It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your humble opinion, what's REALLY going on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

What's life like for the agnostic dreamer the believes anything is possible

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think my username makes it pretty clear where I stand on the matter. Look. What does it all matter? Who cares. You're going to waste all your life worrying about it just to find out that it's all ridiculous if you don't make your own meaning out of it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurd

Curious. Have you ever taken the "Landmark Forum?"

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ElGoobero
it was explained to me thus
life on earth for a Christian is like basic training in the military.
you have to go through stuff to see if you're really dedicated. and not a quitter.
the really good stuff comes in the next world.

What exactly is there in the next world that would require us not to be quitters? Sounds ominous.

No, it's a cumulative goodness as a reward. Store up your treasure in heaven where neither thief nor woodworm can destroy, kind of thing, which would suggest that striving for virtue is it's own "always always" reward, even now, but what they're saying is - just wait until you see what's really in store for you, you good and faithful servant. You've shown that you can be responsible in small matters so you're going to be in charge of ten cities, so to speak (whatever that means in the next life).

But the last thing that good people really want to do is to "rest in peace".

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I'm.pretty much on par with John Lear and Lou Baldin on the majority of your qurstions as to why we are here.

Can you elaborate?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Simply put. It's the end of the world. The Apocalypse of Revelation. It started when the nation of Israel became a nation in 1948. And it should end 80 years later in 2028. As of now I'm watching for the next event to happen according to prophecy. And that seems to be the destruction of the government of Iran. And on the timetable I'm looking at it seems that it should be happening before 2021.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The aliens in the ocean kicked humanity off the planet, we have 30 ocean-alien days to move out,or its forced eviction. Half the world leaders want to relocate, the other half want war.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

your quotation ->

"All these things will pass away, but my word will never pass away."

ties it all together...
consider a large laboratory with rows & rows of individual closed-system Terrariums...with diverse life/flora/fauna in each ecosystem or bio-sphere.

now apply the above quote which introduces us to the concept of "My Word"--- an eternal Law ? or the Macro level construct which permits all the individually unique Bio-Spheres to live & thrive or decay & die...

'my word' is both a Law/Rule of existence and a Program which drives the course of the many physical-&-organic systems within the universe

'my word' actually transcends 'Love' as The driving force in the world

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ElGoobero
it was explained to me thus
life on earth for a Christian is like basic training in the military.
you have to go through stuff to see if you're really dedicated. and not a quitter.
the really good stuff comes in the next world.

What exactly is there in the next world that would require us not to be quitters? Sounds ominous.

basic training can be viewed as 'how bad do you want it?'
God wants everybody in, but too many do not want to do it His way.
everybody is welcome to join Team God, but remember He's the Captain.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: ElGoobero

What's life like for the agnostic dreamer the believes anything is possible

a chance to wake up and get with the program

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

I have not. Why do you ask?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

In your humble opinion, what's REALLY going on?

Beauty in the form of cyclic waning and waxing... Wax on, Wax off.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealityIsAbsurd
I think my username makes it pretty clear where I stand on the matter. Look. What does it all matter? Who cares. You're going to waste all your life worrying about it just to find out that it's all ridiculous if you don't make your own meaning out of it.

It's All Bull #

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealityIsAbsurd

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

I have not. Why do you ask?

It's a 3 day seminar that works to break down and render absurd, our reality tunnel, strong judgements, etc. to bring people to what they call the space of nothing, and while stating early on that they offer no particular "truth" the final conclusion that everyone is supposed to arrive at is that life is meaningless and absurd, and it doesn't mean anything that it doesn't mean anything. Absurd. This is in alignment with the philosophy of Gurdjieff and people involved in the preceeding "Est" (what is it? it is what it is.) movement, which was a little more aggressive in it's desire to destroy all preconceptions and rigid personality projections. (kind of funny, really)

I must say that they did a great job of rebooting a person's outlook relative to a domain of freedom and creativity (in the space of nothing).

I actually took it twice, and therefore twice paid 500 dollars for nothing at all.

However, it also had a nihilistic quality to it, that no matter how liberating and unconstraining, denies that the occurrence of life by virtue of it's very existence, and as an opportunity to create meaning and enjoy interpersonal relations, is meaningful, and that it means everything that it means everything, whereby the human being is really a sacred being, him/herself as child of God, and relative 1 to another in a familial framework on the ground of all being and becoming, even as the nothing that is everything.

The absurd and meaningless stance, has no grounding, no frame of reference. If true, one might as well just kill themselves and it would signify nothing.

I have become convinced that we are bracketed and enveloped not by nothing, but something infinitely greater than nothing because it is what it is.

It's a cop out to avoid having an authentic spiritual experience.

So when we got to the place of nothing, I raised my hand and went up front to speak with the forum leader, with 160 people gathered (in the space of nothing), and begged to differ. I said something like - but, the occurrence of life by virtue of it's occurrence and the chance to assign meaning to it, is itself meaningful. Are we not all beloved children of a loving God? He made fun of my "but" by saying "but, but, but", and then indicated that they've had pastors and chaplains attend because in that space, they feel closest to God. Red-faced, I went back to my seat, but something had taken place in this stand that I took at that moment. Afterwords I was rushed by so many and thanked profusely for having the courage to speak to the fundamental flaw in the LIE that the Landmark Forum was "selling".

I tell you if there was a red destruct button, people would press it for no reason at all other than to see if it works.

We're absurd alright. Would rather deny our own essential experience of what it means to be alive rather than have to face God in the Holy of Holies or the ground of being and becoming that we all share each in our own unique experience, yet share nevertheless and it's certainly not nothing, not a random meaningless absurdity - don't be absurd!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
God's it's so funny, why can't they get the joke, or do they?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Maybe... but I am not sure anything transcends love. Everything is energetic. Love is a subjective word. Maybe if you thought of true, divine, universal, ultimate love[not just the sexual, jealous, greedy love].

So, what if this energy that is love is the battery that powers the whole thing?

Well, if that is the case, then we have been leaving the lights on with no one home. Just think, if we had been using the energy wisely, we probably could have saved enough for a trip to Disneyland. hmph...

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Earth is nothing more than a Colosseum where the Emperors and Overlords can watch mankind do battle to the death. As immortals, they have plenty of time to watch. One warrior will prevail and, in the course of their battles, they will rise to the status of being worthy to see the path of enlightenment.

It is how it has always been; and so it shall always always be.

I agree with you, but not about a warrior being deemed worthy of a special status.

Most people are easily manipulated by evil, as it is on Earth, today.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

A priest falls overboard and nobody notices and he is stranded in the sea, he has faith that God will save him for his service to the church, a couple of hours later a fishing boat appears and say to him hey come in board, the priest says no, God will save me, an hour later a submarine comes up spots him and says hey come on board, priest: No no God will save me, then an other hour passes and a helicopter arrives to save him, but he say no God will save me, anyway he drowns goes to hell says to the devil why am I here, devil says god sent a boat a submarine and a helicopter ti save you.... But you wouldn't listen. So he sent u to me.
The absurdity of the world is what we make it.
God for me is in everything, it may be consciousness or vibrations or Saturn or the Sun it may be all that and more, there may be lesser gods and angels and demons and anything you can imagine, or not, maybe imagination is God.
Anyway my point.
God is real, because it cannot be not real cause if God was not real and you asked me the question is God real, id say, what's God.
As id have no concept of it.
But i do have a concept of it, and that is that its real but is an unknowable mystery that cannot be explained by me.
Is still real though, although then the question is what is real

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: Wasn't finished.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh, I'm familiar with the program, but I'm not one for those kinds of seminars or whatever they like to call it. Everything that I've come to believe or not believe or whatever my thoughts are on something are from the tangible experiences of my day-to-day life. That's not to say that I don't think about existential/philosophical/ethereal stuff every now and then. It can be fun, but I'm not going to waste a bunch of time worrying about what comes before or after this one guaranteed state of consciousness that I find myself in.

I had written a lengthy reply, but ultimately decided against it.

Simply saying that being an absurdist is a cop out is a cop out in and of itself.

I'm not speaking in defense or against the Landmark Forum, and I'm not here to ridicule anyone.

edit on 9-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: The automated voice in my head says, "Must be filled out."

edit on 9-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join