It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Noah "Why the second amendment doesn't apply to black people".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Until I see a passionate call out to blacks to stop shooting each other and every one else this all seems very hypocritical. Yes it's a tragedy when a cop shoots and kills anyone in error, regardless of color. But those occurrences absolute pale in comparison to the everyday crimes and loss of life the black people commit against themselves.

That argument is silly. Those are two different topics. Two different issues. Should I judge my fellow black American man because an area in my state has a high-crime rate with a high black population?

Or should I treat all men (and women) equally, regardless of race? That's the question.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Who want's to take a bet, Does Trevor Noah lives in a predominate black or white area of New York?

IF it's predominately white, does that make him a self hating black man or a just a hypocritical d-bag?

He grew up in south africa and probably lives somewhere nice$$. Wait, so black people have to live around black people? Is that some sort of rule i missed?

I better move away from my asian and mexican neighbors, I'm breaking the race rule!!! O no!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is not the MudPit.

Since it's not the pit, avoiding insulting commentary about other members is expected.

Do not respond to this post.
edit on 11/28/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

(post by blueman12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I once house shared with a person of colour, she was female also (does that make it worse, i bet it does), dang what does that mean for me

I thought the American dream was for all also, guess if you a minority and happen to make it you have to still know your place

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I did that because I do not think that you have really investigated what you are talking about. The crime stats and the general horror that many inner city black people face is no laughing matter. Blaming their issues on cops or the white people of America is a sick joke at best.

The real problem is that Hollywood glamorizes terrible social behavior and the DNC goes along with the racist game. So to the poor and under educated inner city black youth, they see the deck stacked against them and at the same time are told to glorify immoral and self destructive behavior. Day after day, year after year. And Trevor Noah is part of that narrative. He is more part of their real problem than any cop could ever hope to be.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Fools

Well, you're obviously a racist, and it takes way too much effort to even try and change a racist' mind.

MOD : not trying to insult but this guy just called black culture, "#(blocked word) culture." Pretty much an open racist

Yup, call me a racist make me go away. Now no one will like me. You WIN!

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

I wonder if some of the black man bias has to do with seeing black on black shootings in high crime areas on TV. Then, not being around a lot of black people, they start associating black men with thug criminals on tv.

Doesn't even have to be intentional, maybe even just subconscious.

Just an idea...

I'm sure that has something to do with it. If all you know is what you see and no interaction, I'm sure a person would go off of that.

Though, I do know in the area I was a police officer and all areas around LA, what you see is pretty much what you learn and expect. Now, this does not apply to all but a large portion if not most of the black youth are very confrontational. It is what it is. I don't claim to understand why. Perhaps their upbringing or perhaps the man... I don't know. The older generation for the most part, tend to be a lot more easy going because the 60s and 70s colors got along. In the 80s, things went stupid, maybe Reagan? I was young then so I don't know. 90s to now... Gangster Rap is a big deal and it appears to be getting worse, but with rainbows.

Gangers with Rainbows... Hmmm Might be the next big rapper. Rainbow Gangster! Hell, I might make this a cartoon! Ya'll can have it but royalties dammit!

I think it really boils down to groups of people creating a stereotype for the rest of their culture and it's not very fair. The loud will be noticed so much more than the quiet. White boi stays out of some places because they know they gonna get got. No I mean? Yuh Feel Ahm Sayin?

In Louisiana, and don't take me the wrong way, a lot of louisianians will attest, it's Black vs White = Territorial Aggression vs Deal with it. Meaning, white people in louisiana aren't allowed to speak up about it. All they can do is hide behind badges and fake smiles and let someone else deal with it. Unfortunately that someone is often a fed up cop with a crap ton of stress.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That was a bad situation and its sad an innocent got shot.

The only solution to this is the one we're seeing in some locations, i.e., the cops simply stand down and stop rushing into active shooter situations and when they do, they need to stop engaging blacks with firearms.......let them run off and otherwise leave them alone. If someone directly shoots at them, then its cause to return fire while retreating to safety.

In other words, policing forces across the country need to drastically revise their rules of engagement.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

As you seem more rational and calm I will answer but please do not take it wrong if after this i do not respond, i have my son to attend to

Please find anywhere within this thread where i have accused white people, the police or even white police, my issue (and you may still disagree
no problem) is the amount of firearms, not the colour of the finger which pulls the trigger, less guns, less bullets flying around

Saw him live in my home city this year, his current show is more about his relationship, but while this is comedy, i do agree with the sentiment, have your guns just make bullets real expensive, no more random drive bys
edit on 28-11-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

Why are you constantly bringing CNN and democrats into this. I bash CNN (along with FOX), all the time. Mainstream media ignored these issues until they could use it to benefit their side. That's how these corporate whores and many politicians work.

Just CNN?

Because while foxnews and the GOP suck equally the racial issue is primarily inflamed by CNN,Left Wing MSM, and the democrat party.

how about FOX? None of these big mainstream left or right wing corps care about the issues.

Agreed, never said foxnews was innocent but cnn and other lefty entities lead the fire when it comes to racism. Foxnews and the right are complacent on the issue and take the more silent route when it comes to racism.
Now war mongering that is the rights delicacy and specialty, the lefts delicacy and specialty is racism and sexism.

It is damn tiring to see how you asociate one side of the politicial spetrum with all the problems in media. I'm really tired of reading it, especially on a conspiracy site. Pretending that democrats are the sole problem for everything wrong.

Agree, but when did I say the democrats are the sole problem with everything wrong?It just so happens when it comes to racism the left is the spokesperson of going full retard.

if you look at my post history you will see that I consider both the GOP and DNC as trash.

I just can't take anyone seriously who yells "MSM propoganda", then goes on to ignore republicans and fox news. It's pure bias BS.

I agree, political cheerleaders are the problem in this country. Again look at my post history and you will see that I blame both party and their blinded followers for the corruption we have in this country.

But again when it comes to racism the left is doing most of the damage and encouraging hate,anger,and animosity towards each other with their strategy.

here is a couple of recent links from my post history and you will find many more where I hold both party accountable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 321130America/ChicagoWed, 28 Nov 2018 13:32:00 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 331130America/ChicagoWed, 28 Nov 2018 13:33:55 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

Haha. Well, I'm not black (or a minority) so I can't share personal experience. I just noticed there being a growing amount of black people coming out with the opinion that many cops treat them differently. Especially when it comes to guns.

Very true but it goes both ways and other ways too.

You live what you learn. It's kind of like a pigeon that gets shocked everytime it goes for food out of a specific dispenser.

I'm not saying all cops are bad and I'm not sayin all black youth are good and visa versa. It's a really messed up thing all the way around with faults, HUGE faults on both sides. No one wants to play the referee and no one wants to speak up or even care to talk about it. Everyone is afraid of being called a racist and everyone else is becoming less and less afraid to push back against who they feel are oppressors and if the "everyone" dont help, then they too become part of the problem and they get pushed too.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The second amendment applies to every law abiding sane person. The problem is some criminals and insane people have them, and taking away our guns is not going to get guns out of the hands of loose cannons and criminals. People who want our guns taken away are not too smart, the fact that many people have guns in their homes for protection means that thieves have to worry about being shot and it deters them.

If I was against guns, I sure the hell would not be saying I was against owning a gun in public. It would make you a target.
edit on 28-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Fair enough. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. (No pun intended). I agree, the mainstream left loves to play the race card. But it works in some cases, because republicans just generally tend to ignore the issue or play the ol' tired melody of "look at that poor black area with crime!".

Both sides actively work to make the nation more polar. Republicans are ol white racists and democrats are liberal PC junkies who want completely open borders. Or regarding this issue, "all cops are doing their jobs, black or other minorities don't know what they're talking about." . Then liberal, is "everything is racist and question anything and your a racist"

Most Americans I meet are in the middle somewhere. Only the ones that seem to watch fox news, MSNBC, or some other heavily opinionated media are of a polar mindset.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

In Louisiana, and don't take me the wrong way, a lot of louisianians will attest, it's Black vs White = Territorial Aggression vs Deal with it. Meaning, white people in louisiana aren't allowed to speak up about it."

I haven't been in Louisiana in years. We used to go to NOLA every year to visit the wive's relatives during Mardi Gras; had a blast. But all that changed in 2005 with Katrina. We went last year for Fleet Week, and didn't have a problem but the tactic there was to be indoors at safe base before night fall and to stay away from the Quarter and St. Charles.

The situation in Texas is a bit weird. In the Cities, urban core areas, there aren't any or are very few white cops. The white cops work as County Sherriff's and Constables in the non-city counties which surround the cities. They are, for the most part, slow to respond to avoid problems.

Your comment was interesting. I can't quite imagine what the point of policing in LA Metro area would be.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Being a black man, I do tend to take certain precautions in how I present myself, particularly around cops
a reply to: Edumakated

Being a white man...so do i. Our hearts drop when we see a cop behind us just the same.

I'm a white man and I agree and disagree. Even being an Xcop, I get nervous when a police officer pulls me over or even tags behind me for a while. I get a bit shaky and it's not because of the fine I'm going to have to pay for going 30mph over the speed limit. It's that build in fear that we learn as children that cops can take you away and put you in jail, locked away from your parents.

For black folk, it's a hell of a lot worse. Jail might be the least of their worries. I understand. I get it. I've seen my partner put a 45 point blank, dead skull center, a half inch away with a finger on the trigger at a black man who came up behind him and scared him. The guy thought we were some sneaks that were breaking into their neighborhood (long story) when we were actually going on a drug bust. The guy saw us duck behind a boat and stopped his car and ran up on us... a natural thing for anyone concerned. I never saw someone do the limbo so fast and so low...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Fair enough. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. (No pun intended).

I agree, the mainstream left loves to play the race card. But it works in some cases,

I think the way the race card is being thrown today its causing more harm then good for the reasons I stated.

The left has single handily nullified the stigma that was once associated with being labeled a racist by crying wolf a Billion times too many.

Both sides actively work to make the nation more polar

Most Americans I meet are in the middle somewhere. Only the ones that seem to watch fox news, MSNBC, or some other heavily opinionated media are of a polar mindset.

Unfortunately they make up the most vocal part and despite people saying they understand that both party are corrupt as F and work for the same lobbyist, in the end they still end up supporting and defending their party.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How is one the grandson of the PD? Interesting.

Because I was around it a lot. I heard the stories (I lived with my grandparents a large portion of my youth. I listened to the scanner.

And just getting what you said (had to reread it a few - eyes arent what they used to be.... or is it selective sight?)... My grandfather was a police officer and a deputy sheriff at the same time. He'd work both back to back each between off days.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you were in law enforcement it was either in a very racially homogeneous area, a very small agency, or both. Everything you describe as the mindset of "many" officers is almost a caricature of the mindset. Yet, of course, you were the shining exception to the mentality that "many" in law enforcement have according to you.

Oh how hypocritical of you.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you don't believe people in the same arent are all the same. Contrary to what you believe, I was cut from a different cloth. Remember the fact that you have 2 families? Your mom's side and your dad's side. You don't always get your lessons from your mom and dad. My culture and family are VERY family oriented. I get some traits from one side and others from the other side. Both sides were very loving, one more tolerable to anger than the other by leaps and bounds. One busted your butt with a paddle while the other covered you with laughs love and smiles even when you were bad.

The Police Dept wasn't my choice of a job. You could say, I wasn't your normal cop. I did it out of loyalty to family when it was needed. Some people I had as partners all had their ways and their reasons and none of them made sense to me. I had the luck of living in a country when I was a kid and growing up in a city from a teen on. I had the better education than most of my family but that doesn't divide us.

I'm far from perfect but I'm not an asshole to people. But I AM a terrible, spiteful !@#$-head to people who cross me when I have nothing but forgiving and kindness for others.

Don't pretend to know me or assume anything about me.

I don't know where you live but where I'm from (the south), there is a vast culture difference and a few of them at that. Things are WAY diiferent here in the south than say most if not all northern states. Even the west coast is far different than the south.

Trust me... Unless you live down here or you've been hiding under a rock, you don't know what kind of things that go on here.

edit on 28-11-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh how hypocritical of you.

How was what I said hypocritical, pray tell?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you don't believe people in the same area are all the same.

You're exactly correct, I don't believe that if I walk into a grocery store, every single person in that grocery store is exactly the same. I don't believe that if I pull up on a street, every person that lives on that street is exactly the same.

Contrary to what you believe

First you say you think I don't believe people in an area are all exactly the same, then you use yourself being different to support your statement that I must not think people are all the same within a given area? That doesn't make sense. As I said, you're right that I don't believe all people within a given area are the same so you being special isn't "contrary" to what I believe.

Remember the fact that you have 2 families?

That whole spiel is cool. Completely irrelevant, but cool.

You could say, I wasn't your normal cop.

I could, yes.

I'm far from perfect but I'm not an asshole to people.

Congrats on being a decent human?

But I AM a terrible, spiteful !@#$-head to people who cross me when I have nothing but forgiving and kindness for others.

Woah, nelly. That's impressive.

Don't pretend to know me or assume anything about me.

I didn't, which makes your rant all the more pointless and silly. I said that your opinion comes off like a caricature of what somebody thinks cops must really, really think. And since you claim that you know this to be true because you were a cop, it's not really a stretch to think that either the area you worked in didn't have much in the way of a minority population or was an agency with six sworn personnel.

I don't know where you live but where I'm from (the south), there is a vast culture difference and a few of them at that. Things are WAY diiferent here in the south than say most if not all northern states. Even the west coast is far different than the south.

Cool, thanks. As somebody who's spent the majority of his life in the south, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know how the south is. I'll keep it in mind while I'm in the south. Every day. Like I have been for years.

Trust me... Unless you live down here or you've been hiding under a rock, you don't know what kind of things that go on here.

I would say people who have the mentality you claim "many" in law enforcement, and those who aren't in law enforcement, have are indeed living under a rock, yes.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

As you seem more rational and calm I will answer but please do not take it wrong if after this i do not respond, i have my son to attend to

Please find anywhere within this thread where i have accused white people, the police or even white police, my issue (and you may still disagree
no problem) is the amount of firearms, not the colour of the finger which pulls the trigger, less guns, less bullets flying around

Saw him live in my home city this year, his current show is more about his relationship, but while this is comedy, i do agree with the sentiment, have your guns just make bullets real expensive, no more random drive bys

I will comment later. Leaving work at the moment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join