It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JCS chairman says military's job at border is "not to deny access to migrants"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Dunford said military personnel were there to provide engineering support to points of entry, and to provide logistical and medical support to customs and border police. "The tasks that we are providing are in support of the Department of Homeland Security. And nothing that we are doing is illegal," Dunford said. "What we are doing now in support of customs and border police and Homeland Security more broadly is filling legitimate capability gaps that they have with military capabilities."

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its the job of the military to provide security at the borders the last time i checked. The claims that the chairman is talking off is rather ridicules. We are providing are in support of the Department of Homeland Security?

Once the so called migrants started marching in and committing crimes will they act then?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
true
your job is to stop foreign invaders
semantics..
edit on 18-11-2018 by acackohfcc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
Its the job of the military to provide security at the borders the last time i checked. The claims that the chairman is talking off is rather ridicules. We are providing are in support of the Department of Homeland Security?

Once the so called migrants started marching in and committing crimes will they act then?

I'm all for people coming into this country legally but you're speaking in hyperbole.

They're there essentially to play a support role and help with logistics.

What do you want them to do?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

No, that is not their job. Their job is to fight outside the country, unless a state of martial law is declared within the borders of the U.S. Anything less than that is completely wrong.

But, nice try...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

No, that is not their job. Their job is to fight outside the country, unless a state of martial law is declared within the borders of the U.S. Anything less than that is completely wrong.

But, nice try...

What does the National Guard do... I mean... by definition what is their job... you are the one that is completely wrong... but nice try... 😉👍

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

But, nice try...

What does the National Guard do... I mean... by definition what is their job... you are the one that is completely wrong... but nice try... 😉👍

The NG is under the same rules.....with one exception. They MUST be requested by the governor of a state to be put into use internally.

But then, facts are irrelevant to you it seems.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Just calm down bro. You'll see what happens. Until then this is speculation. If they had plans to use force they wont necessarily need to tell you ahead of time. Migrants means legal migrants. If a huge crowd of 1,000+ people rush the border, bashing people and causing mayhem I'm pretty sure someone will do something. It may not even require military action. Just calm down and see what happens. A bunch already showed up and werent given immediate access like they thought so we/you should he happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

But, nice try...

The NG is under the same rules.....with one exception. They MUST be requested by the governor of a state to be put into use internally.

Fact is that changed in 2007... and if it’s a “national security issue” (which if you’ve seen what’s been going on already in Tijuana it is) they’ll engage... with prejudice...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

But, nice try...

Fact is that changed in 2007... and if it’s a “national security issue” (which if you’ve seen what’s been going on already in Tijuana it is) they’ll engage... with prejudice...

Do you have a source for that 2007 change? I would be interested in reading up on that change.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Trump Conspiracy (4D chess):

Trump will use this "invasion" and "military stand-down" to show the country/world that the current US military is unable to defend the United Sates. He will then use an EO to create a new "Selective Security" force that will be loyal to him and they will wear Golden/Tan uniform tops to match Trumps hair/provide camouflage in the desert/distinguish them from active duty troops.

Or maybe not. Trump is a wild card...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

But, nice try...

Is military has been used on US soil before its not new. They were used to force integration used in Selma for example. They were used to restore peace after Martin Luther King was killed. They were more recently used during hurricane Hugo.

President George H.W. Bush called in the National Guard to restore order on the island of St. Croix of the U.S. Virgin Islands. Looting and racial tension broke out following devastating damage from Hurricane Hugo. The storm damage buried the island in rubble, destroying most homes and knocking out communications. The storm sparked long-standing racial tensions that led to rioting and looting. Bush sent in 1,100 heavily armed troops.

And of course Rodney King riots. Arson, violence and looting broke out across Los Angeles following the not-guilty verdicts in all but one assault charge in the video-taped police beating of Rodney King. During the violence, 2,000 reserve soldiers were activated. And yes they were armed and even got into a gun battle with a US citizen.

If need be they can use force on the border. What is happeneing is DHS is trying not to uae them for anything other than support.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

But, nice try...

People need to stop pushing for this to be okay.

Even if you like and trust who's in power what about the next guy?

Bush abused the power in ways, Obama went further.

We're yet to see what Trump does but if we follow the trends the future doesn't look good.

Sovereign citizens seen as top threat over terrorists to US government.

Whether or not you believe in their ideology is irrelevant. The fact is, subculture groups have been on the governments radar as top threats.

Eventually with the polarization of society, people will be deemed criminals for having extreme ideology (right or left).

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Domestic terrorism is a bigger threat then ISIS. You have a bunch of nuts running around who think the law does not apply to them. Yes thats a huge threat because they are all ready unstable. I love the part that you legally dont have to pay taxes because the IRS spells your name in all caps.

Then you had that nut case that booby trapped a house trying to kill agents after he called in a bomb threat. All because his mom sued him and won a case of abuse against him.

If you think these people are heros or for that matter in normal you need help.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Shoot people in the face with Hellfire missiles. Duh.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If you think these people are heros or for that matter in normal you need help.

When did I imply that?

Domestic terrorism isn't new, just the advent of instant information.

If you want rights to degrade because of any sort of terrorism, they won by definition, inciting enough fear to limit our freedoms, willingly.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Shoot people in the face with Hellfire missiles. Duh.

They're going to mooch off of the government! Spend millions to stop them! Haha, many would be fine with that.

Again, I'm all for legal immigration, anti illegal.

I just don't like spending more money than it's worth, like the war on drugs.

Hell, we've lost about every war we've waged post WWII. Except the war against fiscal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Posse comitatus is a thing. You really want the military doing a police action inside the United # States of America? Are you #ing insane?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront
Posse comitatus is a thing. You really want the military doing a police action inside the United # States of America? Are you #ing insane?

if the local police are overwhelmed by the sheer number of people crossing the border then i don't see a problem with the national guard helping out. we can't allow an open border.... can we?

i'm all for legal immigration but to let people walk in without intervening is bad.... no? yes? maybe?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

In this case the Marines and Army MP units that were deployed will be unarmed and wil only provide support functions to CBP / Law Enforcement and the National Guard units (who can engage in civilian law enforcement functions).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join