It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief tells Elon Musk to stop drinking and smoking pot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Landing people on Mars, they are just stroking their own egos,
SpaceX will never put people on Mars makes good headlines though.
Your talking a Trillions Dollars
Anything less, 90% mission failure including loss of life

After looking at the designs, I think the plan is a long range trip, orbit around mars and back to earth.
Which is feasible.
SHHHH, It's a secret, the Ruskies might be watching.

www.businessinsider.com...

Probably end up with something more like the Icarus.
Want to buy a lightweight, portable, G-machine?

Let the feeble American smoke his pot and drink his whiskey

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-12-2018 by I8THATAPPLEFRITTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER

Want to buy a lightweight, portable, G-machine?

Uhh, yeah?!?

😜👌

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

1.25 million

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
maby nasa should start smoking ... 1 of them built a rocket with less money than the others yearly budget to simply exsist

Much of the money Musk uses to build his rockets came from NASA in the form of contact payments for NASA's COTS (Commercial Orbital Transportation) program and NASA's CCDev (Commercial Crew Development) Program.

Musk and SpaceX likely would not have developed the Falcon Heavy if it wasn't for the money NASA paid them. They also wouldn't have developed the Falcon 9 and the Dragon capsule as quickly as they did if they weren't doing it under those NASA contracts.

So a chunk of NASA's budget beyond the "budget just to exist" was, and still is, part of those contracts they are paying to private companies to develop cargo and crew space transportation services under those two NASA programs.

NASA also just announced a new program just this week that would pay money to private companies to develop lunar payloads as part of NASA's Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) Program. Maybe the next SpaceX might come out of this batch of private companies that NASA is partnering with, like it helped SpaceX by partnering with them back in 2007 with the COTS program.

NASA selects nine companies that will vie to put small landers on the Moon

NASA Announces New Partnerships for Commercial Lunar Payload Delivery Services

edit on 1/12/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

It's bad enough Musk has been going around abusing alcohol and smoking doobies, but has taken up calling the Russians little piece of Chicken.

I'm not sure what would be better a company led by a South African, or the Country of Russia Orbiting Mars First?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: I8THATAPPLEFRITTER
It's bad enough Musk has been going around abusing alcohol and smoking doobies, but has taken up calling the Russians little piece of Chicken.

What proof do you have that he's been "abusing alcohol and smoking doobies"? If you made that accusation based solely on the Joe Rogan interview, than you're way out-of-line just as the NASA chief. Nothing but slander.

edit on 1/12/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Pot is a gateway drug next thing you know he will be poppin pills.

Icarus, what a lame name, Is there going to be a weed symbol on it?

The Russian Tiger Spacecraft is going to be first

Pretty sure it's scheduled for 2020

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

What proof do you have that he's been "abusing alcohol and smoking doobies"? If you made that accusation based solely on the Joe Rogan interview, than you're way out-of-line just as the NASA chief. Nothing but slander.

Its not slander when he goes on TV and smokes a joint. Not a terribly bright thing to do. Also explains why hes made several bad decisions lately.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
And why exactly isn't it "a bright thing to do" in your opinion? Do you actually think having a puff of a joint is worse than a sip of wine/whiskey... or you just think it wasn't wise due to the irrational stigma that's obviously still prevalent about weed in today's society? Please bear in mind that he had a single puff, does not normally smoke weed and probably hasn't ever done so before.

He shouldn't be criticized for simply *trying* something that isn't any worse than alcohol (arguably a lot better actually) in a podcast interview (not on TV and not that it really matters).

And for anyone to insinuate that he "needs to stop drinking and smoking pot" as if it's something he does daily or has a bad habit of doing, when clearly it isn't, is most definitely committing slander.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Pot is a gateway drug next thing you know he will be poppin pills.

Okay now I know you're just trolling. Real mature kid.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well .... NASA's brilliant SCRAMJET was invented
by someone who regularly smoked dope , ....
and remains uncredited ,...

so ....

put THAT in your pipe Mr. Nasa fool

and light it up !

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

And a clock is right twice a day

I hear they are going to change the name of the spacecraft to The Purple Earple

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

He represents a company worth millions of dollars. CEOs do not put themselves in a position of smoking pot or drinking in public. What they do beh8nd closed doors is one thing but in public he represents his company's. Like it or not there are people that think you should not do drugs or even drink alcohol.

So what does he do go out and do both at the same time. Its stupid for him to alienate customers and investors its stupid.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No dog in this fight, could care less about Mr. South Africa, Purple Earple, or "Nosa can't do it"

I'm rooting for Russia

www.youtube.com...

Odds for first Successful Manned Mission Spacecraft To Orbit Mars and return to Earth Orbit

SpaceX 2-1
Russia 5-1
China 10-1
India 20-1
Japan 50-1
Nasa 100-1
The Field 200-1

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Actually nothing against Musk, Just passing time. Staying Sharp (for what I don't know?), In fact he probably gets more criticism than deserved, He tried to offer assistance to that trapped soccer team, and got dumped on. Harsh

Really none of Nasa's business
I'ts not like they are going to Mars or anything

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

If you ever watched the show pretty evident he didn't inhale,he was just like any other person that he has on his show,he was just trying to be one of the boys

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I've never eaten any Russians, but if Musk says they taste like little pieces of chicken, they must be good eatin'!! Perhaps they go well with some vodka on the rocks, as well.
edit on 2-12-2018 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

originally posted by: choos
so why did he try it publicly? lack of judgement or what?

if it was a lack of judgement would it add to the erratic behaviour claims recently or not?

Because he didn't think it was such a big deal? Kind of like how the large majority of normal people didn't think it was such a big deal? Certainly not a negative thing to publicly and symbolically (because that's all it was at most) acknowledge that taking the occasional puff of weed isn't any different (certainly not worse) than sipping from a glass of wine. I wonder how many NASA employees have the occassional glass of wine or whiskey?

What's the big deal? You tell me?

how many NASA EXECUTIVES try pot in PUBLIC?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: choos
Clearly not enough. Maybe if they did NASA would have achieved a bit more by now.

edit on 3/12/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join