down into the rabbit hole,

No. Stay out. Rabbit holes are dug by other people. Put those other people together and all the holes turn into a big labyrinthine warren. Fall into someone elses hole and it becomes an endless crawl through other rabbits crap trails.

I dont even think I can believe anymore.

Good. How many of us believe that what we are is a collection of beliefs. I believe this and I believe that and on and on. And on. Try taking a small amount of time and read posts here and you may find that it is riddled with people listing what they believe. Sometimes we can find people who list a long list of what they believe. It's like that is who they are, a collection of beliefs.

I think there is a difference between thinking something and believing something. I haven't worked it all out to my own satisfaction yet but it seems to me that thinking something allows for more freedom to think something else while believing something offers no freedom of thought at all other than to push one further down which ever rabbit hole that belief serves as a doorway for. Does that make any sense to you?

Somehow it is easier to realize that our thought may be incorrect while the idea that our beliefs can be incorrect can be catastrophic to us.

it seems as though I accidentally dug my way through to the other side

And good again. Maybe you no longer need the cozy warmth of those warrens.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Thanks for your reply I appreciate your 2 cents. The original reason I made an account on here was so I could tell that story. I'm just not good at typing things out very eloquently. That and I'm always worried I'll expose myself to people who can get into my stuff. Just making this thread was a pretty big step for me. Maybe I'll gain a little momentum from this thread and actually get it out there.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Keep cool. You've just had your balloon popped.
Firstly, rationalise the money makers in the ufo field. Probably the vast majority are in it for the money, but think on this. What if you had an experience, you knew was real. You want to tell the world and all of a sudden you're ridiculed, lose your job and probably lose your friends. Now how do you pay the bills?
So it's all might, maybe, could be, couldn't be does not prove one way or another. No matter what the debunkers want to say because they have no evidence to prove there isn't aliens, only citing the lack of evidence and our own paradigm of if aliens exist they are too far away and impossible to travel here, speed of light etc. etc.
The usual phrase is " absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
Using todays limited knowledge of science. This is another part of mans conceitedness, or just because we can't do it no other entity can.
Just go along like any intelligent person, sit on the fence till it's proved one way or another. Hope to have an experience yourself then you really will know and no amount of debunkers will shake you.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The most important thing to realize is this...

FAKE NEWS!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So, basically, you are saying you want to believe, but aren't sure you do anymore?

What you need to do is ask yourself what it is you want to believe, and why. Do you have a need to believe in certain things, or is it just that these topics have been of interest to you? If there is a need, why? Do you now doubt all conspiracies, or just certain ones?

There are plenty of proven, and known, conspiracies. Such things do exist. So, looking for others isn't an unreasonable thing to do, as long as we apply some common sense.

It seems like you believe that podcast to be true, and it's disappointing to you, because you wanted to believe that particular conspiracy. So, why believe that guy? Did he have good evidence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join