It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 244
<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Never heard of cheese wontons !

Now I want one !

Any special dipping sauce ?

Off to Google them ...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Does this sound about right ?

www.dinneratthezoo.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hi

I would like to thank everyone who supported me earlier this week when my brains were melting for some reason, again. Feeling a whole lot better now. I went downtown yesterday to have coffee and a sandwich with mom. We talked about serious things, meaningless things, and at times just sat quiet at the coffee place. It was really great.

Today is going to be a good day too. My friend's daughter goes to visit her dad, my friend. And i will go there too, haven't seen her for a while. She is so filled with joy of life, empathy, and kindness towards people and animals. Spending time with her is like recharging a mental battery to full strength. That is exactly the reason why i did not drink much yesterday. I can be drunk or in a hangover some other time, now i want to be in a good shape, i don't see her that often. Most likely there is playing with a dollhouse and dolls on the agenda, but i don't mind. I see it as a good opportunity to drop bits of life knowledge to the doll discussions. I am not claiming i have vast amounts of life knowledge, but more than a five year old has.

Having my usual breakfast at the moment. Coffee, water and cigarettes. When my appetite wakes up, i am going to chop onions and fry them with minced meat. Season them with taco seasoning mix. Add jalapeno slices and cream. And then eat that with rice.

Have a pleasant weekend everyone!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good on you Fin !

You may never know what a positive difference you can make in someone's life, by the simplest gesture.

The fact that you are genuine and unselfish makes it all the more real !

Kudos mate !

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Awesome!!!!! Timely gave a great reply and so true! Hugs!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm glad you got to spend quality time with your Mom.

I know how much you enjoy being with your friend and his little girl. Kids are filled with joy and come out with the funniest things sometimes. They are also a lot smarter than people give them credit for. I'm jealous that you'll get to play with a dollhouse and dolls. LOL

I remember mine from my childhood.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Glad to hear this, Fin! Reading this put a smile on my face. Glad you're feeling better.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It made me mad to hear about this, Night. I would have liked to have told that jerk off. It's so easy to just judge a stranger and write them off as a human being. Personally, I'm a nice guy pretty much always BUT, I am really sick and tired of dealing with ignorant jerks.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thank you Sweetie!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Yeah, the shopping cart incident was not cool. But it had nothing to do with you as a person. The shouter unleashed his personal frustrations on you. It is not right, but most likely it is what happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Thanks Honey! I hope he was just having a bad day and isn't like that to other people all the time. I was really hurt and angry. It was like this unprovoked attack out of nowhere.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Finspiracy It was like this unprovoked attack out of nowhere.

Those suck.

1,5 years ago, in the summertime, i left my apartment. Walking my home street, minding my own business. This woman comes out of the forest, with a dog. Shouting at me "There you go, can't even say hello to me!" I was thinking "okay, a psychotic episode, never seen that woman before" Her dog got aggressive because it's owner was shouting. I just stood there and listened for a while. She sent her dog to get me, the dog bit my right hand, blood started to drop to the ground.

I weighed my alternatives. I can't hit a woman, i can't hit a dog. And if it would have been a man, i would have most likely lost the fight. So i walked away super fast (i can be fast) And the woman and the dog stayed there, both still shouting. A young small woman was walking to their direction as i was walking away. I had to say "Excuse me, but there is a mad woman and a mad dog in the direction where you are going, i would suggest you turn back and choose an alternative route to your destination" She did and i was glad about that.

Bought a calming six-pack from a nearby store, poured one can over the wound slowly. Not much alcohol in beer but i thought it might still help a bit to disinfect my hand.

Wackos like that make me appreciate sanctuaries like The Shed even more.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Wow, that's scary! Good thing you got to warn the woman headed in that direction! I don't like hitting people or dogs either, but that dog would have had me crying from fear and being bit. LOL
Found a cool pic.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Loved this movie, The Labyrinth. Beautiful song!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Love that song and the movie. Wish I'd seen the film when I was little, it would have been quite magical. The Dark Crystal has always been one of my favourite movies. But yes, awesome vid.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Was that David Bowie ?

If so, I saw it 400 years ago and it was a good flick !

Ed: the vid took ages to load. I see it was indeed the Bowie movie that I remembered. Seeing it on he big screen in a movie theatre was always a special treat as a youngster.

Drive in movies ... with a special girl, in your first set of wheels was next level !

edit on 2-3-2019 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I've seen this movie so many times! Loved it and YES that was David Bowie.

I have a strange story to tell about him. The night before he died I had a dream with him in it.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Oh I loved that movie too!!

Here is another from the Labyrinth.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

HA! Just read your edit.

I never got to see it at the theatre. I did buy the movie and watched it over and over again.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I wonder if there are still drive in movies, you know, where you hang the speaker off your partially wound down window, then wake up at the credits and proceed to drive off before hanging the speaker back up ...

I'm sure that is why they progressed to the clip on your car aerial cord ... jeez I'm old !

edit on 2-3-2019 by Timely because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join