It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bone Tomahawk!!! - A Movie that shows what true oppression of women is!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A bad stereotype as well... most Tribes had women warriors... women Chiefs were not unheard of.

Except in Hollywierd, I guess...

In Cheyenne lore, it was a female warrior that was credited for knocking Custer off his horse at Little Bighorn, for instance...

What was her name...

Buffalo Calf Road Woman

My favorite Cherokee Chief was Wilma Mankiller.

She was awesome in a Council meeting.

So enough about us primitive oppressed women... Let's talk about female Presidents.

Oh wait...

edit on 21-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I enjoyed that movie. However, in the movie the other tribes refer to this group as not “indians” but a regressive almost extinct evolutionary branch, or that’s what the movie implies. They don’t speak but have a evolved throat bone or something that creates a kind of animal howl or call, which is not shared with the other native Americans. In the movie, it’s not highlighting native treatment of women to my knowledge. It’s implied that the semi human group’s women and people are highly inbred or dying out, and the women suffering from some kind of physical issue?

a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There’s the whole range though. Not all native tribes treated women well, and especially not captive ones.

The so called “edenic myth” of pre contact America has been proven to be just that, myth.
a reply to: Lumenari

edit on 21-11-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Then I'm sure you could find those historical anecdotes. Meanwhile I'll being trying to verify the George A. Romero documentary about cannibalism.

*twirls finger next to temple*

Well there are some, such as with the Comanche. Anyone who thinks that native Americans were all these free loving peaceful hippies that somehow did not exhibit the full range of human behavior, good and bad, is sorely misinformed. It’s ahistorical.

However, this movie is basically a strange fiction about a almost extinct tribe that isn’t quite homo sapien. It’s exploring the idea of a different evolutionary branch from prehistory existing. Also in the movie the other native tribes say they aren’t “Indians” in the sense of human ones like them.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
There’s the whole range though. Not all native tribes treated women well, and especially not captive ones.

The so called “edenic myth” of pre contact America has been proven to be just that, myth.

As opposed to today in America, where that doesn't happen?

Speaking of myths...

LOL

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Speaking of myths...

LOL
What does that have to do with my response to your post?

Of course there are still women being maltreated all over the place.

My point still stands true. Efforts to whitewash any kind of history, including native, does not produce accurate understanding nor justice. At best, it’s just a lack of knowledge or is ideology.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Speaking of myths...

LOL

My point still stands true. Efforts to whitewash any kind of history, including native, does not produce accurate understanding nor justice.

I posted a link of Native American female warriors and Chiefs... as an example. Not even an extensive one... there are lots more.

So I was white-washing history how?

I know because I've posted with you before that you have some kind of odd hardon for ensuring that everyone on the site knows that Native Americans were nothing but primitive barbarians.

Keep going with it, I guess...

I was just posting history. Which you seemed not to like.

Want to talk about all the female Presidents in history now so we can compare?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Speaking of myths...

LOL

My point still stands true. Efforts to whitewash any kind of history, including native, does not produce accurate understanding nor justice.

I posted a link of Native American female warriors and Chiefs... as an example. Not even an extensive one... there are lots more.

So I was white-washing history how?

I know because I've posted with you before that you have some kind of odd hardon for ensuring that everyone on the site knows that Native Americans were nothing but primitive barbarians.

Keep going with it, I guess...

I was just posting history. Which you seemed not to like.

Want to talk about all the female Presidents in history now so we can compare?

Absolute bull. You lied. We have zero history of my saying such things.

I have worked with several tribes, my main mentor was a female native PhD, and I’ve studied these issues extensively. Likely more than you.

When someone points out that most scholars and anthropologists reject the “edenic myth,” which they do, this is not an attack on native Americans. Grow up.

When someone points out that there was a range in how women were treated, that is a historical fact. Of course there were native societies that treated women well or were even matriarchal.

It’s clear you can’t have a real, educated discussion on this without getting triggered.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

That was one of DB's stage names.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

However, this movie is basically a strange fiction about a almost extinct tribe that isn’t quite homo sapien. It’s exploring the idea of a different evolutionary branch from prehistory existing. Also in the movie the other native tribes say they aren’t “Indians” in the sense of human ones like them.

Shhh! Don't tell that to the Original Poster, he thinks it's a documentary.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

That was one of DB's stage names.

I'm 1/1024th sexy.

To the movie? It creeped me out.

Violent, disturbing, gory. Just like my honeymoon.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Shhh! Don't tell that to the Original Poster, he thinks it's a documentary.
Lol yeah, I’m not sure the poster caught everything in the movie. I don’t even think there was an focus on women’s oppression in it.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interestingly, according to the Wikipedia entry on slavery in the United States, one of the last slaves known was a Native American woman called Ute Woman:

Some tribes held people as captive slaves late in the 19th century. For instance, "Ute Woman", was a Ute captured by the Arapaho and later sold to a Cheyenne. She was kept by the Cheyenne to be used as a prostitute to serve American soldiers at Cantonment in the Indian Territory. She lived in slavery until about 1880. She died of a hemorrhage resulting from "excessive sexual intercourse".[237]

en.wikipedia.org...

One shudders to think of the dreadful life she must have had.
Should we wait for movie on her?
I won't hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join