It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally saw IT (2018), and feel sorry for the clown.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I disagree, he's a very real alien parasite.

Not quite an "ass-weasel" as in the Dreamcatcher movie.

But real enough.

The fears he creates, and feeds off may be "unreal" and delusional, but It is a real being.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: stormcell

He'd eat the customers.

The fear only "seasons" the meat.

He could eat without terrorizing his prey.

He tortures his victims for fun.

Once again, not a clown, a spider. A giant evil alien space spider. A SADISTIC giant evil alien space spider.

You havent read the book have you?

Actually he is more like an ancient god, his true form is described as unfathomable to human eyes. Its called the deathlights, and it will kill you or make you mad if you look at it for to long.

But yeah, he is an old ancient god, not a spider. The spider is just the form they used to describe him in the old movie
edit on 21 11 2018 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

ETA.
Also, the fear is what gives him strenght/power. He feeds of the negative energy, and it makes him strong. Without fear he might not be strong enough to kill you. And also it "seasons" the flesh or make it taste better like you said. But without the fear, he has no real power.
edit on 21 11 2018 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Actually when people invade animals territory and get eaten they kill the animal usually.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman
What are you talking about hes not an alien.

Haven't you seen the movie or read the book, IT is a native, they have been having issues with IT, in that sleepy town since before people built a town on top of IT. IT is a native of earth, probably more so then humans.

That means. Not an alien since its been here for longer then you all have.

And I mean is it, IT's fault that you all are so tasty once you got a bit of a amygdala juices ruining through you veins?

Nope. No more then its the chickens fault or even Colonel fault that fried chicken and the secret sauce tastes so good to humans.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Which then makes one wonder whose fears he chowed on before humans?

Ooh, lets scare the Stegosaurus and pretend to be a T-Rex.
Makes me pity IT all over again.
The poor thing.
(I have vague a memory of a dinosaur attack in the book actually.)
But if he didn't evolve on earth, he's still an alien, whether he preceded modern humans or not.

edit on 22-11-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
But OK, if one interprets IT as a "native, and he resides in America, would that make him a "Native American"?
edit on 22-11-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sorry It is not a native and originates from the Macroverse, which is another dimension, and iirc the only place it can be defeated.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ya! But its been here longer then humans have so that would make it more of a native then some. Anyways.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Ya! But its been here longer then humans have so that would make it more of a native then some. Anyways.

I would counter you could say it has more a right to be here, but not more a native.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

But he came from somewhere else, different rules different world, not native at all

He cares as much as humans as humans care for ants in general, i feel like that's how he sees humans. If he was kind of like a god on whatever dimension or universe he came from, then he was not a good guy back there, he was still evil and full of anger, he likes to play around with his food, not just eat it and move on, he's aware of what he is doing right? So it would make it evil because if he wasn't aware then he would just be an animal but he had feelings too, he is aware and not just acting on instinct of self preservation

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

I was speaking in a strictly linear time scale. Is that not how we judge how or what is first or second here? So if it was around before humans were around on planet earth, then ya, it would be more native then what came after it. Even if its still a manifested tendril of something from another dimension, that tendril still has been here longer, off and on, of-course. Since dino or native tribes were not very tasty, but I am sure there were plenty of other civilizations it snacked on.

If he was kind of like a god on whatever dimension or universe he came from, then he was not a good guy back there, he was still evil and full of anger, he likes to play around with his food, not just eat it and move on, he's aware of what he is doing right?

All children like to play with there food. Even if this one is a bit more older then most children, that does not change that fact.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join