It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation, proven, sciences orphan child.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Reincarnation or someone else?

It is said that a spirit (soul) temporarily inhabits a body during life and leaves at death.

So we have a container (body), and an indwelling spirit (soul). The container and the contained.

So, is it a stretch of the imagination to suggest that the science of reincarnation may also be called The Science of Possession?

Try and see things from the other point of view, the point of view of the other world where dead folks look at the world of the living.

I would suggest caution in dealing with them in a formal way as would arise out of developing a science.

Those children with memories; can one be sure those are their memories? Or has someone else been slipped in?

edit on 1-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Reincarnation isn't the only possible explanation. Its equally possible that we're all loosely interconnected via the collective unconscious (which has been my experience), and sometimes other people's memories can seep into an individual's mind. Its likely that demons may even play a role in influencing the transmission of memories.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

True a really nasty person who dies becomes a "Deadman" i.e. "Demon" Who could do everything they could do to stuff up some positive things, their intent could still be malevolent until they reincarnate or stop being stupid. But having said that, how many souls who died terrible deaths would have the equivalent of a Post traumatic disorder, which just manifested itself as self harm or harm to others. because harm to others is still self harm as you will eventually be stopped. Karma seems to be real in some aspects.

However what are we dealing with here, a young person gets their throat cut, then a baby is born to his family with the mark of the cut visible along the babies throat, the old body was no longer viable, so for survival he got another body? Its not like the Christian churches never believed in reincarnation, it was written out of the theological dogma, around 1200AD , about the time when their was a crackdown on British Christianity where the Irish Druids just converted and preached a lot of the old religion. Which always stated that it didn't matter if a warrior died he would just come back again. So we in the West are now brought up with the situation where the church and state could send you to Hell or Heaven, whereas teaching Reincarnation would severely dent the control structure.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I personally don't believe in reincarnation, so I'm probably speaking from my bias; but there is a lot we can't explain. The placebo effect, nocebo effect, how epigenetics works, etc. It is possible that there is another world of spiritual beings (not related to human souls), who have the power to influence things in such a way that reincarnation seems to be real.

A birthmark resembling a fatal wound of a past victim could be the work of an evil spirit trying to forge evidence for reincarnation. It may seem improbable, but look at it with Bayesian logic. What motives would evil spirits have to create the illusion of reincarnation? The human mind is very susceptible to hypnotic delusions, and quantum mechanics implies that reality is not 100% objectively real, but more probabilistically real; so what's hiding behind the curtain of the quantum vacuum?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
In science nothing ever leaves existence it just changes form. We as humans have barely scratched the surface of what is real and what is not. Twenty-five years ago if you told me I would have half the capabilities that science has brought us in the last 2 decades I would call you a treky lunatic. The signature of one's spirit soul or consciousness doesn't disappear at death it merely changes form. We are far from making any real scientific discoveries in the theory of our energies after death.

Given the stigma around claims of the afterlife, I don't see a scientist who wants to maintain any semblance of a sane background would touch this untapped world of discovery. I can tell you that the world that we know is very primitive in what we will one day become.

Thanks for posting I too came to this site in interest of what it is we do not know which is so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

At some stage applying Ockham's razor might be the best thing. Then say what does the phenomenon most look like in its simplest explanation. It looks like Reincarnation is a fact , if this is so then at least some of the other ramifications could derive from it. Spectres poltergeists etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The problem is that we don't know that we have enough information to deem reincarnation the simplest explanation.
edit on 1-12-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Most excellent-!!

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

That they are memories, is perhaps simplest.

edit on 2-12-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I think it works like this, at death our ego/personality dies, like an avatar it represents who we are in life but it isnā€™t what we really are. Sometimes our real self identifies so strongly with this avatar that it is remembered and carried over into the next life, but normally fades as a soul gradually embraces its new avatar.
We tend to retain certain characteristics and lessons learned from previous incarnations however and this explains why we have our unique traits that havenā€™t been brought about by the influence of our environment/upbringing.

Not to say that our environment and upbringing doesnā€™t influence who we are, but it doesnā€™t define us entirely, neither does our DNA. There is something more at play and that is what I think is meant by the soul.
edit on 2-12-2018 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This has always interested me. I've got a bit of experience with it myself.

I don't remember names or events. But what I DO remember are vivid thoughts from when I was a baby.

For instance, I remember understanding English long before I could speak.

Specifically, I can remember details of my room, my crib, and a mobile that was hanging over it. I can recall thinking to myself "Here we go again" as I was lying there. This is a memory that I have spoken of to people since I was a child.

But there was a near total disconnect. While I thought to myself in words, I could not make my body do anything other than lie there and fumble around as babies do. It felt like all I had physical control of, was my eyes. Eventually, I feel that the physical body eventually takes over, and those thoughts cease, and the memories or thoughts are intended to fade away as the new personality takes over. But some retain some memories for whatever reason.

I've been called an "Old Soul" by more people than I can count throughout my life. I'm very Empathic, which I've read is a trademark of those who are old souls. I'm very much an Introvert as well, which is another known trait.

Since I've spoken of that memory a lot over the years, it's remained with me. But little else. Just those few moments of obvious clarity.

So yeah, I have little choice but to believe in some form of reincarnation. But at the same time I expect no one to believe me, and I can totally understand how some might call BS on the whole reincarnation thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Odd, I have put to pen some of my memories, but then I am not normal and have been open for years, just research some threads. Last night I just happened to write of a previous life and will share. Egnore if you wish, I am a male of 79, not female and no, I was not shocked at this memory. Two others, one of death as a soldier, a violent one and another as a soldier which seemed Roman ridden with guilt at what I did, again connected to violence.

The day she set out to meet her ancestors was one of a warm sun in the sky, the foliage was lush green, the world beautiful and as it had always been in her lifetime. Nothing really changed for her and her people somewhere in Africa. But of course they did not call it Africa,they did not know of a continent or the oceans. She had a name as did all of her tribe, but it has faded in the thousands of years since that day, only a memory of the sacred leaving remains.

All in the tribe held respect for the grandmother as she went shakily from dwelling to dwelling, reaching out with affection and touching each of her own kind, one after another, she was revered as a great healer, but it was time. She was a healer, she was old, older than any of the others. Reaching out in silence, her withered hand more a talon than a hand, her arm thin and spindly, she touched a young grandson on his head, twice removed from herself as generations go. He looked up, his jet black face shiny in the midday heat and humidity, his large beautiful eyes wider than usual he mumbled, ā€œgood bye grandmotherā€, then turned away, not in grief but in knowing she would soon be one of his revered ancestors, honored in memory.

The village was silent as her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren watched this naked woman, her black skin now wrinkled like a ripe fruit left too long in the sun. Her breasts having fed many of her own and that of others, hung down nearly to her waist, her back bent not due to the weight of body but to the weight of years.

Smiling, she walked to the edge of the jungle which bordered the village, but did not follow any of the paths which led into the forest. Rather, she made her own path, parting great leaves and pushing aside vines,intent on finding her place to die in honor, to return to the forest as much of herself as she could in thanks for the bounty of life which was gifted to her in her many years of life.

She or he would violate this gift many times in many lives, but the lesson would be reinforced many times until it would be learned and become a part of the enduring structure which survived all things of earth.

The day wore on as she slowly made her way, walking painfully forward, strength draining from thin legs which the sickness of age had taken such a toll of. Ahead, less than a dozen feet, she saw the sun streaming into a small clearing, grass grew here, sweet, sweet grass, inviting her to lay down, Mother Earth wanting to take her into her arms for the last journey.

Trembling, her legs barely able to support her weight, she lowered herself into a ball, feeling the warmth of the sun, the softness of the grass, it was bliss, she was returning home to the spirit world and her people whom had gone before her, she was happy. Closing her eyes, she drifted off to sleep, a long sleep for the body as it gave up itā€™s spirit, it was the way then, with only the memory of this event not fading over many thousands of year.

He came back from his self induced depth of remembering, remembering himself as herself, it was good as he wiped the tears from his eyes, it was a good life, he felt the joy of it as he rolled out of his recliner, somewhat confused due to the strident squealing of his fire monitory demanding his time and skill to try and save a life or home due to fire or accident, but he would always remember but not share this memory, those near him would not understand him being other than a man. He viewed death when he encountered it on his many rescue runs very differently than his fellows, he knew of the other side, they only wondered about it. He rushed out the door and sped towards the station, now focused as he was needed for a bad car accident, one in which like his former self, a human was returning to the spirit world if he did not help, but all would return in the end, it was the right thing to do.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I think it works like this, at death our ego/personality dies, like an avatar it represents who we are in life but it isnā€™t what we really are. Sometimes our real self identifies so strongly with this avatar that it is remembered and carried over into the next life, but normally fades as a soul gradually embraces its new avatar.
We tend to retain certain characteristics and lessons learned from previous incarnations however and this explains why we have our unique traits that havenā€™t been brought about by the influence of our environment/upbringing.

Not to say that our environment and upbringing doesnā€™t influence who we are, but it doesnā€™t define us entirely, neither does our DNA. There is something more at play and that is what I think is meant by the soul.

This subject has been popping up lately on ATS lately, and I have posted my experiences with this.
Firstly, I am not a religous person, and I have never believed in God, and never will, but the experience I had, made me realise how eady it is to leave this life and forget everything about it.

I cannot name the substance I used because ATS always deletes it, but if you have read the spirit molocule, then you know what I am talking about.

That instance of taking it and closing my eyes, I completly forgot everything about me, my family, my life, I did not even know what a human bring was.

At the time I was terrified because suddenly I was in this other reality with no clue how I got there or who or what I was.

This experience (which lasted for about 10 mins) opened my eyes to the possibilities of conciousness surviving after death. And when you do die, and move on, you do not mourn your family, life etc because you simply do not remember.

Saying that, I believe that some people might remember.

It's really fascinating. There is a lot about conciousness we know very little about.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Bearing in mind, that every three or seven years, the body you had has completely changed its whole atomic structure. so in that sense you have already reincarnated into a different body.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Actually knowing that about the place would render everything to a standstill.

No need to imagine it at all...when it was tried it was found to make nothing happen at all..

An energiless bore beyond compare.

These mo fos want suffering and pain and confusion...imagining something against that which this place is...is truly pointless...unless you want to...change it all.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's all very fascinating.

Fundamentally though, the soul (if you believe in the concept) is an ethereal, immaterial thing. And the human body is the opposite - material, matter, physical.

Something has to tether the two together. Is it something physical in the body? The brain? Or is there an invisible link which we can't detect?

I believe strongly that our bodies are nothing more than antennas, and each person's soul is simply broadcast out to them from some source somewhere - just like a television picking up channels. And all the events, emotions and thoughts we experience are fed back to that source (hence how the Akashic records can continue to grow, and how we can all access them if we try).

And when our body expires, another new one picks up the broadcast - reincarnation. But as each body's physiology and chemistry is never the same, we behave and look differently in each body even if the soul underneath is the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am a firm believer on reincarnation.
Me and my wife believe we were actually the same soul/spirit and we basically split into two individuals.
The first time we met I recall how it felt as if we have always knew each other.
Conversations were way deeper then anyone else I have ever encountered and courted.
We finish each other's thoughts and sentences all the the time.
As an example I'll be thinking of something random and she will, out of no where start talking about the exact thought I am having and visa versa.
It is really strange.
Not saying this is evidence of anything. But how I can best explain all of this is more of a gut feeling/instinct.
Like I have never served time in prison but I feel like I did. I have never been to war yet I feel like I have been. Also I feel like I am carrying around guilt for something very awful. My best guess is I might of been an evil SOB in previous lives and died many times in a violent manner. Due to being that sort of person, not completely evil but close, the universe decided to make me try again in a new life, like giving me another chance to do better.

I don't think reincarnation is something that happens to everyone.
I think some people that are born into this reality, its literally their first go at it.
These "new born souls" are easily spotted, in my opinion, compared to the "old soul" types.
The difference being the new born souls are more energenic, careless/care free and prone to selfishness.

Overall, I think about this stuff all the time and the only conclusion I have reached is we will all find out at some point in our lives. Only way to figure that out is to experience death. In that moment I think the answer will be revealed, but only for a brief moment before we are recycled back into the system again.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That instance of taking it and closing my eyes, I completly forgot everything about me, my family, my life, I did not even know what a human bring was. At the time I was terrified because suddenly I was in this other reality with no clue how I got there or who or what I was.

Interesting I have tried the substance you refer to but didnā€™t do it properly or have enough to get a break through experience. I did get a rush in my stomach like something big was going to happen which was a little scary as I havenā€™t experienced that sensation before.

What Iā€™m curious to know is if you completely forgot who you were, your life, this reality and everything how come you felt terrified? Iā€™d imagine you would disassociate from such feelings at that point. Also how long did you feel terrified for, did you settle in at some point or did the fear remain until you started to come back down?

Iā€™ve heard claims the brain releases this substance in our sleep but Iā€™m not so convinced itā€™s quite the same as Iā€™ve had all sorts of bizarre dreams but nothing like what experiences describe while taking that which must not be named.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

That instance of taking it and closing my eyes, I completly forgot everything about me, my family, my life, I did not even know what a human bring was. At the time I was terrified because suddenly I was in this other reality with no clue how I got there or who or what I was.

Interesting I have tried the substance you refer to but didnā€™t do it properly or have enough to get a break through experience. I did get a rush in my stomach like something big was going to happen which was a little scary as I havenā€™t experienced that sensation before.

What Iā€™m curious to know is if you completely forgot who you were, your life, this reality and everything how come you felt terrified? Iā€™d imagine you would disassociate from such feelings at that point. Also how long did you feel terrified for, did you settle in at some point or did the fear remain until you started to come back down?

Iā€™ve heard claims the brain releases this substance in our sleep but Iā€™m not so convinced itā€™s quite the same as Iā€™ve had all sorts of bizarre dreams but nothing like what experiences describe while taking that which must not be named.

It's a tough one to explain. I done it twice in one night. First time I took it, I closed my eyes and was in this dark place with dark colours that together looked like DNA strand. There were faces smul8ng at me as I was moving up. When I looked up, there was this light, which was was getting closer and closer to. When I reached it, it was not a light, but like a Vail. I felt beings behind this Vail. They were laughing and smiling at me. Then I started coming down.

This experience was great because I knew what I had taken, so I was not scared.

I did it the second time straight after, because i thought I did not do enough. Soon as I took it and laid back and closed my eyes, I was instantly in this other place. I did not know how I got there! I knew absolutly nothing, and that is what scared me! It's so hard to explain!

I was in this place with loads of bright colours. And then, there was this sound! DADA DA DA and then icstarted going deeper into these colours. I cannot remember what the shapes were, but it kept on repeating this process over and over again on what seemed like forever.

I managed to open my eyes and I saw my brother sitting oppersite me. At the time I did not know who he was or what he was. I closed my eyes and was back in that reality doing the same thing.

When I opened my eyes again, I forced them to stay open.after a while things started coming back to me. I was so terrified about the experience that when I came out, I was shaking. I had a complete ego death, and of course, I was not expecting to forget everything about me.

Looking back on it now, it was an amazing experience because it opened my eyes to the possibility of different realities/dimensions.

When I done it the second time, and like the first time, I remembered who I was, then I course I would not have been terrified.

This natural stuff is very powerful, and you can learn a lot from it. It is not banned because it is harmful. It's banned because this stuff expands your mind. And of course the powers that be do not want that!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Why do ypu think scientists are not allowed to study this sort of stuff?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join