It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian team confirms presence of huge unexplored cave in British Columbia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

You're obviously very angry..cheer up, have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Right on ,
Thanks for posting.
I wonder how big it will be.
In 2004-5? The National Geographic Society mounted an expedition in a known cave complex in Sequoia National Park, they ended up finding a huge new complex.
At one point a passage came out 5000' up a 6000' cliff face. It made local news and was supposed to be turned into a doc. but nothing ever happened with it..

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: vance
Dateline January 2019:
A representative of the Sasquatch Peoples, has stated "That any incursion into the mouth of the so called "Pit", will be considered a border crossing violation. And that Sasquatch Forces would defend it with the utmost vigor."

Good one!
That being said, I'm interested in what the local First Nations have to say on the topic. Very little was not known, and features like this would generally be assigned 'sacred' status. Water...liminal connections to the underworld...it has all the right components.

That was my first thought as well.

This is the entrance to a cave that is one of the seven caves, that the seven legendary tribal leaders, and their respective groups, survived the burning of the world and subsequent river valley floods.

It's a 70'? drop to the entrance floor, I wasn't getting any closer to the edge in my moto boots.

I was told there is a great deal of cultural material in the cave, some of extreme antiquity and that 4 of the seven are thought to have been identified, with 3 being well known cave complexes in the Sierra Nevada and this one being a somewhat forgotten one.
These caves' locations cross language boundaries, but are all within the Uto-Aztecan family. Does a seven caves of creation sound familiar?

edit on p00000012k181232018Wed, 05 Dec 2018 02:18:44 -0600k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

please dont take this " the wrong way " - but it would help if you actually read the OP links - and other published sources - and read the thread replies - when i say read - i mean comprehend

this post addresses most of your replies in this thread

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: vance
Dateline January 2019:
A representative of the Sasquatch Peoples, has stated "That any incursion into the mouth of the so called "Pit", will be considered a border crossing violation. And that Sasquatch Forces would defend it with the utmost vigor."

Good one!
That being said, I'm interested in what the local First Nations have to say on the topic. Very little was not known, and features like this would generally be assigned 'sacred' status. Water...liminal connections to the underworld...it has all the right components.

That was my first thought as well.
This is the entrance to a cave that is one of the seven caves, that the seven legendary tribal leaders, and their respective groups, survived the burning of the world and subsequent river valley floods.... Does a seven caves of creation sound familiar?

I'm not aware of that story, but this immediately put me in mind of the Anishnaabe stories of the Peterborough (Ontario) Petroglyphs, and how the the sounds of water that emerged from them came from B.C. It would be interesting to see if there are any such glyphs in the vicinity, as I was also told that where there are significant/sacred natural features, they are generally marked.
edit on 5-12-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: geography!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If it's unexplored, why are there two paths carved in the dirt leading right to it, as well as a walk path just to the right of it? They're saying that it was just now "discovered"?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

If it's unexplored, why are there two paths carved in the dirt leading right to it, as well as a walk path just to the right of it? They're saying that it was just now "discovered"?
Check out the scale...those two red circles surround people. The 'paths' you see are watercourse beds.

edit on 5-12-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: yup!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yep.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join