It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another year and no disclosure

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Then solve the problem with actual science and evidence. Not fireside stories.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

And quote where I said there is no other life among the endless galaxies.

But if our local group of stars is teaming with intelligent life, why are we not getting their broadcasts? Because aliens that communicate telepathically need running lights on their spaceships?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's so funny. Every year people make claims that "This will be the year of full disclosure" and every year, we get the whole "oh, its next year instead". When are people going to realize there will NEVER be full disclosure...EVER! The governments of the world are never going to give up their secrets. The only way you will ever see full disclosure is if the worlds hacking groups like Anonymous, hack the databases and release the info......if its even there in the first place. Or if Aliens land all over the world and supply the proof on their own.
edit on 4-12-2018 by QBSneak000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: neutronflux

The only thing to disclose is ufology is full of charlatans and lies.

Thanks, keep talking sense to the ones who desire mystery and intrigue and a false feeling of being smarter, more openminded or more in possession of secret or hidden knowledge that only a select few are privy to (similar to the occult and societies such as Freemasonry and Scientology). When in reality, they are merely more gullible and openminded to poison for their minds (see my signature).

The above argument is one of my pet peeves.

You can imagine anything. What if there is no need for craft by the visiting aliens. What if they visit earth by possessing any individual at will across the light years from their home plant.

What takes real insight and understanding is figuring out what is impossible, what is fantasy, what is possible, what is practical, what is real. True discernment takes imagination, intellect, and wisdom.

Take the guy that claims he was burnt by the exhaust of a UFO.

THE FALCON LAKE INCIDENT
falcontrailsresort.com...

Without warning, the entire craft tilted slightly. Michalak felt a scorching pain across his chest. His shirt burst into flames. Instinctively, Michalak turned away and tore off his shirt and undershirt. He felt a rush of air around him and looked back at the craft. It was already rising above the tree-tops. And then it was nowhere. Gone, like its sister ship.

Michalak felt nauseous. His head began to ache. Then it ached more. He broke into a sweat and vomited on the rocks.

One. You are telling me that an alien aircraft wanting to remain secret has no means of thermal imaging, or other technology to detect a human presence?

Two. What craft wanting to remain secret would land without securing the area?

Three. What’s with the vomiting? If the craft was that radioactive or toxic, the lading team would be required to monitor the area. The earth barbarians that run nuclear naval craft are responsible for many radiation and contamination surveys. But an advanced race worried about humanity’s wellbeing does not take the same safeguards?

Four. How did his hair not burn off from his head?

It’s not about fanciful imagination. It’s having the imagination and wit to know
When someone is full of BS. You got to dig through the crap to get to truth.
edit on 4-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed. Added last sentence.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Then solve the problem with actual science and evidence. Not fireside stories.

You should probably look at my response to you in light of my previous commentary, cause I think you got me wrong. I agree with what you said there: "The only thing to disclose is ufology is full of charlatans and lies."

That's pretty much what I'm trying to warn for in my other commentary as well, it's all about the money. These "charlatans" (as you put it) have found a nice niche market to draw attention with, and attention translates to money for some people making good use of advertising revenue and booksales, or DVD's, etc. (see MUFON website for example and what I said about this supposed non-profit organization that seems to have various tools on their website to make money off of the attention they're getting from people; some of them quite similar to Scientology).

It's about providing entertainment and intrigue as explained in more detail in my first comment here. Actual science is not much of a factor for ufologists (charlatans). In one of my earlier comments I quoted from an article that mentioned:

Dr. Edward U. Condon, a prominent physicist, assumed oversight of the work. In 1969, at the conclusion of the study, the Condon Report was issued. Among other things, it said that “nothing has come from the study of UFOs in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge . . . that further extensive study of UFOs probably cannot be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby.”

And another article mentioned:

How do scientists explain UFO’s? The late Dr. Donald H. Menzel, a Harvard astronomer, and Philip Klass, former senior editor of Aviation Week, are among those who have studied the subject of UFO sightings. They affirm that UFO’s are actually IFO’s (identified flying objects). When investigated, UFO’s have turned out to be identifiable things or effects, such as weather balloons, nighttime advertising airplanes and helicopters, meteors, or sun dogs.

Philip Klass explained UFO’s as natural phenomena or as incorrect identifications. ... Klass’s thought is that people who are suddenly exposed to a brief unexpected event “may be grossly inaccurate in trying to describe precisely what they have seen.”

In his book Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terence Hines states that “careful investigation has resulted in straightforward natural explanations for even very impressive-sounding UFO reports. . . . All these cases make clear the nearly total unreliability of eyewitness reports. In almost every case, the witnesses’ reports differed substantially from the actual stimulus, but in only a very few cases were the witnesses willfully lying. Their knowledge about what UFOs ‘ought’ to look like influenced their reports, along with the effects of visual illusions.”

edit on 5-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: QBSneak000
And have you considered the possibility that there is nothing to disclose (other than what I quoted from neutronflux in my previous comment)? No secret hidden knowledge that only a select few are privy to? I know, it's boring, not entertaining, no mystery, no intrigue. Just a lot of hot air and talk about it and people buying into the intriguing stories (sometimes literally by donating or buying products from websites dedicated to ufology, at the very least an increased viewer rating provides more advertising revenue for ufologists; that's also how it works in the entertainment industry).

It's a bit like this:

And I feel like Kyle there at the end sometimes reading some of the comments on this subforum by those who think there's something interesting or useful to discover in the field of ufology, or disclose regarding UFO's or aliens.
edit on 5-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just caught this ...

www.independent.co.uk...

Hope the link works...

But could this be the start of partial disclosure?🤔

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Yeah I noticed that...I know they need money to survive, like many other organisations...do you have a charity shop near you,?

Hello my alien brother 😊... welcome to our capitalist system. If you can pay you are welcome 👍...very sad ☹️

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join