It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World 1st Designer Babies gene-edited babies in China divides scientists Agent 47 now reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well i guess it was bound to happen at some point... "OH stuff like That's 50 years away" NOPE....A Chinese researcher claims that he helped make the world's first genetically edited babies — twin girls whose DNA he said he altered with a powerful new tool capable of rewriting the very blueprint of life.

As applied to disease....He said his goal was not to cure or prevent an inherited disease, but to try to bestow a trait that few people naturally have — an ability to resist possible future infection with HIV, the AIDS virus.

"We're dealing with the operating instructions of a human being. It's a big deal."

"I feel a strong responsibility that it's not just to make a first, but also make it an example," He told the AP. "Society will decide what to do next" in terms of allowing or forbidding such science.

So it begins ATS !! Designer people !!! First disease resistant then the enhancements begin if you were a millionaire Would you pay to have your offspring disease resistant and eventually enhanced for an extra edge in life???

www.tvnz.co.nz...
edit on 25-11-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So, how will they know if the gene editing works, expose the kids to HIV or AIDS and watch what happens? They can make it so their body does not respond and they show no symptoms, then they may become carriers that infect the masses.

I do not trust these scientists, they never seem to look at the big picture much and do not properly evaluate the side effects of the changes they make.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

The "Perfect" Government in one generation !!

Dynasties for 1000 years !!

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Designer humans.

Oh yeah, nothing can go wrong there. . . . .

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, how will they know if the gene editing works, expose the kids to HIV or AIDS and watch what happens? They can make it so their body does not respond and they show no symptoms, then they may become carriers that infect the masses.

I do not trust these scientists, they never seem to look at the big picture much and do not properly evaluate the side effects of the changes they make.

This is how the zombie apocalypse begins.

Straight from a movie script.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Judgey Wudgey.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Designer humans.

Most of our designer cloths are produced in China for American companies, so the Chinese just took it up a notch. Have faith, the Chinese will do a great job on depopulating the earth.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Designer humans.

I have a real good friend in HealthCare, big wig too btw, I asked him, "So of all the cool scifi medical technologies, which one do you think we're closer to?"

Without missing a beat, he straight up said, Gene Alteration, Designer Humans.

He's pretty old and doesn't believe in the vast majority of what I believe in that makes me a perfect ATS member, so he was pretty adamant about this coming around the block pretty soon.

It'll be sublte at first and the rich will obviously have dibbs commercially in a fashion sense.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Finally. A child you really want.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"We Will Become Gods"

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
We can already see how well it has worked out for designer dogs. They can't breathe and are riddled with health issues all because we humans think their disfigurements are "cute" and it pleases us so. Their physical pain and anguish be damned.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I'm for this. I wish I could have afforded to tweak my kids a bit. Give them superpowers or something. LoL

Well, not as test subjects. I would submit myself to genetic testing though. Give ME superpowers.

LoL. Good on this doctor. Do it. It's probably been done before. Unlock humanity's potential.

edit on 11 25 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Brave new world indeed....

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We have no idea what's going to come of these babies and I bet we will never k ow

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Perfection is boring. Our imperfections is our greatest strength. Everything interesting about our culture comes from people striving to be better than their own inherent weaknesses. Our imperfections in thought and execution is probably our greatest source of creativity.

And my current favorite:

Perfection doesn't create anything but dull symmetry.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
GATTACA?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You guys DID hear that the girl's father is HIV positive, right?
It is a precaution.

And yes, this is something the ultra-rich will want to have for their children, and as I see the chinese mentality like "first my elders, second my children, third my close family and myself, then for a long time -nothing-, then my family again!", this was near inevitable.

Because as soon as you open up a possibility to "enhance" your childen, potent clients are amasse. And without major ethical obstacles in this area, the chinese people were my first bet on this.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Ever wondered what went on in antideluvian times?

The arrogance of science: Because we can . . .

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Are you kidding? He'll be here any minute now to tell us that "progress" is super duper cool no matter what.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Only for mass duplicated designer hilldogs though

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are you kidding? He'll be here any minute now to tell us that "progress" is super duper cool no matter what.

You know it is already too late, he is undoubtedly lurking lurking just waiting to pounce

Bah! Humbug! Science!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join