It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief tells Elon Musk to stop drinking and smoking pot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm posting this not because it's obvious that one should never take drugs or binge drink during space flight, but because it seems preposterous to think that someone who is legally doing it, is somehow being singled out from the great things he's accomplishing within his own Industry for taking some 'Me Time' to relax from the perils of life.

Seriously..I don't think he got this far because of his over indulgence of pot. It may have expanded on it in fact. I think NASA has a twig up their asses over Musk because he's younger and more talented than they'd like him to be; as they're becoming second best to Space Travel Tech now due to infiltration of greater minds.

www.foxnews.com...

Elon Musk will have to lay off the booze and pot if he wants to continue doing work for NASA, the agency’s chief warned this week, while laying into the SpaceX founder for his recent erratic behavior. “I will tell you that was not helpful, and that did not inspire confidence, and the leaders of these organizations need to take that as an example of what to do when you lead an organization that’s going to launch American astronauts,” NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstein said Thursday during a meeting at NASA’s headquarters in Washington, DC, The Atlantic reported.

Bridenstein said he’s spoken with the South African-born Tesla founder, who promised he’d be changing his ways after being caught on video sipping a whiskey on the rocks and taking a hit from a joint on the “Joe Rogan Experience” podcast in September. The show is filmed in California, where marijuana is legal.

edit on 1-12-2018 by MrPopularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

I think people need to wake up, and NASA needs to realize that only those smoking pot will believe what they tell us.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

I don't know whether or not to call you a crazy B or the best Comedy act i've seen all week.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointr97

I think people need to wake up, and NASA needs to realize that only those smoking pot will believe what they tell us.

And that Elon Musk is not personally drawing up rocket designs anywa, he is a business owner, so i dont think there is an astronaut safety concern.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

His been more and more erratic in his business dealings. He regularly misses dead lines he sets up. And the incident if him smoking pot on television just shows his decision making skills are shot. NASA would not ask him to lay off the booze and pot if it wasnt effecting him.
edit on 12/1/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I don't think he'd sabatage his own credentials on purpose , that's what I'm getting at. If Musk isn't drawing up rocket designs I don't see why NASA would care if he smoked a j in California then, where it's legalized.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ok it's a Conspiracy forum right, so here's one i've thought about on and off. Maybe he's part of Q and knows something that's about to blow.
edit on 1-12-2018 by MrPopularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Appreciate the dignified comments so thanks I was hoping this would go smoothly and rationally.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
meh he may be erratic in some of his behavior.

But hes accomplished more in the way of actual TECH than in the last 10 years than NASA has in 20

Yeah they landed rovers on mars, uhh with Tech 20 years old or more.

Musk has done more for space flight (which any manned flight is now handed over to russian rockets) than NASA has in 50 years.

Musk in 10 years of his vision ( maybe a lil more) gave us rockets that could deliver us to space and LAND WHERE WE WANT, back home and be reusable. (were still insisting on the booster thing from Russia)

Theyre right to be scared of him and critical, hes proven that all the money we give them every year is wasted.

AND NASA IS FUNDED MILLIONS MORE EVERY YEAR!
edit on 1-12-2018 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I was just debating with a friend about him being super smart or super dumb. It then boiled down to either he is Batman or Ironman. Then we concluded I won because both are awesome.
As for the your OP who tf cares lol. He gets shiz done!
Screw everyone that says otherwise.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

So did Howard Huhges until he went bat # crazy. Mental illness can strike anytime so maybe Elon needs to take a lesson from thr past and not turn into Howard Hughes

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I don't know how long that NASA chief is going to be the NASA chief.

You only do this to enemies you want to destroy.

Otherwise you sort it out in private.

Speaking out publicly like this is actually worse than what he is complaining about in terms of behaviour.

Elon can be a real cool guy, and that is exactly what he was doing.

P

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: CrazyWater

So did Howard Huhges until he went bat # crazy. Mental illness can strike anytime so maybe Elon needs to take a lesson from thr past and not turn into Howard Hughes

Or maybe he needs to keep doing what hes doing because its yielding results and stop listening to a defunct agency that hasnt had any significant leaps since landing a rover on mars 20 years ago despite over 50 years and funding over that term that Musk could and his team could have done triple with as far as tech

edit on 1-12-2018 by CrazyWater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I don't know how long that NASA chief is going to be the NASA chief.

You only do this to enemies you want to destroy.

Otherwise you sort it out in private.

Speaking out publicly like this is actually worse than what he is complaining about in terms of behaviour.

Elon can be a real cool guy, and that is exactly what he was doing.

P

If he was smart he would be making Musk an ally, and trying to work wth him.

Musk is proving at every turn that the private sector is better at tech.

They should be working together, if nothing else but for NASA to save face for all the money thrown at them and the lack of anything done but a rover every 20 years to mars.

If Musk had their funding PLUS his bankroll and his peoples minds behind things, there is no telling what we would have by now

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I like the way you think man.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I don't completely Trust NASA like I didn't completely trust the Obama Ministry. Trust is earned and I don't have enough trust to openly say I trust them like i'd trust my own Mother, which I trust Implicitly.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Am I remembering wrong, or didn't Musk explicitly state during the Joe Rogan interview (in which he took a single puff of a joint) that it was the first time he smoked weed in his life (or at least a very long time)?

So for this NASA chief to be coming out and publicly ridiculing Elon for what essentially was akin to taking a few sips of alcohol and a single puff of harmless weed during a 1-off interview, and try to insinuate that he's an alcoholic pothead because of it... is absolutely a low blow and completely unwarranted, especially considering what Elon has done for the space agency and has achieved in general over a relatively tiny (compared to NASA) time frame.
edit on 1/12/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Smoking pot?

He didnt even inhale...

I dont think he knows how to inhale smoke.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Am I remembering wrong, or didn't Musk explicitly state during the Joe Rogan interview (in which he took a single puff of a joint) that it was the first time he smoked weed in his life (or at least a very long time)?

so why did he try it publicly? lack of judgement or what?

if it was a lack of judgement would it add to the erratic behaviour claims recently or not?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

Oh, ok so you were there? Details!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join